Let's Talk About Shirataki Noodles- The Continuation

Options

Replies

• bunjijk
    Options
    I just tried the dry fry method. YOU are a genious! So many possibilities now... :)
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I just tried the dry fry method. YOU are a genious! So many possibilities now... :)

How exciting! I'm so glad that worked out for you!

Keep us posted on your shirataki adventures!

-Chelle
  • astamu92
    astamu92 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • DanaJ1983
    Options
    I ordered some to try again your way. I remembered a bag of kelp noodles in the back of the fridge that I had bought to try but then chickened out. I took them out and did just like you do with the shirataki noodles. They aren't like rubber bands as I remembered the miracle noodles being like. The texture was more like spaghetti squash. Is that how the miracle noodles are like when you fix them your way? I can deal with that. Have you tried kelp noodles? If so are they about the same?

I've never had kelp noodles (although I've looked for them) so I can't really compare. If you were to cross the texture of cooked pasta with a raw mushroom I think that would get you close.

If you're very sensitive to texture you should mix other textures with the shirataki noodles, like bok choy, bean sprouts, water chestnuts, etc.

Also, try the tofu shirataki instead of the non-tofu shirataki. They're a little closer in texture.

-Chelle

your post cracked me up!! I have to admit I saw the shirataki noodles in the store took one poke at the bag and didn't even think about buying them. Yes I did poke the bag they seemed a little weird to me. I decided to quote this particular thread because I LOVE KELP NOODLES! I use them to make a thai peanut chicken dish! I find kelp noodles are almost always better the day after because sitting in the sauce softens them up! perhaps now that I know to dry fry the shiratki noodles I can give them a try. Thanks Chelle!
  • gabriellejayde
    gabriellejayde Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    i actually bought these last week before seeing this thread. I wasn't sure what they even were, but they had 20 calories so I had to try it.
    After reading this thread and a few recipes online, I rinsed them, then fried them with a tablespoon of olive oil. Threw in some home grown chopped tomatos, basil, and chopped olives.
    My first bite, I thought, "hmmm. rubbery"
    My second bite, I thought, "no, not rubbery... good"
    THen I ate the whole thing and was full and it was like 100 calories.

Today I bought 2 more bags. :)
  • joceemartinez84
    joceemartinez84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • joceemartinez84
    joceemartinez84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bumping!
  • ware_sarah
    ware_sarah Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank for posting again!!!

BUMP!!
  • StarHeart79
    Options
    Need to try the dry-fry method! Bump!
  • Lacebopp
    Lacebopp Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Need to try the dry-fry method! Bump!
    It really helps!!!
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • ellybeann
    ellybeann Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info.....

BUMP
  • Rory_123
    Rory_123 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the House Foods TRADITIONAL shirataki (not the tofu)? I just tried them, and they were way better than the tofu ones IMO, and they have zero calories! Not squeaky, more like bean thread noodles. I just had the whole pack, sautéed with about a half cup of chicken broth until most of the liquid was gone, and then added 3 wedges of laughing cow light. Amazing 85 calories snack. I might go out and buy another pack, get some mushrooms and have the same thing for dinner!
  • finallychelle
    finallychelle Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the House Foods TRADITIONAL shirataki (not the tofu)? I just tried them, and they were way better than the tofu ones IMO, and they have zero calories! Not squeaky, more like bean thread noodles. I just had the whole pack, sautéed with about a half cup of chicken broth until most of the liquid was gone, and then added 3 wedges of laughing cow light. Amazing 85 calories snack. I might go out and buy another pack, get some mushrooms and have the same thing for dinner!

I haven't seen them but I'll sure be looking for them now!

Thanks!

-Chelle
  • ptexasblue
    Options
    :smile:
  • pippa890
    Options
    Where is the cheapest place to buy these? I'm from Oxford and cant think of anywhere that might stock them so I can get them online if need be? :) Thanks
  • ferrahcn
    Options
    bump
  • bunjijk
    Options
    Shirataki noodles (and MFP) are primarily responsible for my weight loss. I can honestly say that I could NOT have done it without shirataki noodles. I eat them every single day-- usually in a bacon and egg breakfast stir fry.

They start me off right and then the rest of the day is a breeze.

This pic shows what I look like now vs. what I looked like just before I started my diet, last year:

tumblr_m9ljaxYwnC1qf7n0mo1_500.jpg

If you look closely you should be able to see a slight difference. ;o)

-everthinnerchelle

OMG - I didn't read your post first; I just looked at the picture and thought you were comparing yourself with your mother! :) Wow, YOU look fabulous.
  • lisablah
    Options
    bump