Reminder: The Scale Does NOT Define You!

Options

Replies

• LivingInPuglia
    LivingInPuglia Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Great motiviation - going to print it and stick it on the fridge and on the bedroom mirror to remind me to stop jumping on the scales every day.

Loved this comment

"The scale is a lying, cheating *kitten* who kicks puppies and takes candy from babies. Don't give it any power over you. "
  • Lush87
    Lush87 Posts: 6
    Options
    this is wonderful :) i have been the same since june and actually up maybe 3-4 lbs....very depressing since i go to the gym 5 days a week and do bootcamp, kickfit, zumba, cyclefit and weights/machines. everytime i get on the scale it says the same thing but i feel as though im toning?! you look amazing thank you for posting this!!!
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    GREAT post! I was "stuck" on the number on the scale thing (although i do have more to lose at this point after putting 15# back on (got lazy) after losing 67#.
    I have said this time......I really don't care what the scale says as long as i can fit back in my clothes i wore 15# ago!
    You look great!
  • DMW914
    DMW914 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I'm with you all the way. I'm doing a challenge that requires weekly weigh-ins which is hard cause I don't own a scale anymore, so I don't have a choice but to go by clothes, and measurments... occasionaly, if I can get to the scale at work I'll step on it but of course it says the same thing for weeks at a time or very little changes with the loss. But my clothes don't lie. Things I've had in my closet thinkin' "I'll never get back into these" has made me a liar... I've even gave most of my jeans away (sigh). But I'm on a new path and nothing... includinding those damned numbers on thhe scale is gonna stop me. I'm on a mission! So thanx for the inspirational post cause I get it and you look fantabulous! Keep up the good work!
  • FammaMel
    FammaMel Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have read many of your posts and blogs and every time you make me stop re-think my obsession with the scale. Onward and upward. Thank you for continuing to remind us that the scale does not matter! I will continue with my cardio and my lifting schedule as planned. :happy:
  • candctaber
    Options
    AMAZING!!!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    My two favorite quotes:

" It doesn't matter what the effect the earth's gravitational pull has on you at any given moment. No one knows that number but you. "

"The scale is a lying, cheating *kitten* who kicks puppies and takes candy from babies. Don't give it any power over you. "

I love those. And I'm stealing them. Thanks Lorina Lynn. You are seriously one of my favorite people on the board.
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Wowza! You look amazing! I'm going to keep coming back to this when the scale gets me down.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    My god, woman, you are stunning.

I'm going to bookmark this thread, to remind me how stupid my scale obsession can be.

I'm 5'4' AND 143LB and a size 8. Last year I weighed 130 and was still a size 8. I'm still aiming at 130 but you have reminded me to not obsess over the number.
  • MissJenova
    Options
    Best. Thread. Ever.
  • purpledelight
    purpledelight Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    bump! Bookmark! Copy paste!
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    God bless you and this post. You look HOT BTW - very inspirational for someone like myself who has been doing this for 2 months and only lost 3 freaking pounds... but my pants ARE loose and my shirts fit better and I just ran nearly 2 miles today!
  • UnderConstructionLuis
    Options
    Great post! And you look fantastic!
  • tejasmh87
    tejasmh87 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank you! This is exactly what I needed to hear today :)
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • taylorblues
    taylorblues Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!

I have already gone from weighing every day to once a week but think I'm going to stop right now..........I want to look as good as you!!!

Thanks for the inspiration.
  • Lay821
    Lay821 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Same here 1 day the scale says I lost 28lbs the next just 20.. either way Im happy with having to replace all my size 12-14 jeans with 6-8 !!
  • Timalein
    Timalein Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you for being so inpirational! I really appreciate what you wrote & I feel recommitted and motivated :) You are an angel!
  • fatsopig
    Options
    You look amazing. Thanks for sharing!
  • rockheart
    rockheart Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I needed to read this today!