CROCKtober - break out your crock pot recipes for October!

Options

Replies

• Casey45
    Casey45 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    The very first recipe-I make it with no liquid and I ball up aluminum foil to set the chicken on. It keeps it from getting too fally aparty. I season it with season salt and it tastes just like a grocery store rotisserie chicken.

My slow cooker has a rack. Never used the rack, will have to try it. But no liquid?
  • Jessie1227
    Jessie1227 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    bumppp!
  • jabmzmom
    Options
    bump
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    bump for laterz
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    This is a great and useful thread! Thanks for sharing.
  • Casey45
    Casey45 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    easiest recipe ever, i make it once a week:

2 lb chuck or rump roast-just me and my husband
    etc etc

So are you chuck or the rump?

Sooooo sorry (not) could. not. resist. :wink: Cracking myself up here.
  • Doreen9686
    Options
    Bump
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Great timing!
  • SteffieMark
    SteffieMark Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I get good use from my Crock Pot, making anything from soups and stews to whole turkey breasts. I probably cook in it, at least 4 times a week. I love my muffin tins too, loads of nice meals to make with them.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Finally recently bought a crock pot and am obsessed! Bumping!!
  • jlt1968
    jlt1968 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Currently eating:

Chicken Enchilada Soup

1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
    1 can diced tomatoes (rotel)
    1 can corn
    1 can enchilada sauce
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    1 1/2 cups milk
    3 chicken breasts

In bottom of crock pot combine beans, tomatoes, and corn. Top with chicken breasts. In large bowl, whisk together enchilada sauce and soup. Gradually whisk in the milk until smooth. Pour mixture over top of chicken. Cook on low 6 hours. Shred chicken and top with cheese. Serve with cheese and tortilla chips.

I doubled the recipe and it filled my large crockpot to the brim. Approximately 20 cups. I normally eat 1.5-2 cups as a serving.

1 cup = 181 calories.
  • beklew159
    beklew159 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the great recipes!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    all of these look great thanks everyone
  • cheetosandburritos
    cheetosandburritos Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    For the crockpot chicken (the very first recipe), I use no liquid. I make a "sling" out of a long piece of tinfoil and set the bird on it. I cut a lemon in half and put it cut side down in the crockpot. Then I put my chicken (in the sling) on top of the lemon so it doesn't touch the bottom of the crock. I cook it on high for 4 hours and then use the tin foil to remove it from the crock without it disintegrating. You can crisp up the skin by putting it under the broiler for about 5 minutes, but this is MFP- none of us eat chicken skin anymore!
  • SueBee7777
    Options
    I am new here, so I am jumping right in with a tip on crock Pot cooking, that I learned . Yall may know this all ready, I did not read all the way back in this thread.

I slice up one large onion, into about 1/4 inch slices or a little smaller. I then lay them in the bottom of the crock Pot and layer it with meat or whatever I am cooking that will hold it on the bottom until you get everything in the pot. This keeps your food from sticking to the bottom of the crockpot. Some of them cook away and you are just left with the flavoring and some of them are still there for the people who like onions over the meat or dinner, and they are delicious. You don't have to eat them you can just get rid of them, if you don't like onions. I have found even kids learn to like onions this way. :)
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    easiest recipe ever, i make it once a week:

2 lb chuck or rump roast-just me and my husband
    8 oz of water
    4 TBSP soy sauce
    3 TSP sugar (i use stevia)
    Garlic-i use the squeeze tube garlic a few good squeezes
    1 onion-can omit

Put meat in pot, slice onion in big chunks, put over meat. Mix the water, soy sauce, sugar substitute, and garlic, pour over meat. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

The first night I serve with a side of veggies. I refridgerate the rest and serve the next day over a salad with tomato, onion, cucumber and light blue cheese dressing.

I estimate 6oz of meat at 300 calories (from MFP data base for cooked chuck roast).

This sounds delicious! My hubby doesn't like "roast" so this is a good sub!
  • PJmetts
    PJmetts Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Bump! Need these nummy recipies, thanks all!
  • Msaip
    Msaip Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    This morning before I left the house I threw in

4 frozen boneless/skinless chicken breasts
    1 can creamed corn
    1 can green beans
    1 can cream of chicken soup
    Salt, pepper, granulated garlic.

Cook it on low all day. My hubby is going to dump in 1 cup uncooked rice later this afternoon.

Easy chicken caserole :)