We met in Biology and we had Chemistry.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    On reggae night, in an Australian bar in Japan :laugh:
  • GinaKurtz
    GinaKurtz Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    We went to middle school together, but were reintroduced by my best friend when I was a sophomore in college. We've been together for just over 10 years now...married for 8 1/2. We started out hanging out as just friends first & then we became the best of friends. We were engaged after 9 months & married after 9 more! :heart:
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    My Best Friend was Screwing his best Friend... The rest is History :heart:

you were both in the room? kinky! :laugh:
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    we met over the phone. I was working customer service for an online travel agency, he called to make changes to his ticket (and then kept calling until I eventually agreed to meet him - 3 months later), we've been together almost 12 years now (and married 8 1/2, with 3 kids)
  • mlwatts2
    mlwatts2 Posts: 247
    Options
    High School...crazy..right...
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Wow no one has mentioned meetup.com!

I had been divorced for a few years. Over it, but certianly not wanting to date. Got laid off. Found a job in Virginia. So I told myself I was going to make the best of it, meet some new friends. I like motorcycles. I joined some motocycle groups on meetup.com. At the time he was still legally married, but had been separated from his wife for 7 years. Because he was still legally married, I didn't want anything to do with him. Kept seeing him at rides, turns out he was next to me in every group photo. Finally his divorce gets finalized and he has a girlfriend. A few months later, group christmas party, and I asked him out. We went on our first date the next day. He kissed me and the rest is history. Been married a year and a half now. :heart:
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    this is more of the "where did you meet your wife" thing.....lol

I own a pawn shop and she came in to pawn her earrings...she had just went through a divorce and was struggling with two kids. If you don't know how a pawn shop works....a customer can pay the interest on the merchandise every month....so, I told myself "when she is not a paying customer, I will ask her out"....took the woman 7 months to NOT be a paying customer....drove me crazy but, I held strong to my vow....anyway, we've been married 7 yrs, I have two great step kids and our daughter turned 6 a few months ago. :)

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    we were "fun" buddies. ;) and just went from there
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I found my hubby kind of by accident.

He was living with a bunch of people I was friends with (like 12 people in one house :bigsmile: ), and dating one of the friends' sister. I was dating a guy who proved to be a psychopath, and dumped him just about the time the girl dumped my now hubby. I was driving him back and forth to work for a couple of weeks, and living in between the ex boyfriend's house and this house full of people. One night on the way home from work we got to talking about the exes, dating, etc, and joked about having no-strings-attached-sex....a week later we did. By then I had completely moved out of the ex's house and was living in the house full of people, pretty much playing mom to everyone. The first time we slept together was April 12, I got pregnant in May (Memorial day!! LOL), we moved to his hometown the following August, got married the following February, had the kid in march, and have been married ever since.

17 1/2 years and 3 kids later, we are very happy. :love:
  • rladd6421
    rladd6421 Posts: 455
    Options
    In stormwind.

before or after cata?

i met mine at work. I was a mechanical installer and he was an electrical inspector.
  • Zylahe
    Zylahe Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    He stalked me.
  • krorvik
    krorvik Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Me and My husband went to school together he was 2 years ahead of me but when i was a sophmore he hung out with my brother and we partied together but one night at a party people asked us if we wanted to date each other and we both said sure and ever since then he has been my best friend. so almost 13 years ago. and Husband for 7years. We have 2 handsome little boys 5years old and 2 years.
  • quellybelly
    quellybelly Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Yays! Reading stories about people getting together makes me happy :)

My story!

My boyfriend who we will call "L" and I met in the summer going into grade 12 in high school through a mutual friend. We had crushes on each other instantly, but of course me being the girly girl I am, I waited for him to make the first move. Unfortunately for him, another guy "M" who I also had a thing for (oh fickle teenager me...) got to me first. I dated M for 2 years and it ended pretty badly. Not a healthy relationship at all - I had lost touch with my friends, including L, because M was so overprotective and unnecessarily jealous. After we broke up, L and I were both in first year university and re-connected. Sparks were re-kindled and a few months later he asked me out by putting a rose in my locker saying "Saturday?" :) 4.5 years and still going strong!

We joke about how he had waited for me all that time, since he never dated anyone else while I was with M. I tease him whenever I take forever to get ready for our dates. "You've waited 2 years for me, 15 minutes won't kill you!" haha. We also wonder what would've happened if he just had the balls back in high school, but maybe we weren't meant to be together until now :)
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    We were working at target. I said I needed a roommate and he needed one too. I moved in the next day. We got married 5 months later.
  • perdie7
    perdie7 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    in the garage of a funeral home
  • v65magna
    v65magna Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My ex husband introduced us. My husband cheated - his wife cheated, yada yada yada. Several years later we met up at a bar and we've lived happily ever after.
  • megtastic80
    Options
    No need to look any further... you can have mine. I am due for a replacement anyway.

:laugh:

lol lol
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I met my husband when I was 9 years old at a bbq my parents had. We were friends til I was 15, started dating and got married when I was 21. 12 years of marriage and 2 little boys added to the mix. Can honestly say he is my one and only :heart:
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    On the Facebook London network discussion boards. I was organising a drinks event at Torture Garden for people to try the place without feeling intimidated and he was interested in coming along. A group chat and a couple of Spaced references later we were on our way to coupledom.