CROCKtober - break out your crock pot recipes for October!

Options

Replies

• toliver1970
    toliver1970 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    sounds delish
  • MtnKat
    MtnKat Posts: 714
    Options
    Bump - tagging this to peruse the posts later :-)

What a bunch of great recipes! Thanks for posting!
  • feisma
    feisma Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • NikkiHann17
    NikkiHann17 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Bump these look great thanks.
  • loserbaby84
    loserbaby84 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Bump - THANK YOU for the ideas <3
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I plan to get a crock pot this weekend. I'll need these recipes. Thanks!
  • toliver1970
    toliver1970 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ware_sarah
    ware_sarah Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • sophayz
    sophayz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Bump for later !
  • adancer59
    adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Have a couple of more:
    1 chuck or rump roast
    1 can cream mushroom soup
    1 packet onion soup mix
    onions
    carrots
    potatoes
    water

Put roast in crock pot and put onion soup then cream of mushroom soup. Add warm water until just over half the roast is covered. Add in baby carrots and 3/4 to a whole onion cut in large slices. About 2-3 hours before serving, slice into thin round pieces about 3 or 4 large potatoes. Just depends on how many you are feeding.

After potatoes are tender....EAT!!!!

Chicken N Tomato
    Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
    1 Large Can Whole Toamtoes
    1/2 Large bottle V8---Low Sodium
    Bay Leaf

Combine all ingredients in crock pot....I usually use 3 breasts but you can adjust the tomatoes and V8 on how many you need to feed. I always add a little parsley, Italian seasoning and garlic powder. Just a little of each and a couple tablespoons of sugar to cut the acidity of the tomatoes.

Serve with baked potatoes, egg noodles or mashed potatoes. I always have green beans with this too! Love this and so low cal!
  • Berger2011
    Options
    All of these sound so yummy!!! I so want to make some of these so we have a nice healthy dinner waiting for us when we get home!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • horses7777
    Options
    bump--I can't wait to try some of these out! Thanks to all who contributed to this.:flowerforyou:
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    replying to save.
  • smcclaycouffer
    smcclaycouffer Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I bought my crock pot in 2007 used it once thank you for the recipes maybe now I can start using it! ;)
  • sashanicole88
    sashanicole88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    bump! thank you :heart:
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jyork5407
    Options
    Pulled Pork Barbeque

PREPARATION:
    4lb pork roast (pork shoulder) - I've also done two 3 lb pork roasts in one pot
    2 onions, sliced, divided
    1 onion, chopped (optional)
    5 or 6 whole cloves
    2 cups water
    16 oz bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce - (ABSOLUTELY THE BEST for this recipe is Montgomery Inn BBQ Sauce and I use 2 bottles b/c I like it pretty saucy, especially if I'm doing two 3 lb roasts. You can also use one bottle of sauce and add water if its too dry.)
    salt and pepper

PREPARATION:
    Place one sliced onion at the bottom of Crock Pot.
    Stud pork roast with cloves and season with salt and pepper.
    Place roast in slow cooker on top of the sliced onion. Cover with the second sliced onion and add enough water to fill Crock Pot two-thirds of the way.
    Cover and cook on low 8 to 12 hours. (I usually start mine right before going to bed, so its ready to shred in the morning and ready to eat by lunch time).
    Remove roast and place on cookie sheet. Remove and discard cloves, bone and fat as well as any water, onions, and grease remaining in pot.
    Using two forks, or your fingers, pull apart until the entire roast is shredded. (I move the pork from one side of cookie sheet to other as I shred and I am maniacal about getting all the fat out.)
    Return the pulled pork to the crock pot. Mix in the chopped onion (optional) and BBQ sauce and cover. Heat on high 1-3 hours stirring often until heated through, or onions are soft.

NOTE: You can cook the roast on high instead of low to cut the cooking time. Freezes and reheats extremely well!
  • Terri929
    Terri929 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • weightloss12345678
    weightloss12345678 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Checking back later