Day 1 of 30 day Slimdown

Options

Replies

• momta2girls
    Options
    Count me in!!!! I'm back. After a few weeks of family issues (father-in-laws....need I say more?), I'm back. Fixing to start completely over. I only made it through the first 2 weeks last time, but I lost 2 lbs which is great for me. Haven't gained any weight and I'm already dreading hearing Jillian's voice. :)

Day 1 The Shred Level 1 here I come!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    You may have another joiner... coming soon! (I don't have BFBM or NMTZ) . Until I get them, I'll be doing some shredding, but I'll follow along and cheer you all on. Can't wait to see everyone's progress!

Great to have you...Walmart sells them.

Thank you! I've checked my Wal-Mart, it doesn't carry them, so I'll have to order... How's it going?

I got my shred through Amazon, but my Target carries all 3 for $10 apiece.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Ok, sorry I see Kim already mentioned Target.

I know I was overestimating calories burned before. Maybe that's why I didn't lose any pounds, well part of it anyway. I'll use your estimate in MFP until I get an HRM. Thanx!

I did day 2 of level 1 of the shred tonight. I was a bit sore, but still got through it. Getting moving and stretching actually helps the soreness. Feels good though. Glad I'm doing this and pushing myself. I've been through the shred. I have no idea what the other 2 dvds have in sore for me.

I can't do squats completely. My left knee has issue and it hurts to bend and put weight on it. My doc doesn't seem too worried. I function fine, but just can't do some things. I'll deal with this over surgery anyway. Building up the muscles around it helps so hopefully it'll feel better soon. Same goes for the lower back, building those muscles makes the pain go away. Funny how that works. At least Jillian is good for that kind of thing for sure.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    Gay, remember you can opt out of Jillian's instructions...LOL...welcome back...family dynamics are well....shall we say...interesting

OK, shredders...should we do introductions? Anyone doing measurements? Daily checkins?

I finished Day 2 of the slimdown...Shred #2...200 calories gone

HAGN ALL
  • bethany_85
    Options
    I saw the other post about the 30 day shred so I went to Target and bought it this afternoon. Just finished it and I think it may take me a month to get to level 2. Yikes! I'm obviously not ready to do a 40 minute video but I'll follow along with this post doing the 30 day shred if that's ok. I need some accountability and motivation to stick with it. :happy:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    Welcome Bethany!!! Do what makes you comfortable. When your ready to shake things up, you can add the others. You will be amazed at how quickly our bodies get stronger. I know I am. I actually have muscle accumulating in places that I am thrilled about.
  • nisijam5
    Options
    OK, today is day 3, No More Trouble Zones and I have a lot of those....I'll be burning 400 calories with this torture and toning all the muscles groups...exactly 30 days till Mexico
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    OK, today is day 3, No More Trouble Zones and I have a lot of those....I'll be burning 400 calories with this torture and toning all the muscles groups...exactly 30 days till Mexico

Wow, 400 calories? So, even if I estimate 300 calories I'll be pretty good? Sounds like it'll be a tough one then. I'll push through for sure.
  • nisijam5
    Options

Wow, 400 calories? So, even if I estimate 300 calories I'll be pretty good? Sounds like it'll be a tough one then. I'll push through for sure.

I figured yours out to be about 15% less than mind....so, I would say 350-370
  • nehtaeh
    Options

I figured yours out to be about 15% less than mind....so, I would say 350-370

I entered 350, but even at 300 that's still good for me. Guess it'll depend on how hard I work.
  • momta2girls
    Options
    Day 2 complete. :drinker:
  • iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    wk 3 day 2 of C25K...I also did a kickbox bootcamp by jeanette jenkins..I found this on demand...wow this lady is serious..she kicked my *kitten*..Banane21.gif
  • hrachael
    Options
    I started 30 day shred on demand on comcast and just bought the video at Walmart! I love the workouts! I am on level 2 right now and can see how this is going to help tone my body! ::happy:
  • nisijam5
    Options
    wk 3 day 2 of C25K...I also did a kickbox bootcamp by jeanette jenkins..I found this on demand...wow this lady is serious..she kicked my *kitten*..Banane21.gif

I am going to have to try this...sounds interesting...I love Comcast, they have such a variety

Gay, good job getting back on track
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in doing this! I'll start tomorrow with Day 4. I've been through all the DVDs and love this type of workout. It will be nice to do it with others :)

So for the 'quick trouble zones' do you only pick a few circuits from NMTZ?

I am also training for a 12k so I will work these in around runs :) I will weigh and take measurements on Friday!

Anyway, my name is Katie, and I live in OK. I have two little boys that I get to stay at home and take care of. My husband is in the USAF. I've become a workout junkie in the past few months and I absolutely love it! I feel so much better when I get a workout in. Only 15 more pounds to go til goal, but I want to tone as I go, so these DVDs seem perfect! Look forward to getting to know you all :)
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Completed day 20 of the Shred today! yah! 10 days of level 3, here i come!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Did the No More Trouble Zones. I really like this workout. It incoporates a lot of the same moves in the shred, but differently. I found it easier to do some of the moves, but not all. It really did kick my butt though. Not sure why I had any doubt about it. These dvds are really good at keeping me going.

I may change my mind when I get there, but I might just do the whole NMTZ dvd for the quick trouble zones. Not sure yet.

I wonder how sore I'll be tomorrow.
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Oh, here's my intro:

My name is Shannon. I've been married for 4.5 years and have twin 27 month old girls. Never had a problem with my weight or body before i had them. Now, its a lot harder to not let the weight creep on. So, I've been slowly losing the past year. Its hard, I love food. I am lazy, but I love the feeling after I workout. Just between working full time, the toddlers, the husband, the house, blah, blah - I sometimes woud just rather sleep than workout. I think this program will push me to do it before just going to bed, and that's what I need.

Vacation the beginning of April so I'm hoping to look fabulous by then.

I would like to take measurements to keep track but haven't yet. Maybe I'll make a point to do that tomorrow.
  • hrachael
    Options
    Is 30 Day Slimdown the same as 30 day Shred? Does anyone know approximately how many calories you burn during one 20 minute segment? I've not been following the program correctly because I started on level two (it was on demand) for free, then backtracked when I got the DVD. Somedays I do level one and two when I'm feeling energetic, or add some elliptical in. My goal has been to shed a few pounds, but mostly to tone...especially in the abdomen and love handles. Do you think Shred will help with this, or do you know of any others that are better for that area?

By the way, my name is Heather. I have 3 children, ages 9, 5, and 3. My husband is taking me to Mexico in a little over 2 weeks...which is how this all got started! However, we are both trying to make lifestyle changes, so this continues after Mexico!:laugh:
  • hrachael
    Options
    Is 30 Day Slimdown the same as 30 day Shred? Does anyone know approximately how many calories you burn during one 20 minute segment? I've not been following the program correctly because I started on level two (it was on demand) for free, then backtracked when I got the DVD. Somedays I do level one and two when I'm feeling energetic, or add some elliptical in. My goal has been to shed a few pounds, but mostly to tone...especially in the abdomen and love handles. Do you think Shred will help with this, or do you know of any others that are better for that area?

By the way, my name is Heather. I have 3 children, ages 9, 5, and 3. My husband is taking me to Mexico in a little over 2 weeks...which is how this all got started! However, we are both trying to make lifestyle changes, so this continues after Mexico!:laugh: