Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for February

Options

Replies

• thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I am wondering how My Fitnes Coach compares to the EA Active. I only have Wii Fit Plus, but will be looking for something else soon, just to break up the boredom.

Good for you getting in a full 45 in the morning. I keep telling myself I really should try and get up early enough to do it before work, but it hasn't happened yet. I love the snooze button too much.

What exactly are you looking to compare between the two?. I have both, but don't have Wii Fit Plus, so I can't compare against that.

I got a 680 burn playing the Wii EA active yesterday, my custom workout and 30 day challenge workout, both on hardest settings.

One thing I need to clarify about myself on the Wii burning calories. The Wii does seem to be quite good. "IF" you are playing constantly. Some exercises I was burning more, some the same.
    What I noticed in my two workouts, I have 34 exercises. Each one has that little pause as I go from exercise to exercise. then you have to press button to start. I also might walk around a few steps during my pause
    Remember the Wii only calculates when it thinks you are exercising. The time in between and afterwards we are still burning calories.

Well, Off to do my two workouts.
  • SkodaGal
    SkodaGal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes, it seems like I'm replying to my own post; I just thought I would add to it to mention what else I've done today.
    This afternoon I did some more Wii Fit Plus (yay :) ). This afternoon was for 22 minutes working on the Tummy, Leaner Mii, and the Figure workouts.
    I've been thinking that if I can do the My Fitness Coach in the mornings that I'm not working, and then the Wii Fit Plus in the afternoons around 3 or 4pm everyday I'll get myself into a good schedule.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Well I do not really know anything about EA Active, or My Fitness Coach. I was just trying to get a general idea which one was liked better , and why.

Peter you seem to speak about EA Active most often, along with many others , and seem to really love it.

SkodaGal , maybe you can tell me how My Fitness Coach compares to Wii Fit Plus?

Super that both of you are putting in some time, thats excellent. My rest day is past, and I am getting back to it right now myself.

Enjoy everybody!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    To those who's scales aren't moving - check your measurements or check how your clothes fit around hips, legs, etc. I bet you will find something somewhere has changes. Keep hanging in there.

I'm still in pain from running too much last week. I suppose I should stop exercising for a few days, but it will be too hard to start again. So I'm just doing 30 minutes free step at a slower pace until everything stretches out again.

It sounds like everyone is doing great and hanging in there. I love all the positives we have going in this forum. If I don't say so myself we have a great bunch here.

Have a great evening all,

JAM
  • thumper44
    Options
    To those who's scales aren't moving - check your measurements or check how your clothes fit around hips, legs, etc. I bet you will find something somewhere has changes. Keep hanging in there.

I'm still in pain from running too much last week. I suppose I should stop exercising for a few days, but it will be too hard to start again. So I'm just doing 30 minutes free step at a slower pace until everything stretches out again.

It sounds like everyone is doing great and hanging in there. I love all the positives we have going in this forum. If I don't say so myself we have a great bunch here.

JAM
    Hi Jam,
    What part of your legs are hurting from running? Are you stretching? Did you stretch before and after when you were running?
  • thumper44
    Options
    Well I do not really know anything about EA Active, or My Fitness Coach. I was just trying to get a general idea which one was liked better , and why.

Peter you seem to speak about EA Active most often, along with many others , and seem to really love it.

I like it because of being able to create my own workout that's lots of fun. I'm doing the 30 day challenge, but at same time created the workout. there's lots of exercises to choose from to put together, from running, to lunges, squats, biceps, triceps, sports, basketball, volleyball, baseball, tennis, dancing, boxing, running.

There's not much more to it than the exercises, there's no games that can be played.
    There's goals, that you can set up.. xx calories burned, xx hours worked out, and you can win trophies for specific things done.. ie 200 home runs .
    Of course there's different intensities depending on your level of fitness.
  • bby_baer
    Options
    Okay, this may sound like a stupid question, but...
    Are the fitness games usually available to rent along with all the other games?
    I have Netflix, so I have not been in the video store to check things out for myself since getting the Wii.
  • jacpark
    Options
    I did an hour of Wii Fit Plus today - boxing, dancing and stepping (while I watched tv) and burned 661 calories! I want to do this 3 times a week.
  • doingit4myprincesses
    Options
    Hi all!!! I am currently doing the wii fit plus for my exercise routine. I love it. The first time in my life that I actually like to exercise. I usually do the island run to start with, got my burn rate up from 47% to 115% which is a huge step for me. Then I usually do the advanced boxing and end with the marching band. That usually gives me abt 30 minutes of exercise and I try to do it 7 days a week depending on the kids. Anyone who wants to add me feel free!!!! Happy Wiiing!!!
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    Count me in. I love my Wii FIt Plus. That is what helped me lose my first thirty. My goal is 60 minutes 5x's a week.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Okay, this may sound like a stupid question, but...
    Are the fitness games usually available to rent along with all the other games?
    I have Netflix, so I have not been in the video store to check things out for myself since getting the Wii.

The only place I have seen Wii fitness stuff for rent is at Hastings.

Netfix has many other good DVDs to try though.

JAM
  • jam0525
    Options

JAM
    Hi Jam,
    What part of your legs are hurting from running? Are you stretching? Did you stretch before and after when you were running?

Peter - It's my entire legs up and down front and back. I did free step and hula first and I mistakenly thought that would warm me up and stretch me out. Any thoughts on how I can speed up the healing process?

Thanks,

JAM
  • 25anniversary2011
    25anniversary2011 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I still love my Wii Fit . Do you know if there are advanced areas in the basic step? I moved up to advanced step because i thought the basic was too slow and wasn't doing anything for me. Should I go back to basic and see if there are other "steps" that you unlock?
  • rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,
    I was super sore from my workout on EA active two days ago ( I felt like I rode a draft horse) :laugh: from all of the lunges, so I skipped a day and worked out today. I did 30 minutes of EA and started off sore but as I went through the different exercises my soreness seemed to fade. I am hoping to stay consistant with the 30 day challenge this time around.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    I did an hour of Wii Fit Plus today - boxing, dancing and stepping (while I watched tv) and burned 661 calories! I want to do this 3 times a week.

Nice! I have never managed to burn over 300 calories in an hour on the Wii, thats excellent. Gives me something to shoot for too!

Great to see still more new faces joining us.

Hey JAM, I have no advice about the legs. I would think all that skiing would leave me sore for sure. Hope it gets better quick!
  • thumper44
    Options
    Peter - It's my entire legs up and down front and back. I did free step and hula first and I mistakenly thought that would warm me up and stretch me out. Any thoughts on how I can speed up the healing process?

Thanks,

JAM

Off hand the only thing I can thing off is take a hot bath, I've heard an epsom salt bath works well. But definately make sure you stretch your muscles in your legs, After you warm up and before you exercise, and especially AFTER exercise is most important to stretch those mucles, while you cool down. (most people forget to stretch afterwards)

Especially stretch your calves, quadriceps, and hamstrings.
  • SkodaGal
    SkodaGal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi TwentyTen,
    In most ways I think I prefer My Fitness Coach over Wii Fit Plus. Wii Fit Plus is a good tool, and it's great to use, but I find with My Fitness Coach I can target a specific area and work on it such as weight loss, general health and wellness, cardio, core, lower body or upper body strength. Right now I'm working on General Health and Wellness with the Cardio element thrown in. I find using My Fitness Coach regularly I get/develop more toneness (if toneness is even a word, which my spell check doesn't thing it is :) Hopefully your understand what I'm talking about though :) ).
  • TwentyTen
    Options

Thanks,

JAM

Off hand the only thing I can thing off is take a hot bath, I've heard an epsom salt bath works well. But definately make sure you stretch your muscles in your legs, After you warm up and before you exercise, and especially AFTER exercise is most important to stretch those mucles, while you cool down. (most people forget to stretch afterwards)

Especially stretch your calves, quadriceps, and hamstrings.

I always find a steamy jacuzzi works wonders!

Appreciate the input SkodaGal! Thanks.
  • boscopup
    Options
    I still love my Wii Fit . Do you know if there are advanced areas in the basic step? I moved up to advanced step because i thought the basic was too slow and wasn't doing anything for me. Should I go back to basic and see if there are other "steps" that you unlock?

I always did Advanced Step once I unlocked it. Basic is very slow once you have gotten used to it. I actually get bored with Advanced now too. You can do Free Step once it's unlocked (you might have to do Advanced a few times first?). With that, you can specify 10, 20, or 30 minutes (IIRC) to do step at your own pace, and it will make tick sounds through the remote so you can go watch TV and still hear it. Once you get started, click through the "talking" stuff until it gives you a pace changing option, and then hit the + sign to increase the pace. If you're new to it, you can do the pace it sets originally, of course. I did that the first couple times, but then I was needing something faster, so I bumped it all the way up.
  • boscopup
    Options
    I did workout #3 of the 30 day challenge today, despite my legs being a bit sore from Tuesday (when I did workout #2 *and* started Couch25K). I did medium setting again. About an hour later, I did my 2nd Couch25K run. I'm feeling good today! :)