Tattoos!

Options

Replies

• bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I have a cross with celtic knots on my calf. I wanted it for a couple years before I finally got it.
  • shimewazaMan
    Options
    i really want one but i hear they hurt ......

It depends on where you get it. Mine is on the side of my upper arm and it did not hurt at all. Granted, I have some meat there. LOL ... I hear that it does hurt if you get it some place that is right on bone.

i was thinking kneecap

Hmmm ... never talked to anyone who had one there. Despite the fact that there really isn't any muscle or fat under the skin there, the skin on the knees does tend to be a bit tougher. I wouldn't think that the knee would be painful. One thing to consider regarding a tattoo on the knee ... depending on your body, of course, the skin over the knee changes in it's tightness and orientation when you stand up and sit down. I would keep that in mind when you are planning or choosing your design.

thank you ... you've been most helpful

so clearly no one has noticed your profile pic

or my ticker .... or any of my profile pics .... im gonna add you cause I need more smart folks in my life :)

LOL ... I was wondering about that. I assumed you were just a big fan of tattoos and thus the profile pic!
  • BooSayKy
    Options
    I also have many tattoos. I have all three kids each there own picture (my husband has the same ones). I have my husbands name. I have Taz on my right foot. A butterfly on my left foot. Another butterfly only right wrist. Oh ya the tiger on my back.

I was once getting a tattoo and one of the signs on the wall read.

I am always getting asked dose it hurt to get a tattoo
    my answer is:
    Its like haveing sex for the first time
    it hurts a little bit at first
    but you alway end up going back for more.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I have a tribal armband.....because i love it. End of story.

And a quote on my ribs that says "nothing is permanent." --Makes me laugh when I tell people to see how they react. "tattoos are permanent!" Uh, really? It has philosophical meaning that small minded people can't see.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    i really want one but i hear they hurt ......

It depends on where you get it. Mine is on the side of my upper arm and it did not hurt at all. Granted, I have some meat there. LOL ... I hear that it does hurt if you get it some place that is right on bone.

i was thinking kneecap

Hmmm ... never talked to anyone who had one there. Despite the fact that there really isn't any muscle or fat under the skin there, the skin on the knees does tend to be a bit tougher. I wouldn't think that the knee would be painful. One thing to consider regarding a tattoo on the knee ... depending on your body, of course, the skin over the knee changes in it's tightness and orientation when you stand up and sit down. I would keep that in mind when you are planning or choosing your design.

thank you ... you've been most helpful

so clearly no one has noticed your profile pic

or my ticker .... or any of my profile pics .... im gonna add you cause I need more smart folks in my life :)

LOL ... I was wondering about that. I assumed you were just a big fan of tattoos and thus the profile pic!
    you where being so nice i actually felt bad ......
  • shimewazaMan
    Options

you where being so nice i actually felt bad ......

LOL ... I feel like a moron now! I really did think the pic was not of you and that you just had it because you really liked tattoos. LOL
  • RumpusP
    RumpusP Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Black outline, grape purple color:

The Greek letter Delta on the inside of my right wrist and the Greek letter Sigma on the inside of my left wrist.

The significance: I am a member of and secretary to the "leather family" Delta Sigma House.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I have 5...really need to get more pics up.

1. Right Hip. 3 hearts within each other - Got it the night I turned 18. Inner heart (pink) represents my immediate family growing up; middle heart (green) represents my family to be (now my kids); outer heart (blue) represents God....each takes care of the other.

2. Right Shoulder. Gecko & butterfly - My son and daughter

3. Left Shoulder. A Hawaiian tribal symbol (I lived there for 4 years). It reminded me of a wave, and water brings me peace. There are four conjii, one on each corner. Strength, Peace, Happiness and Faith. I got this one as my divorce was in the works.

4. Left Hip. Hibiscus with a palm leaf, words that say "Hideaway Hotties" - This one makes me blush, but it's my fun one. I had a good group of friends in HI. We met every Sunday during football season at a bar called the "Hideaway". It was open for families on Sundays and was very family friendly on those days. We'd go back on Fri/Sat nights, or have parties somewhere else. Anyway, since we were all affiliated with the military and leaving the island, we said that everyone had to get branded before leaving. ;)

5. Left Side (armpit to hip). Three hearts with a rose intertwined. The hearts represent my kids and myself. The rose represents life and shows that no matter how many thorns you encounter, there will always be beauty in the end. I got this one a week after my divorce was final.
  • idaman76
    Options
    Grim reaper and razer wire on right shoulder. Faced a scare of bone cancer when I was 12. Told I would lose my leg just above my knee. Still have both my legs but death is always there peaking around your shoulder and you can't escape it.
  • oliv2065
    oliv2065 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Well my breast cancer awareness butterfly and the heart with my daughter's name it are self explanatory. I got my lotus flower when I started the masters program to represent everything I had overcome. My 13 is to remind me I can make it through anything (thats the closest I will get to explaining it on a public forum, and since nobody really cares I figure it will do)
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I have 8 I don't think anyone wants to read the story behind each one, the one in the pic I got in Greece about 6 months ago it's called the Jolly Rodgers it's a Navy thing
  • doingitforjames
    Options
    I've got 3..

1) is a bee on my hip. Was kind of a consolation prize for being told I could never have children. (ended up being a lie!!)
    2) is the Childhood Cancer Ribbon and the words My Hero on the inside of my Right wrist. My 6 year old son was diagnosed with Cancer in Feb last year and so it was a way of letting him know that he is my hero.
    3) The Doctor Who TARDIS on my left leg, with the words, James forever flying with the Doctor. After my son passed away last year I wanted something the represented him and this was perfect. He LOVED Doctor who, and what better way to remember him.

I am planning on getting more.
  • blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    I have 5...really need to get more pics up.

1. Right Hip. 3 hearts within each other - Got it the night I turned 18. Inner heart (pink) represents my immediate family growing up; middle heart (green) represents my family to be (now my kids); outer heart (blue) represents God....each takes care of the other.

2. Right Shoulder. Gecko & butterfly - My son and daughter

3. Left Shoulder. A Hawaiian tribal symbol (I lived there for 4 years). It reminded me of a wave, and water brings me peace. There are four conjii, one on each corner. Strength, Peace, Happiness and Faith. I got this one as my divorce was in the works.

4. Left Hip. Hibiscus with a palm leaf, words that say "Hideaway Hotties" - This one makes me blush, but it's my fun one. I had a good group of friends in HI. We met every Sunday during football season at a bar called the "Hideaway". It was open for families on Sundays and was very family friendly on those days. We'd go back on Fri/Sat nights, or have parties somewhere else. Anyway, since we were all affiliated with the military and leaving the island, we said that everyone had to get branded before leaving. ;)

5. Left Side (armpit to hip). Three hearts with a rose intertwined. The hearts represent my kids and myself. The rose represents life and shows that no matter how many thorns you encounter, there will always be beauty in the end. I got this one a week after my divorce was final.

ya lets see
  • ashesfromfire
    ashesfromfire Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    ff95037b.jpg

I've been told it's hard to read, so incase you can't see it, it says,
    "Do you suppose she's a wildflower?"
    -Alice in wonderland

It's my constant reminder to be vivacious and wild and carefree while still being absolutely beautiful. I suffered from depression for far too many year (my next tattoo will cover my self mutilation scars)

All I want to be is a wild flower
  • GamerGurl729
    GamerGurl729 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have two. They're both faeries.

1. Above my left hip beside my spine. My brother bought it for me when I moved away to college. It symbolizes finally getting free from my parents.

2. On my right calf. She's a pin-up style faerie that I got to remember someone very special to me.

I'll post pictures sometime this week (I hope).
  • arenx
    arenx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Quote on my rib cage that my mom wrote in a poem before she died..
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    I got a Butterfly, black and purple on my left shoulder, a gift to myself for my 47th. You dont want to know what I did for my 37th... hahaha I got married for my 27th.
  • Jongfaith
    Jongfaith Posts: 195
    Options
    I have the chinese symbel for the letter F on my right shoulder blade. Picked it off the wall which said it meant Faith, wich is my middle name from my maternal grandmother who I never met. My Chinese friend Yang said nope its just the letter F... So I guess it is just my middle initial
  • MusicMakinSnaye
    Options
    I have the phrase, "Somewhere Only We Know" across my back. When I get my cash, I have an idea for a full back piece based off that phrase.

My next tat will most likely be this yin/yang idea I have for my shoulders/collarbone area.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    as soon as I can find a new ink man/woman, I am going to get the heart with eternity symbol on the top of my foot. the dirty part. (actually tan, from between my sandle straps. lol )