How common is your NAME

Options

Replies

• clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    555th most popular first name; 105th most popular surname. (in US)
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I can relate to that. I always know when I win a drawing because several people are looking at it with a perplexed look on their face. Thanks mom and dad!

Is it Roisin??? If so it's very common here...
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Being called Emma...or even worse Emma Louise is common as muck.

Luckily I've never met anyone I wasnt related to with the same surname. They are out there - I've checked but mostly in America - dont think there are any others in England :-)

My surname was the first thing I learned to spell - have to say it then spell it immediately or it get spelled completely wrong every time. xx
  • MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    i owuldnt ever post my real name on here, but it was one of the most common names in 1983.
  • missjennifer1966
    missjennifer1966 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My name was the most common female name when I was born, Jennifer.
  • saracatherine89
    saracatherine89 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    My first name is extremely common. I had a class of about 180 graduating at my Catholic HS, and there were 12 Sara(h)s. I was the only one without an H, and the only one with a nickname. My last name is not super common in the USA, but it is apparently the 2nd or 3rd most in my native Poland. Every time I introduce myself to someone, they ask me if I know a friend of theirs with my last name. It is commonly uncommon. Haha
  • maryatpt
    Options
    I do. How more common can you get? Mary. But it is a good name. Parents took all of their kids name from the Bible
  • sh4690
    sh4690 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Quite uncommon (where I am from anyway)

It's Sasha :)

x
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    No other known person in the world has the same first and last name combination as I have.

Apart from you that is.

oops.

fixed.
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    my name is quite common. It's Sue
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,780 Member
    Options
    No known person in the world has the same first and last name combination as I have.

Cool, so YOU are totally off the grid? Awesome, how'd you do it and still be able to do normal things socially like post here?

without going into a lot of detail: worm holes.
  • marlynej
    marlynej Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    as you can see my name is spelled different- pronounced the same as marlene but when people see it written I'm frequently called marilyn.:noway:
  • d_Mode
    d_Mode Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    According to the white pages, there are 21 people listed with my name. 9 in Texas, 8 in California, 2 in Nevada, 1 in Mississippi and 1 in New Mexico. My first name is Italian from the latin family name Aemilius and was the 1,127th most popular name in the U.S. for 2011.

Somehow I don't feel it's all that popular...

My last name is a Spanish variant of the name Tobar and was the 1,661st most popular name in the U.S. for 2011.
  • whatwouldmulderdo
    whatwouldmulderdo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    My first name Danielle is pretty common. My last name is pretty average, I can find people with my last name in most cities. There is an author with my same name. My fiances last name is really uncommon in the US; there are 8 people with it, soon to be 9 with me.
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    I don't see too many people with the name Shanna {SH-Anna]
    Apparently this is difficult for ppl to pronounce :huh: And I can't find my name on things like mugs; Shana, Shawna, Shane....no Shanna....couple places I have found my name

shanna_the_she-devil_4.jpg

Shanna the She-Devil is a fictional jungle adventuress in comic books published by Marvel Comics. Created by writer Carole Seuling and penciler George Tuska, she made her first appearance in Shanna the She-Devil #1 (Dec. 1972) and was ranked 53rd in Comics Buyer's Guide's "100 Sexiest Women in Comics" list

AND

9780380008988.jpg

A pact is sealed in secret behind the foreboding walls of Newgate Prison. In return for a night of unparalleled pleasure, a dashing condemned criminal consents to wed a beautiful heiress, thereby rescuing her with his name from an impending and abhorred arranged union. But in the fading echoes of hollow wedding vows, a solemn promise is broken, as a sensuous free spirit takes flight to a lush Caribbean paradise, abandoning the stranger she married to face the gallows unfulfilled.

But Ruark Beauchamp's destiny is now eternally intertwined with that of the tempestuous, intoxicating Shanna. He will be free . . . and he will find her. For no iron ever forged can imprison his resolute passion. And no hangman's noose will deny Ruark the ecstasy that is rightfully his.

FINALLY....one of my favorites

Shannas_Ballerina_Show_Welcome_to_the_Shanna_Show-119341916325269.jpg

The Shanna Show on Disney hahahaha
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I know when I was a child my name seemed common.

I am not so sure anymore.

And it is pretty easy to guess with my username haha.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I don't know anyone else legally named SoDamnHungry.
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    Since I graduated high school with about 4 other Erins...it's pretty damn common. Plus I know there's at least 5 or so Erins here on MFP.

But I'll say that there are a lot of different spellings, so at least there's that...

As far as my first/last combo? As far as I know, I'm the only one....
  • NyxariaMoon
    NyxariaMoon Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I believe I am the only jenn_a_bean on mfp making my username uncommon, however; my real name -Jennifer is quite common. Jennifer was 10th on the list of popular names the year I was born. Lisa was the most popular.

I think the only reason I wasn't named Lisa is because my mom was a huge Jennifer Jones fan and named me after her....
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    My name - Karen - peaked in popularity about 1960 to the #3 most favored name for girls. It's nowhere near as popular or common for girls born in recent decades.

Everyone I meet with my name or variations of it are in my age group.