Do you lie to your MFP friends about what you eat?

Options

Replies

• urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,323 Member
    Options
    If I am having a really bad day I don't post. (shame prevents me)
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I don't record certain exercise activities. I just figure they make up for anything I mis recorded. Besides my wife won't let me wear the HRM to bed.
  • namluv
    namluv Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    lies don't help - truth will get you where you want to be and tell you for sure why you aren't getting there if you're not.
  • celticgal101
    Options
    Whats the point of lying? The whole idea is for accountability and support! While my food diary might not look as healthy and put together as some, it is honest.
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Every little morsel . Lying doesn't make any sense . You would only be cheating yourself
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I record everything. In the long run you are really only lying to yourself. My MFP friends all share the common goal of changing our old patterns in order to do better. We are not here to judge each other. We are here to give & receive support. There are days I do so excellent & there are days where I stumble. I find more honesty on this site than any other social media site I've encountered.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I record the good and the bad with the expectation to receive honest feedback from MFP friends. There's no point in me being dishonest about what I eat or drink.
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    You can lie to MFP but your body/the scale will know the truth...

I am an honest logger!
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I log everything -- and hope people don't judge me for not eating clean every day.
  • stxfuneral
    Options
    Nope, I am only hurting myself by lying. By being truthful, others can see what I am eating and help to adjust certain things if I am having trouble.
  • SprinklesNSparkles
    Options
    Do you record even the "bad" stuff you eat in your diary for everybody to see? Or pretend it never happened?
    I record everything. That's the only way to know where my trouble spots are.
    Does having "friends" on MFP influence whether or not you tell the whole truth in your diary?
    Other people have nothing to do with my weight loss.I'm only accountable to myself.
  • nikbolok
    nikbolok Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I log what I eat all the time, keep my diary open to my friends. When I don't log, I don't log not because I'm eating poorly, it's because I'm truly crazy busy. I log the next day with what I truly remember. Like a lot of people say, I do it for myself, but I open my diary for accountability to my friends for them to tell me what I'm doing right or wrong. I write food notes if I have to :) this also reminds me WHY I may have eaten the way i did or didn't. If you don't do it for you, you won't be honest with yourself or others.
  • dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    No.
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I record every-single thing and sometimes I don't-I also don't record my coffee-somedays I drink it black, somedays w/sugar free cream and somedays get the yummy flavored (pumkin latte) -but don't put it down-really it's not lieing to my friends-its lieing to myself.
  • nikbolok
    nikbolok Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I don't record certain exercise activities. I just figure they make up for anything I mis recorded. Besides my wife won't let me wear the HRM to bed.
    HEHE! I've always wondered about that type of burn :)-
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Please refer to the 1080 calorie "Cheesy Gordita Box" logged for my dinner last night.

No point in lying *shrug*
  • liketheseaa
    Options
    When I found myself getting defensive or uncomfortable with people looking and/or criticizing what I had eaten for the day I made my diary private. I am working on an unhealthy relationship with food (as a lot of us are) and I find it discourages rather than encourages me to have others comment on whether I ate too much or too little. I absolutely try to log everything I eat, I want the record for myself, but not necessarily everyone else.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I am completely truthful in my food diary b/c I use this site for ME. I would be lying to myself if I lied on any part of here. What's the point of using this site if you aren't using it correctly? :smile:
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Why lie? What good will that do o.O
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Why lie? What good will that do o.O

Calories don't count if you lie about them