Do you lie to your MFP friends about what you eat?

Options
Do you record even the "bad" stuff you eat in your diary for everybody to see? Or pretend it never happened? Does having "friends" on MFP influence whether or not you tell the whole truth in your diary?

Replies

• pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Do you record even the "bad" stuff you eat in your diary for everybody to see? Or pretend it never happened? Does having "friends" on MFP influence whether or not you tell the whole truth in your diary?

I don't lie to my real life friends. What purpose would it serve to lie to imaginary internet friends?
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    i record everything, good or bad
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Hell no! If I don't log everything, I'm just cheating myself! If anyone's particularly worried about how other's viewing their diary will effect their logging, they can make their diary private. If anyone balks, just tell them it's none of their business! :)
  • fattypattybinger
    Options
    I am honest and if I don't think I am accurate I will make a statement about it. I went out for Chinese once and there was no way I could add up the calories so I added like 1500 calories because I just didn't know but I was honest also
  • gadenni34
    gadenni34 Posts: 294 Member
    Options

if it does influence how you record things then you are never going to have success.
    if it helps you think twice before eating something that does not fit into your daily intake then way to go.

Call it what you will but for me some days knowing I am tracking and others can see what I am eating does influence me. in a positive way. I log it all. even the 5 servings of pork skins I ate yesterday. mmmmmm they were good though!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I record it all
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I record everything. When I drink a lot of wine, I record it as wine, not extra calories. Same for fast food, etc. In the long run, I only need to hold myself accountable. They could get on to me, and often should :), which is why I wanted friends.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    What's the point of lying? It defeats the point of the whole thing, doesn't it?
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options

I don't lie to my real life friends. What purpose would it serve to lie to imaginary internet friends?

This!!! Record everything or you're kind of lying to yourself...Besides, who gives a stuff what anyone else thinks of your diary!
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    My MFP friends are here to help provide me with accountability. What purpose would it serve to lie? If I have a bad food day, trust me, they know all about it!
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I am 100% honest. It wouldn't hurt anyone but me to hide calories - what would be the point of logging? I haven't really been bad though since I started. I ate a 350 calorie slice of Baker's Square Custard pie, but it was planned and fit in with my calorie count for the day. And I had Tirimisu another day, but again it fit into my calorie count.

So, I guess the answer is no. I am still way too motivated to cheat. Let's hope I stay that way.
  • MidwestAngel
    MidwestAngel Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    It would be more like lying to myself if I didn't record everything.
  • Laurab2125
    Laurab2125 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Having friends looking at my food diary will sometimes force me to reconsider what I'm about to put in my mouth.

But - if I made the decision to eat it? Then yea - it gets logged. Wouldn't life be grand if the calories wouldn't show up on our hips if we didn't log them here? Since that's not the case ... and since I'm here to lose weight ... if I ate it, then it's logged. Otherwise you're just fooling yourself. Accountability is huge.
  • perfectingpatti
    perfectingpatti Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I don't log for my friends. I log for myself.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    99.9% of the time i record EVERYTHING!
    but... that 0.1% missing was my hot chocolate and biscuits the night my relationship finished, and a rather tasty drink of the alcoholic variety... other than that i honestly believe i have put everything down :)
    i even log my 0 cal tea most of the time :o! i generally fail at clicking on the little glass though, most of the water i drink happens after i finish logging food.... should probably rectify that! :D
    x
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I agree it would be more like lying to myself--if I just wrote down the 'virtuous' stuff, it might brainwash me to forget the nightly bags of Smart Puffs, and then I wouldn't know why I stayed so fat!!!!!!
  • starfish1783
    Options
    Nope. I make myself accountable for the good, the bad, and the waaaayyyyy ugly. In truth, having MFP friends is good because I know I'll get called out if I start screwing around. I love having the support and motivation (aka kick-in-the-butt) i need to stay accountable. :bigsmile:
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i record it all. good, bad and indifferent. i even log stuff like diet sodas and splenda.
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    No, but sometimes I make honest mistakes. I try to "pay back" the next day so I don't owe MFP anything. Being honest is the only way this thing is going to work for us.
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I tell my MFP friends Im an 18 year old hot blond cheerleader to get attention....does that count?