Do you lie to your MFP friends about what you eat?

Options

Replies

• aldousmom
    aldousmom Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Do you record even the "bad" stuff you eat in your diary for everybody to see? Or pretend it never happened? Does having "friends" on MFP influence whether or not you tell the whole truth in your diary?

lol, what purpose would that serve? ridiculous. I do have day when I don't track what I eat, but it's not dependent on the quality or quantity of food. It's more dependent on internet access. Like, this weekend I didn't track what I ate. Know why? B/c on Saturday I was running on a dirt trail in the middle of nowhere, drove home right after, re-packed and got on the road for an overnight trip for a half-marathon out of time, where I forgot my phone charger. So, um yeah. I burned 093o9843598475983 calories, and didn't track my food. I'm cool with that.
  • yourenotmine
    yourenotmine Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I've recently closed my diary, because I often won't log things that I don't want others to see.
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I record everything, it not only records what I eat but I can use it in the future to see what works well and what doesnt . My diary is private and ultimatley I would only be cheating myself if I didnt record everything honestly.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Plain and simple NO. What's the point? If I eat it I log it. Good, Bad or just Stupid foods all go in the mix. Granted there are times when I go out to a buffet I really can't even guess at the calories so I just add on a few hundred more just to be safe. If that makes any sense.
  • mstifb
    mstifb Posts: 230
    Options
    What you see is what you get. I add everything, although I might forget a piece of gum every now and then because I chew gum so much. But basically it's 99.9% accurate. It's a log for me to calculate how many calories or not I've used, not to win a popularity contest. I honestly like accepting positive feedback and/or suggestions, but in the long run doesn't care what people think of my diary. Remember, this is a tool to help YOU, and if you don't log, then it's not as useful to you. Just my two cents. :flowerforyou:
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    If I ate something I'm embarrassed about, I created a recipe called "You don't wanna know. Trust me." That way at least I have record of all the NI, and nobody has to know I caved on the half price muffins and ate half of them.
  • kmuree
    kmuree Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    If I lie to them, I lie to myself and I don't get results. I do hide my diary if I'm having a particularly off few weeks, though. It isn't that I'm ashamed, it's just that I'm self-aware of my lack of success in the nutrition department and don't need to be told by someone else that I'm failing.
  • rebelontherun
    rebelontherun Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    If I have a really bad day as far as my food goes, I still try to log it, but I feel like there's some judgement there as well
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,008 Member
    Options
    I log it all. I might reconsider eating something because I dont want to log it, but if it goes in my mouth it goes in my diary . If my diary is perfect but I keep gaining my friends would know I was lying anyway but more important it wouldnt help me

also when I am struggling I go back through my diary to see where I can improve or what I was eating when I was losing alot per week. So the diary is here to help me see what works for me
  • emyjeter
    emyjeter Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have blocked my diary because I was ashamed. However, I have realized that is just self defeating. I came on here for support and accountability. It's tough some days though.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Nope...It would be a lie to myself. I do this for me...and know one else!
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Do you record even the "bad" stuff you eat in your diary for everybody to see? Or pretend it never happened? Does having "friends" on MFP influence whether or not you tell the whole truth in your diary?

I record ever single thing that goes into my mouth except air... well, and my husband :wink:

I literally laughed out loud!!!! :drinker:
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I don't like to MFP that would be lying to myself and hurt me in the long term!
  • PayneAS
    PayneAS Posts: 669 Member
    Options

I record everything, good or bad, unless I'm in a hurry and forget later. The latter doesn't happen often. Then I even sometimes announce it in my news feed that I had a crappy day. Lie in your diary and you're only cheating yourself. Those extra calories do add up and if you don't, you'll be wondering down the road wth you are gaining instead of losing. Having friends does not influence what I log or don't log. Those people that do might as well just make their diary private.
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    No. I’ve thought about it, but in the end it really doesn’t matter. I’m 100% honest. Though some days I do forget to put things down.
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I log everything except water (and even then sparkling water does get logged as Buxton Beer when I drink it instead of the real stuff). I'd be lying to myself, not my friends, if I didn't log everything. Occasionally one does forget something but it gets put on the next day's dairy *polishes halo*
  • Momma_Grizz
    Momma_Grizz Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I enter everything. If I bite it, I own it. Otherwise, what's the point?
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Everything is pretty much there. I may forget something now and then. But, I try to stay as accurate as possible.
  • AnneC77
    AnneC77 Posts: 284
    Options
    I record all of my calories. Sometimes I use quick add, mainly because my diary is for me. I know what I ate and I know where I messed up and to me that is all that matters. I had a friend who deleted me cause I ate take aways and so that made me a little paranoid about logging those, but after I stopped caring what people thought and realised I am doing this for me and my way then that changed. I think it is wrong that friends here make you feel bad about what you eat, at the end of the day you are doing this for yourself and every person is different. Every follows their own plan and as long as they are consistently losing, then noone should be made to feel bad about what they choose to eat! But yeah I had a bad day and logged the 600 calories over. :/
  • ktaylor1188
    ktaylor1188 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    all that is doing is lying to yourself...it has no benefit what so ever. also, if ur friends on here don't help you through those bad moments then they aren't good friends to have. you are here to better yourself not to pretend and continue to "hide" your bad habits. no one is perfect, we all slip up. what is important is that we are trying our hardest.