Do you lie to your MFP friends about what you eat?

Options

Replies

• Nefetete
    Nefetete Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I log everything no matter how bad my day was. I added MFP friends to keep me accountable and still remain supportive at the same time.  So log everything, what's the point of lying. 
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I log everything. The diary is for my own benefit to see what Im stuffing down my gullet everyday, I keep it open so that friends can give me tips or recipe share. I kept it closed on my first attempt and failed. Ive since discovered I need my friends to be able to call me out on bad choices!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    My MFP friends are here to help provide me with accountability. What purpose would it serve to lie? If I have a bad food day, trust me, they know all about it!

Definitely this :laugh:
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i record it all. good, bad and indifferent. i even log stuff like diet sodas and splenda.

Have you tried the liquid splenda?? I just got the EZ Sweetz and it is AWESOME!!!!!

No. I didnt know about it. Will have to check it out.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Do you record even the "bad" stuff you eat in your diary for everybody to see? Or pretend it never happened?
    On days that I log, yes, I am as acurate as possible. I often don't log on the weekends though and that's when I'm most likely to splurge.
    Does having "friends" on MFP influence whether or not you tell the whole truth in your diary?
    No. My diary is open so anyone, friend or not, can look at it if they want.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Do you record even the "bad" stuff you eat in your diary for everybody to see? Or pretend it never happened? Does having "friends" on MFP influence whether or not you tell the whole truth in your diary?

What would be the point of lying? Just to be the "cool cat" on MFP? No thanks. I am cool enough IRL. :smokin:

I log everything. Again, why wouldn't I?

Maybe some people are on here to be cool and popular or whatever, but I am here for me. I appreciate the support and motivation of my MFP friends, and some of them I have grown quite fond of, but I'm not here to make them think highly of me.
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I record all my bad stuff. Its funny to see the reactions of my friends when I cheat.
  • swolegirlcb
    Options
    i record everything, good or bad

same
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    If I did that I would be lying to myself, not to anyone else.

I log absolutely everything.
  • MaryRegs
    MaryRegs Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    No point in lying...only lying to yourself...I log it all...booze and pie included
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    I don't log for my friends. I log for myself.

^^^ this
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I don't lie as a general life principle. Lying on MFP would be ridiculous.
  • NicLiving
    NicLiving Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Do you record even the "bad" stuff you eat in your diary for everybody to see? Or pretend it never happened? Does having "friends" on MFP influence whether or not you tell the whole truth in your diary?

Yes, if I bite it I write {log} it. At the end of the day I'm the only one that has to be accountable for my actions.
    Besides, I don't really believe that mfp friends are that petty to critique my food diary anyway.
  • sarahisme18
    sarahisme18 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I think having friends on MFP motivates me to be MORE honest than I would be otherwise. It is helpful to know that there are people looking at your diary who can keep you accountable.
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    No lying... I may skip logging, but any completed entry is true.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I try to be accountable for everything I eat, otherwise there is just no point. If I have a bad day, and eat that donut, I will add it to my diary, admit in my status that I went overboard, and make a promise to them, and most of all to myself, that the rest of the week will be good!!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    I would not, because to do so would be to lie to myself. It all goes here: the good, the bad, and the very, very ugly. Even the days I go 1000 over my limit for the day, in it goes. Otherwise, why the hell am I here??
  • MaryinBflo
    MaryinBflo Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    that would be ridiculous you would only be cheating yourself. most of your MFP friends probably don't even look at your diary. If you have a bad day and some one sees it SO WHAT!!! We are not perfect that is why we are alll here!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options

I record ever single thing that goes into my mouth except air... well, and my husband :wink:
  • happythermia
    Options
    My diary is private.
    I don't talk about how many calories I'm allowed or anything else like that. I eat what I eat (which I'm sure a lot of people would probably think is total crap) and I'm still losing, so whatevs