Do you lie to your MFP friends about what you eat?

Options

Replies

• lady_jessi
    lady_jessi Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't lie on the big stuff, but if I eat one of my kids' animal crackers or take a bite of their peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I don't log that stuff. How do you log in one bite of sandwich? Anyway, I intentionally leave my calorie estimate a little low for that reason. I'm maintaining now so I must have been doing something right. lol
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I log my food for me, not for them. So, no reason to lie. We all slip here and there. No biggie. Actually, since I hit my GW and am maintaining now, I think it's important to help provide an example as much as possible to my friends that are working so hard to hit their GW.
  • Deedsie
    Deedsie Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I record everything and because I eat out a lot that means I guess sometimes but I try to guess high. I have quick added because I was too lazy to add like 15 things in my salad, so I do the math and quick add.

I have been called out on what I eat but more often than not it is because I came in too low not because I ate that Sheridan's Chocolate Concrete with Strawberries. I think it is a good thing that my friends care enough about me to look at what I eat and comment on it. I don't take it personally. It's just another layer of accountability.
  • keenesmom
    keenesmom Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Everything! I even logged a piece of sugar free gum I chewed! Might be overkill but it keeps me accountable to myself which is the most important person seeing my food diary.
  • thekyleo
    thekyleo Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I record everything, because if I lie to my friends, then I'm lying to myself
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    No, if anything I overestimate portions.
  • dawn2313
    dawn2313 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Nope. Although I love getting feedback from everyone and letting them all know how yummy my day was, my diary is for me to keep track of everything and to stay on track. Sometimes I'll have the best, healthiest day ever- and I'll log it. Sometimes I'll have a ****ty day and drink too much wine, and eat too much icecream- I'll log that too ;) (that doesn't happen very often, though. lol)
  • chera05
    chera05 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sometimes... I also consider it lying to myself. I try my hardest to log everything, including the bad stuff. Sometimes after I have completed my food diary for the day..I may eat something else and not long it. I usually keep account of it in my head though. Usually I over estimate my calories anyway so I will work out harder.
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    No. Why would I bother lying? If I eat badly, I usually just don't log at all, as it's usually some restaurant dish that I have no idea how to log - I know what I've eaten, and I'll be careful both before and after eating badly, why would I want to add a carefully constructed web of lies on top of that? I'm a busy man!
  • Marc713
    Marc713 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I log everything, sometimes I don't. It doesn't really have to do with what I eat, but rather how busy I am, as I am taking 11 hours of school, and work full time, have a fairly long commute, and my workout plan has me working out every day, although 2 days of it are just 30 minutes of cardio. I also work long days every other week...and have social obligations....so if I'm out enjoying wine with friends, I'm there, present in the moment, not logging on MFP. Sometimes I'll complete the logs later/next day if I remember what I had, but otherwise I don't obsess about it.
  • t2kburl
    t2kburl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    If you are not logging everything, why are you here?
    That is the whole point of this site
  • chera05
    chera05 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing:( my son is such a picky eater so when he does eat his finger foods...my husband and I do.
  • Cindygutie
    Cindygutie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I record everything... because I like to budget what I eat. Everything, even if its just a bite. All those little bites add up.
  • _danjo_
    _danjo_ Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    My food diary is not for my interwebz friendz. It is for me. Why would I lie to myself?
  • MoniMoni2u
    MoniMoni2u Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to use my food diary and exercise diaries and come up with reliable information about my past and use it in analysis against my weight loss. Lying would make analysis completely skewed. I'm watching things like sodium intake and for various food alergies.

The tools are here to help me and will only do so if I'm completely honest.
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I record everything...what would be the point.
    on 2 bad days ,I just skipped looging though...sooo ashamed LOL
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I record everything I eat....lieing to my MFP friends also means lieing to myself and doing that won't get me anywhere
  • Lrdoflamancha
    Lrdoflamancha Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I would not be lying to them I would be lying to me....and that i refuse to do.
  • SheilaN1976
    SheilaN1976 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i record everything i eat and drink good or bad......i cant hold myself accountable if i dont!!
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I agree with the majority of folks here (I didn't read every post). I believe that your diary is for YOUR benefit. If you hit a plateau and want to go back through your diary for clues as to what you were changing up, or doing differently, when you were NOT at a plateau, you wouldn't have all the information.

Do it for you. If your friends ride you about your choices you can either ignore them, take their advice, or lock your diary. Whatever works best for you.

It does help to keep you a little more centered though if you know people ARE going to look at your diary. You might skip that 7th piece of Halloween candy! (maybe!)