Harsh opinions wanted!!!

Options

Replies

• HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Not everyone is hitting on you. Some people are just nice. Don't flatter yourself.

As Roseanna Roseanna Danna Said..... "Nevermind"
  • Growtinymusclesgrow
    Growtinymusclesgrow Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Wait! Stop! Hold the presses! Are you actually telling me that when you go out to the club that men actually want to take you home? Nooooo, I can't believe it! AND they want to take even the "not as perfect as you" girls home too? Noooo...that is just mind boggling! This certainly didn't sound like someone who was attempting to be grounded and humble. It seems as this is a "I am compliment searching" post to me...
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    oooh ooh ooh i think i figured it out!.......they want to take you home - not to have sex with you, but to see that glorious bathroom mirror that you take your pictures in front of.
  • sizzle92
    sizzle92 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Ok I go away for the weekend and come back to some crazy drama about fake accounts and now THIS is the first thread I choose to read. SMH.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    so many people are mean...ugh....most people's perception of themselves is not congruent with how others see them, and i think she was looking at ways to improve herself because she knows she isn't perfect.
  • sizzle92
    Options
    Ok so help me undertand OP. You say you truly don't feel it is because you are attractive and you want to be the whole package. Soooo....I think it is obvious that when people try to "take you home" it is more than likely in that scenario it is physical attraction. So what are you worried about? Your attitude? Please try to explain.
  • GhostPack
    GhostPack Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I really have no idea what this thread is about.
    :indifferent: Me too. I came in here to give a harsh opinion. Now I'm all like WT??? :grumble:
  • klacount77
    klacount77 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Seriously? Would you like some cheese with that wine? "I'm so gorgeous that everybody wants to take me home! But even ugly fat girls get taken home. How can I be sure he'll respect me in the morning!!??"

You can't. Go home, ride the bologna pony and wait for him to call you. Or you can call him. Ain't brain science.

Awesome! You're my hero.
  • genefabes
    genefabes Posts: 132
    Options
    whatever you decide in life, let contraceptives be involved.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble understanding what motivated you to make this post and what it is exactly you want. Are you asking for people to insult you in some way?
  • Shange_Gully
    Options
    Dumb thread
  • sizzle92
    Options
    I have decided if I give a harsh opinion I will get another strike and it's simply not worth it. Thank goodness I am not PMS-ing.

OP, you are pretty. How's that?
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I've noticed that since I've lost weight, I can't go out without anyone trying to take me home. Now, I have mixed feelings about this and it's not limited to guys. My.girlfriends also try (I'm not offended and actually flattered). My ordeal is that I don't truly believe that it's because I'm attractive. I've met beautiful girls who are overweight who get attention and, have friends worth awesome bodiesv and terrible faces and bad attitudes. All of whom get hit on. I want to be the total package so I would greatly appreciate any critism to ground me and give me something to work toward. I'm being conscious about who I am and trying not to become a *kitten* while I lose weight like I've seen do many times before. I want to ground myself and start humble.

Okay. So I don't even know where to start here. I would never make comments of this nature under normal circumstances. But you did just throw a slow pitch over home plate, so naturally I feel inclined to swing at it.

I don't know what your intent was with this topic, other than to hear people tell you you're hot and wonderful and whatever. This isn't going to be that response. My response would be that you need to quit trying to feed your self esteem from the opinions of others. Otherwise, life is going to suck when you're forty and nobody's interested in feeding your shallow ego. Looks are only gonna get you so far in life. When those are gone, you'd better have something to back it up. Based on the arrogance of the comments above, I don't believe you currently do. So you might want to work on this in your free time instead of hanging out at bars where darn near anyone could get picked up if the hour is late enough and the guys are desperate enough.

And if you're worried about becoming one of those *kitten* while you lose weight, I'd suggest running your posts past an honest friend (preferably an overweight one) before you put them on MFP. Because you really are coming off as an incredibly shallow, narcisistic person with zero self esteem looking for someone to tell you how pretty you are.

Honestly? I'd rather be me fat than you skinny. And that's my harsh opinion.
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I have decided if I give a harsh opinion I will get another strike and it's simply not worth it. Thank goodness I am not PMS-ing.

OP, you are pretty. How's that?

Wait. What's a strike? Can I get kicked off here for telling the painful truth? Crap, nobody told me about that...:sad:
  • sizzle92
    Options
    My strike was for saying what I did to my now husband on our first date. Sooooooo I think the strikes can be a variety of things. :laugh:

But they frown upon being mean too. :tongue:
  • sizzle92
    Options
    And if you're worried about becoming one of those *kitten* while you lose weight, I'd suggest running your posts past an honest friend (preferably an overweight one) before you put them on MFP. Because you really are coming off as an incredibly shallow, narcisistic person with zero self esteem looking for someone to tell you how pretty you are.

Honestly? I'd rather be me fat than you skinny. And that's my harsh opinion................................................................................................

She asked for it, love.
  • alarae
    alarae Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I don't think it has anything to do with the way you look. Maybe it's that you are more confident. A lot of guys like confidence in a girl for a relationship, but if they're just wanting to get in your pants they look for the most emotionally vulnerable woman they can find. Just don't go around thinking you are better than everyone else and everything should be fine.

This I agree with totally!
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I get hit on so much I can't even be bothered to answer text msgs or inbox msgs anymore. And i"m standoffish in person b/c I'm a lil shy in person. It gets really really old. As for staying grounded, I don't see myself the way everyone else sees me. I still see the obese kid I once was. So I guess that keeps me "grounded" lol. My golden rule is that I NEVER EVER forget where I came from!
  • naples89
    naples89 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    This entire thread is a really transparent plea for attention. Hows that for harsh
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm so cursed. Everyone wants to take me home. I'm need a harsh opinion to ground me. Really? How about you sound vapid, shallow and narcissistic. Someone needs a reality check.

ding ding....winner winner chicken dinner.