to whoever thought up burpees....

Options

Replies

• wiebec1
    Options
    I LOVE Burpees!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWVw00zgYhg

I will be trying this sometime next summer!
  • Caitlinhappymeal
    Caitlinhappymeal Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I love them. I'm unique quite clearly!
  • karynspeace
    Options
    after starting Insanity, I can relate. Only I am much more outspoken. It's more of.... F*** I hate these damn things.
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    skinnybitchbarbie27 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    We do these in Kickboxing. The routine is 4 uppercuts (while shifting the feet forward) punch, punch, punch, punch, burpee, burpee, 4 uppercuts (moving backwards) repeat. FKING MURDER, however I love it :)
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I hate them. I can never get into the plank from the squat correctly. I have really long legs and a short torso, and it just usually ends up making me look foolish.

P.S. It's definitely not a back strength issue. I was deadlifting 185 pre-baby.
  • theaimster30
    theaimster30 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    OMG! Until just now, I thought Burpees was a seriously ill-named restaurant. Am I the only one??
  • tweetybaby69
    tweetybaby69 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I hate you

I second that!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    I :heart: Burpees!
  • MissFit0101
    MissFit0101 Posts: 2,382
    Options
    OMG! Until just now, I thought Burpees was a seriously ill-named restaurant. Am I the only one??

LOL I almost spit out my coffee!
  • jessica_120214
    jessica_120214 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I hate you

Couldn't agree more!!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ImKindOfABigDeal40
    ImKindOfABigDeal40 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    They deserve to be junk punched junk_punch.jpg
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I hate you

die in a fire.

For seven years I screamed Id never do one. I walked in circles for 5 minutes yesterday refusing to surrender. But I learned the how. And now I hate them enough to know that Im probably going to try to get really good at them just because I hate them so much.
  • Allie_71
    Allie_71 Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Manmakers. :sick:
  • RellaBelle
    RellaBelle Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    They deserve to be junk punched junk_punch.jpg

LMAO! Awesome and yes I agree... the person who came up with suicides also should be junk punched.
  • jfrankic
    jfrankic Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Word! They are called Suicide Jumps in Insanity, for good reason! They really are awesome though. The kind of move you love to hate. It is pure power!
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I have a love hate relationship with burpees. If you want a killer workout try doing tabata burpees.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmuSgwCNSgE

Ahh no thank you. It hurt just watching that one. YIkes!!
  • alexroet
    alexroet Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Burpees are not the same as squat thrust. You start standing, then drop down, then do a squat thrust, then jump back up. So they're like squat thrusts+
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who saw the topic and thought you were mad at the Burpee seed company for some reason? Now it makes more sense. :blushing:
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Oh, but I love burpees and mountain climbers! If I'm gonna work out, I want to do moves that make me work. You should try 6-count and 8-count burpees...

I read a quote somewhere that said "If it doesn't feel hard, it isn't." Hard is what gets us results! If we could get fit doing easy moves, everyone would be fit.

I say "thank you" to whomever thought up burpees and mountain climbers and plank moves!