Options

Replies

• alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    nope
  • mandydoll
    Options
    maybe lipgloss but that's it, once i work out i go pretty hard and makeup just stains my towel/clothes.
  • dominikaro
    Options
    Yes. I workout in the afternoon so I have my makeup on anyhow, and it would be just waste of time and energy to wash it off. I don't wear strong makeup anyhow.

My workout clothes also need to be nice, otherwise the only thing I can focus on is that I look ugly.
  • violetpayne
    Options
    NeVeR.... I always take it off before for a few reasons
    a) I came here to wurk!! I don't care what anyone thinks - if you're looking at me all dressed up like a frickin princess - yea i'm sweating like a moo foo while you're bobbing around in your pink tights flicking that perfect mane.. im getting my burn on, you enjoy your posing sweetheart!
    b)sweat + make up = a face like the surface of the moon... You will become crater-woman! With eyes like a death panda... So Bad for your skin..
    c)I love the transformation post gym - from sweat troll to fit girl..
    d) did I mention I don't care what anyone thinks of me... In real life i'm pretty shy, but this is the one place I Dont Care! As soon as i'm locked in I'm focusing on me and results.... the gym is the one place to enjoy being a little self-absorbed!

x
  • PinkHurricane88
    PinkHurricane88 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    If I already have on makeup then I take off the skin makeup such as my powder and such, and I usually let my eye makeup stay on. I don't wear heavy makeup anyway but if I go to the gym without makeup I'm not freaking out. I'm not there to look good, I'm there to work my butt off. Whether I am wearing makeup or not my face gets red and I am sweaty, makeup doesn't make red and sweaty look any better lol.
  • Lunnunis
    Lunnunis Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Never really been a make up sort of woman and only wear a little powder for shine and maybe some lipstick at work. Since I wear glasses eye makeup would be pretty hard to see anyway.

I've noticed one or two ladies who leave after their gym or aerobics session still with perfect hair and make up - I can't help thinking they're not really pushing themselves since I end up with sodden hair and a nice red face every time. I'm not thin enough yet for cute gym clothes but I think they'd look a little ridiculous on someone my age in any case.
    It's nice now I've lost the first 25% of my excess weight to look in the gym mirror and see the improvement in the body. The face can wait till later.
  • scarletgenesis
    Options
    Nope. Unless I happen to have been wearing it for work or something. I sweat it all off anyway so don't see the point. But whatever gets you to the gym and working out.
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    If I go after work I have make up on. If I go in the morning no I don't.
    I have actual work out pants/colorful sports bra, and normally a black tank top...that is my outfit every time.

I've went in baggy shirts and I feel the shirt gets in my way. Sweatpants, go up my butt during squats and such, very uncomfortable LOL

IF people have a problem with my matching outfit they can kiss my butt : )
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    If it's already on, I don't take it off.
  • sin485
    sin485 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    only the necessities...eyeliner mascara and a bit of lip gloss :P
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I do wear makeup but only if I am going straight after work during the week. On the weekends I don't care. I actually met my BF at the gym on a non makeup date!
  • ejwme
    ejwme Posts: 318
    Options
    I became so much happier when I accepted that I am not a makeup kind of gal. I pitched it all except for a lipstick (which is exactly the same shade as my lips, but it feels nice), and a eyeliner/smudger that I like sometimes... I have no intention of replacing them when they're gone (or when they go bad, likely the latter). So I wear none, basically ever. Wedding day I had a little eye liner on and some lipstick, but even that got wiped off pretty early.

My sister wears mascara and shadow on her brows, but they're invisible otherwise and she really does look... interesting without. I adore her, and think she's gorgeous all the time, but can't fault her for wanting to look like she has eye lashes. A friend has a similar problem, so wears just a touch, enough to feel like she's normal looking.

I used to hate when people showed up in full pancake paint (the smell alone is off-putting), but then realized not everybody has time to take it off, and some people really need it for work or whatever reason, and the way they look has nothing to do with me. I just try not to stare, and do my thing. Probably the same way they feel about my bare, sweaty, flushed face ;)
  • miss_believer
    Options
    Nope. I hit the gym before work and I wouldn't put on makeup just to go to the gym. My face would feel gross and clogged. To each her own though. Whatever makes you comfortable.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    No because typically I go to the gym before I'm showered and "made up".

When I was going to the gym mid-afternoon where I worked I never bothered to wash my makeup on before I went but I don't purposely make myself up just to go. I think (for me) the raccoon eyed look is negative sexy.
  • greypilgrimess
    greypilgrimess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Nope. Except a little colour on my eyebrows which look almost non-existant without it. And my face looks odd without eyebrows :laugh:
  • jjlibunao
    Options
    If I'm coming straight from work, then yes it will be on my face. I don't wear foundation - so it's eye make only. And I agree with some of the other ladies, I like to wear cute workout clothes too. Even when I run races, I like things to match, look put together. I know, hella girly. But that's what I feel good in.
  • MGiardini71884
    MGiardini71884 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I do but I don't put it on to go to the gym. I usually go before work and I'm bad and don't wash my face before bed so I basically just have mascara on then lol. Or if I go later in the day or after work I'll have makeup on just because I put it on earlier. I don't really care what I look like at the gym. I'm there to sweat and look disgusting, lol
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Hell no. I sweat way too much to wear makeup.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    No most days I dont Im a sahm so Im like who cares what I look like most days havent really had time for myself in sometime.In fact most of the time only days I do our if my husband and I go out on a date.Which is seldom with two little girls 19 months apart. So no and whats the piont your going to sweat anyway.
  • medeamama
    medeamama Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I never leave the house without it! But just a little bit because ::ew:: when i sweat and wipe my face off, I don't want crud on my towel. Just a little mascara and eyeliner, thank you very much! I will flush and look good from that LOL!