Am I the only one who hasn't read 50 Shades?

Options

Replies

• Krissi921
    Krissi921 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My reading time these days is so limited anyhow, I really don't want to waste it on a trash book like that. I've heard enough about it to know it's not for me.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I think it's just marketing hype. No one I know has read it.
  • Jongfaith
    Jongfaith Posts: 195
    Options
    Oh come on it was not the worst book ever... Storyline was predictable and at times boring but how else would you ever realize you were entirely Vanilla.... and wanted to keep it that way! lol

I love books and will read anything though! I will never reread it though I am happy to have that little glimpse into adult fantasy that I never wish to experience.
  • katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Options
    I haven't read it, nor Twilight :noway: Sacrifice me now, but truly and honestly I believe vampires should burn in sunlight, not sparkle and glitter. Just my opinion.

Agreed. I refused to watch Twilight until my cable for shut off and I already borrowed all of my neighbor's other movies.
  • stinkpurty
    Options
    I wish I had been as smart as you. A friend who was reading them before me told me they weren't as kinky and hot as people had been saying, but failed to warn me about the horrible writing and repetition. I was in the middle of the first book (like a true sucker I bought all three at once) I found out it was Twilight fan fiction. Any chance of arousal was removed. I am supposed to picturing Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart as Christian and Ana...I don't think so.
  • Deborahericka
    Options
    Cant get into it!:sick:
  • nuffexercise2012
    Options
    haven't read it and no plans to either
  • katamus
    Options
    I wish I had been as smart as you. A friend who was reading them before me told me they weren't as kinky and hot as people had been saying, but failed to warn me about the horrible writing and repetition. I was in the middle of the first book (like a true sucker I bought all three at once) I found out it was Twilight fan fiction. Any chance of arousal was removed. I am supposed to picturing Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart as Christian and Ana...I don't think so.

Some friend, huh? Lol.

I'm sorry for your loss. :(
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Not I! Poorly written smut isn't my cup of tea.
  • Starbuck2020
    Starbuck2020 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It sounds dumb, although I did enjoy the sookie stackhouse series.

Yes! I only have the first book but I have followed True Blood.
    stick with the show. The books ruined it for me :-/

book 1 is almost exactly like season 1. After that they become 2 different things. It is fun to watch a totally different take on everything while watching the show. The books are still good, but shouldn't be compared to the show.
  • Owsla135
    Owsla135 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'd rather step on my own nuts.

I'd like to see you attempt that. Lol.

Is this a private showing or can anyone watch? lol
  • katamus
    Options
    I'd rather step on my own nuts.

I'd like to see you attempt that. Lol.

Is this a private showing or can anyone watch? lol

This could be profitable..
  • stinkpurty
    Options

Some friend, huh? Lol.

I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Haha...yeah. She redeems herself, though. We were discussing the books in front of her husband. He mentioned that a couple of his co-workers mentioned that their wives had been so turned on by those books. She replied, "I know those *****es. They're prudes. Of course, they were turned on by that crap." He just shrugged his shoulders and winked at her. (She and her husband are rather adventurous. But he probably doesn't know that I know that.)
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    I had a couple other books waiting to be read when the "phenomenon" hit.

Glad I stuck with them, because I've heard the writing is crap.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I haven't read it, nor Twilight :noway:
    I made myself read Twilight because my teenaged daughter and niece were reading them. I barely got through the first book.
    And then I read one of the True Blood books because a coworker lent it to me, saying "If you didn't like Twilight, try this one! You'll like it much better!"
    No more for me, please. I'll go back to reading my non-fiction.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    never read it.
  • S1NN3R
    S1NN3R Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Doesn't everyone just skip over all the boring, poorly written parts and skip right to the secks anyway? =P

For the record I have not read it and I am not really interested either.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I have zero interest in reading this book. Ever. Even if it was the last book on earth. Just on principle.
  • Sarah_Wins
    Sarah_Wins Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    The writing is so bad, I couldn't even skim through it without laughing my *kitten* off.
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    WHATEVER on the twilight series...you girls don't know what gets another girl going...