Marathon Newbies Group week three!!!

Options

Replies

• princesspurple
    Options
    I am on the mend-I woke up yesterday morning with horrible knee pain at 1:30am! I ended up going to the couch at 3:30am. I iced it at work and took ibuprophen, the pain went away but still feels a little funny. Taking a few days off to not injure it anymore! I have no clue what happened, but the pain was so intense. I couldn't straighten it or bend it w/ out using my hand and trying to get up was even hard!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing this week?

I am enjoying my low mileage week and getting ready to ramp it up again next week. I hit my weight loss goal this week so that has made my week also.

CONGRATS on hitting your goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    How is everyone doing this week?

I am enjoying my low mileage week and getting ready to ramp it up again next week. I hit my weight loss goal this week so that has made my week also.

CONGRATS on hitting your goal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. I see you are down another pound too. That is awesome.
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    I am on the mend-I woke up yesterday morning with horrible knee pain at 1:30am! I ended up going to the couch at 3:30am. I iced it at work and took ibuprophen, the pain went away but still feels a little funny. Taking a few days off to not injure it anymore! I have no clue what happened, but the pain was so intense. I couldn't straighten it or bend it w/ out using my hand and trying to get up was even hard!

Those types of things are just annoying because you don't know what you did so trying to fix it is tough. I up for a speedy recovery for you.
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    I think I posted here forever ago, but have been slacking -kind of like my running with the 5ish feet of snow on the ground. Oy. As my signature says, I'm training for half marathons in May and October and my first full in November. Eeep. Hoping to venture outside tomorrow depending on the ice and such, but if not I will make use of my new gym membership and hit the treadmill. Got to do something. If there's something good to say about my slacking, at least I should be rested. :laugh:
  • itsbella
    itsbella Posts: 1,101
    Options
    Hi Satellite! Hi Chrissy!!!

I remember when I was THINKING of running a half!! This week I ran 12 miles! I never thought I would do something like this!! Here I am training just like the rest of you!! I am so very proud! I don't care if I run/walk crawl...miles completed are miles completed!!!
  • princesspurple
    Options
    Chenoachem ....thank you! I took 3 days off and did a 3 mile run yesterday and a 7 mile run this morning w/ hills! It felt great to get out. I am unusure what was up w/ the knee, but it seems fine:)
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    I am so very proud! I don't care if I run/walk crawl...miles completed are miles completed!!!

I agree. Great job. it is an accomplishment to be proud of.

This week is another 14 miles after a rest week. I am 3 weeks from my 5K race and next week I had in a 4th day of running.

Happy running all!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I accomplished a double digit run this weekend....10 miles for a total of 20 last week!

This weeks goal is 20 miles with my long run being 11 miles...10 was tough!

Everybody just Keep running!!!!!!!! My husband reminded me that not so long ago I was so excited to have finished C25K and that was only 3 miles...it made me feel great to see what I've done since then!
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    I accomplished a double digit run this weekend....10 miles for a total of 20 last week!

Everybody just Keep running!!!!!!!! My husband reminded me that not so long ago I was so excited to have finished C25K and that was only 3 miles...it made me feel great to see what I've done since then!

You are doing awesome. Also, I see you reached your weightloss goal. Congrats. :flowerforyou:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

Congrats Chrissy...that's awesome!
  • itsbella
    Options
    Chrissy, do you eat all of your exercised calories? Yesterday I ate 1650 out of 2100. Should I be eating more than that?
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Chrissy, do you eat all of your exercised calories? Yesterday I ate 1650 out of 2100. Should I be eating more than that?

Bella - I typically do eat most of my exercise calories...I didn't yesterday but believe me I ate plenty the day before! I try to be sure I never go below 1200 as my net (net being total of what I ate less what I burned in exercise)--not always there but I try. If I go below that I really don't feel good and I can't stay at that either. I need the fuel!
  • AmyDoesIt
    Options
    Wow, I'm glad to find this post today- I'd love to join you ladies! I'm a pretty newbie runner. Ran a few 5k's last fall and want to run the 1/2 ING here in Atlanta on 3/21. I am pretty nervous about this- am looking for suggestions, tips and support! I ran 11 mi. on the treadmill V-day- felt great but I was quite sore that night and drained the next day. Had to take Monday off- I am at 20 for this week. I was so excited to get outside for my run last night. Looking forward to a beautiful weekend here in GA.
    I've found a lot of useful training tips on this site http://www.halhigdon.com/index.html
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Amydoesit-that's the same 1/2 I am doing - ING in Atlanta!!! It's my first. I did 10 miles Sat - my longest run to date...this weekend will be 11.
  • AmyDoesIt
    Options
    SUPER Chrissy! Are you as nervous as I am, do you live in Atlanta? I actually live in Conyers, 20 mi east of Atl. Looking forward to a great long run tomorrow morning!

Congrats on your 90lb. loss- that is fabulous! I've been using mfp for a little over a year now and still would like to lose another 10-15 lbs.
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I've found those "last 10 are killer" but i am trying for another last 10!

I don't like in Atlanta - it's actually about 3.5 hours from me but that's the half I chose - hoping for a little better weather than March in W NC can bring.

We should at least meet up at the run and say hi!!!
  • AmyDoesIt
    Options
    Chrissy-

Yes... I've been working on these last 10 lbs. for MONTHS! I started my Lent off with Clean Eating- I'm hoping this will help with my endurance for running too. We'll see how it goes. Doing Jillian's DVD's for stregnth training a couple times a week too.

Great I do hope the weather is nice- I'd love to meet up at the race - closer to the date- we'll come up with a plan. Till then... happy running and let's keep motivated!
  • itsbella
    Options
    Crissy, thanks!

Amy, I'm doing a half on April 25! my first race ever! I'm a bit anxious and excited! I'm also doing halhigdon's training method.

Happy running!
  • AmyDoesIt
    Options
    Good Morning to all!

Just wondering if anyone is having issues with recovering from their long runs? They seem to wipe me out the next day. Does anyone have advice- could it be diet? For the most part, I eat healthy (mostly clean eater). My long run days - I seem to be hungry all day and TIRED! Ran 10 miles outside (YAY!) Saturday morning felt good but was exhausted yesterday-

Got new shoes this weekend- decided to go back to BPRC where they fit you for the right shoe. Ended up with a pair of Brooks(never tried before) and went up 1/2 size from my usual. Looking forward to testing them out this week. Also picked up some body glide as I'm having trouble with blister in the arch of my foot. Hope this helps-

Bella- Good for you- I wish you all the best. The information on Hal's site seems pretty sound so far. I skipped several weeks as I was running already but I'm on schedule for race day only 4 wks away!