Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    10250650.jpg
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I should mention, it's feeling impossible because I can't AFFORD healthy food. I can't AFFORD a gym pass. All I can do walk, I can't run because I don't have a proper bra, which I need. I can't afford one. Don't even have runners. All the food I have is salty and bad...

I'm calling BS on not being able to afford "healthy" food. Some of the healthiest choices (rice, beans, chicken, eggs) are the cheapest food available, period. They take some preparation time and your diet can become a little boring and repetitive but it's healthy.
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    You are the only one who can make that call.:ohwell:
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Good, give up and come back in 6 months with 100 pounds to lose. Eating like a 'cow' one or 2 days is not going to ruin anything, neither is posting topics like this on the forums.

Losing weight is not easy, and you don't always keep motivation but dig deep, pull up your big girl panties and just do it. If you really want to do it you will, if not you wont.
  • rrrbecca11
    Options
    I've lost 40 pounds by walking. No gym. No weights. Just walking. You don't need money to lose weight.

There are lots of cheap, healthy foods. You just have to be conscious of sales and pick and choose wisely. Many people in this thread had great suggestions for groceries. My favorite is to buy a bag of raw chicken breasts, a couple boxes of brown rice, and frozen veggies. That's enough to feed both of us for a week, and the total cost is about $7 if we shop sales and use coupons. Anything you can make in a crock pot is good too because you can freeze the leftovers.

atta girl!!

Yep, what she said. Additionally, whining does not burn calories. Get out there!
  • sheribrasington
    Options
    Look how far you have come and look how far you will be if you just hang in there. We all have days we want to eat something we are not suppose to have, It does the body good, jump back on the wagon girl. I have given up so many times in the past then I would hate myself and think of where I would have been if I would have stuck to it. You got this. Two days is nothing!
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Ate like a cow today, second day in a row...Losing motivation.

I honestlyjmight just give up on the whole weight loss thing and admit I will be fat forever.
    Sounds like you've chalked it up already. So what exactly are you looking for here then? There are hundreds of people on this site willing to help anyone who asks as much as they can, but if you've already given up there's nothing anyone on the internet can do for you.

Now if you have a specific question about something health or fitness-related, I'm sure someone would be happy to answer it.

Best of luck.
  • vanneto
    Options
    Physically and mentally, almost everyone can have their ideal weight.

Practically though, not everyone is cut out for the job at hand. Whatever BS you may have heard, we are not created equal - maybe this is just too hard for you and maybe you'll never make it. Such is life... You have to deal with it and move on. If you cant be thin, enjoy your fatness.

As long as you enjoy yourself, its OK.
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    You are a wuss. Just get your a** and workout.

You have a defeatist attitude. Nobody said it would be easy.

read or watch Forls over Knives.

If I can drop over 50 lbs in 7 months anyone can!
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    You either want to do it, or you don't. You either will, or you won't. Whatever happens, it is YOUR decision and only you are responsible. Many have done it before you, so it IS possible.

This. Sorry you feel like you want to give up, but you either want to lose weight or you don't. If you really want it, you'll make it happen. Sure, it requires sacrifice, commitment and willpower. But, that's life.
    I've lose 45lbs since December 2011. I'm not at my goal yet. I have good days and bad days - like everyone else. But I will get there. Because I want to.
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Understanding this is a lifestyle change should help you know that two days will not ruin anything. Make modifications for the next week to offset what you did for the past two days...or brush it off all together and readjust!

Slow and steady wins the race.
  • destinee1103
    destinee1103 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Well said :)

Okay my love first things first...stop making excuses! You don't need an expensive gym pass or over priced 'healthy' foods. Walking for 60 minus a day at a pace that makes you breathless but you can still talk can burn up to and over 700 calories.

Gym memberships are over rated. Want to lift weights..get a couple cans of soup. Want to use the elliptical..go up and down two or the same steps for 15 minutes. Want a treadmill..go outside and walk.

As for the not being able to afford healthy foods..that is bull. I feed my family of three very healthy well balanced meals on a budget of $200 a month. It all comes down to wise spending. Instead of fresh veggies go with frozen..same for meats. Store brand is just as good as name brand but a whole lot cheaper.

If you can't afford a good bra, wrap them girls up tight in an ace bandage. Make yourself a workout jar. Each time you workout for at least an hour drop a dollar in it. If you do it every day for a month..get a good bra. Same for shoes.
    Workout shoes don't have to be expensive but have to be comfortable.

Until you stop feeling sorry for yourself, and quit making excuses, this will be hard.

I love to help people any way I can. Feel free to friend me. Also check it my pages for a little help.

http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/MommyWeighLess?ref=stream&__user=663949770

Mommyweighless.Blogspot.com

Liz
    [/quote]
  • shierrarobin
    Options
    You can do it. I'm a dirt poor college student. I only get paid once a month and I can't even afford to buy new clothes for myself, but I've still dropped 42 lbs. You can do it and you will do it if you really want to.
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    Listen. We all have our weak moments. It happens. Stop being so hard on yourself.
  • goonas
    goonas Posts: 205
    Options
    If you want something bad enough you can make it happen, a good attitiude is how do I push through this and not this threads title.

If you can't make it happen and its something you can control then you don't want it enough!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Think of it like trying to remodel a house, while you're living in it.

You can't overhaul everything at once. You have to tackle it one room at a time.

It's the same way going from eating whatever you want to "dieting." Especially if you set your goals to 2 pounds a week, where you're probably cutting your calorie intake in half. Start with one pound or a half pound a week to get started.

Make a small change you can stick with, and stick with it. Make it something simple, like eating a healthy breakfast. Do that for two weeks, then switch to eating a healthy breakfast and a healthy lunch. Start small with exercise, too, like going for a walk. Use an app like Runkeeper to track your distance and time, and try to increase your pace and distance next week.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    If that's what you tell yourself, then that's what will happen. Suck it up, put on your big girl panties and don't make excuses. You CAN do this if you stick with it.
  • acpgranberg
    acpgranberg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Just google Fitness Blender. There are lots of free workouts on there that use just your body weight. Yes they are hard but they will get easier. I spent two years going up and down 5lbs every week until I got my butt in gear and started using this sight. You can wean yourself off junk food but only you can believe in you. What's the alternative? Hating the mirror and every picture taken. Not an option.
  • fruitismyfoe
    Options
    Carry bottles of Crystal Light and diet soda everywhere for whenever you get the urge to pig out. Chug that *kitten*! Then you'll be so full you won't be able to think of food.

I have to say that it terrible advice about the diet soda! Diet soda causes sugar cravings and hunger pangs!! I cut out the diet soda and dropped 2 kgs (4.4 lbs) in a few weeks with no other changes to my diet.

And it doesn't count what you did in 2 days, look at the whole weeks, the month and your future!
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Only two days of eating bad and you are ready to give in? Don't! Two days is nothing, you have a lifetime of change ahead, do you want to spend the next TEN years not liking yourself? Take a week, take a day... but just get back on track. Life happens, you will go on vacations and overeat... it's just a fact of life, just start making healthy choices so you can see a difference in the future ;)