Animal Rescuers......

Options

Replies

• hollyk57
    hollyk57 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Sweet idea - I'm in. That's my baby, Benjamin, enjoying a fall hike in the mountains
  • TheViperMan
    TheViperMan Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I love how they're all passed out/curled up with you or whoever is holding them. Definitely cute. :)

All me. :) Cats are like sports cars - I want to collect them all. :)
  • LeighAnna115
    Options
    <
    my best friend Peyton!! She is the sweetest thing in the world. Severely abused before I got her, but still happy and full of love. I actually did a blog post about her

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/LeighAnna115

.. For the animal lovers like me.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    Done. Got this guy at the SPCA. He is the most loving catboy! He goes by Punkin.
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    <<<< White one is Gizmo, adopted from a friend whose cat had kittens. The kitten is Link who was rescued out of the NJ Ikea dumpster!
  • Tracepa98
    Tracepa98 Posts: 219
    Options
    Rescued my kitty as he was abandoned after a family friend's neighbor moved away.

376645_4647867958876_1112277769_n.jpg

Ive named him Loki, he has been with me a month and already spoiled. :happy: :laugh:
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    <~~ My two boys. Gunny (dog) is a Chihuahua rat terrier mix, born in a shelter, never knew life outside. Gryffindor (cat) is a special needs kitty, born missing bones in both his front legs. They are best of friends as this pic will show you. They are my boys and the love of my life!
  • ingalynn
    ingalynn Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! This is my Ko-Ko that we rescued from Akita Rescue of Western New York (now called BEAR). She was picked up in Queens almost 3 years ago on my wedding anniversary! Such a sweet, loving girl :heart: We are so lucky to have her!

We have also adopted a horse and a bird. I am a science teacher for elementary school, and we use live aquatic animals for instruction. As such, last summer I brought home crayfish (which hatched a nice brood, btw) a few goldfish, and a chicken that hatched with a deformed leg (rip, he did not survive) lol!

:drinker: Hurray to all the rescuers out there!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I always wear my mutts as my pic! Wish there was a way to boycott Kelly Ripa, tho. Her insensitive comment about pits just reinforces that stigma. My baby pittie is the best dog EVER!

Ugh, she's ignorant and stupid. I wish she would correct herself for saying something like that.
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Done. And used my "second hand" dogs picture for it too ^_^
  • leiloob
    leiloob Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I love my rescued Pit Bull...Leiloo! She was thrown off an overpass into 6 lanes of traffic and had horrible demondex mange(my guess because she wouldn't fight).We have had her 4 years now. Bless her heart she had surgery 9 days ago for an ear hematoma and is hating wearing the "cone" and taking pills!!!
  • StephTink76
    StephTink76 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Done! :flowerforyou:
  • sche1amy
    sche1amy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Absolutly will :0) I have two Boston Terriers and love them to pieces. My dogs are my babies and spolied to bits. If I could I would rescue every animal that needed a loving home.

I bought Spencer when he was just a pup for my daughter. We decided after 9 months he needed a companion. We called the lady who sold us Spencer and asked if she knew were we could get a companion for him. The lady let us know a friend of hers was selling Spencer's sister. I thought "selling after 9 months" Well we went and met them and Lily

Turns out they couldn't breed Lily becasue she has patella. So they didn't want her anymore. When we met her she was fiesty and I wasn't sure. I then noticed no toys were there for her and the kennel was to small. I grabbed her a took her home. It took Miss Lily a week to know how to play with toys and her brother. She is very loved and has had her knee issues fixed. It was worth every penny spent.

Bless you all for helping animals!
  • melsmith612
    melsmith612 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    <---- Rascal

I rescued my little guy 3 years ago, he's now 4 years old, a chihuahua/rat terrier mix and he was originally found wandering around in a parking lot by a shelter volunteer.
  • nygrl4evr
    nygrl4evr Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    <<<<Our baby Honey, her Mom was pregnant with the litter when she and a bunch of other dogs were taken away from someone who had way too many animals and didn't take care of them at all. Our Honey was born at the rescue so has never known a day of not being loved and spoiled. We brought her home when she was 11 weeks old and she has been the absolutely best dog ever!

We also have another dog named Skittles who was found wandering a local college campus, estimated to be between 6-9 months old at the time, a kitten from a horrible woman who did not neuter her cat and left her outside all the time, the poor thing gave birth in my mother's backyard jungle without us knowing. Mommy and one of the babies were hit by a car and we found the others. We kept one and neighbors took the other 3. Last another kitty from a homeless mommy who a co-worker had taken in when she was pregnant.

We have another rescue in heaven and miss her terribly. Love all of our rescues!!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I love my rescued Pit Bull...Leiloo! She was thrown off an overpass into 6 lanes of traffic and had horrible demondex mange(my guess because she wouldn't fight).We have had her 4 years now. Bless her heart she had surgery 9 days ago for an ear hematoma and is hating wearing the "cone" and taking pills!!!

What the ****?! Did they catch the person who did it? Glad to hear she was able to find a good home and didn't become a statistic!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Can everyone use a cat or dog pic on your profile today to show support for those who do what the can to help abandoned and abused animals. It would be a nice way to show support for what they do. :flowerforyou:
    Ah! So this is why all the furbabies are popping up. lol

I took my profile photo last night and loved it, so I changed it last night. Looks like I was a little psychic. :-)

The big black one is Harry (Harry Potter). He fell out of the ceiling of the loading dock at my old job when he was 2 weeks old and I bottle fed him. He's 23.6 pounds as of his last vet visit. He's 6 1/2.

The little one is Hadley (for Ernest Hemingway's first wife). She's about 4 or 5 months and was one of four in a litter born under my friend's house.
  • jessilee119
    jessilee119 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I think this is a great idea! :-)

(Sorry the picture is zoomed out-I'll try to fix it later)
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    My 2 recused kitties are in my ticker pic below.

We rescued the grey one, who the vet thinks is part Savannah, in January. His name is Sheldon from Big Bang Theory. The other one came home with us at the end of July. His name is Chewie, or Chewbacca, since he's a fuzzball.

As you can see, they can't stand each other (heh).

I have a 'fox' in my profile picture that I rescued from years of poor eating habits and little motivation. :wink:
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    My girl is usually in my profile pic, but I'm happy to comply. The other dog in the canoe in my other pics is our current foster girl, looking for a home.