Animal Rescuers......

Options

Replies

• dexfatpants
    dexfatpants Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this!!!!! I work with animals, so this is my heart!! My picture is of "Pumpkin" the newest lost pup I have found. I found her 10-10-12. Working with rescue organizations now to get her into a foster home.
    Both my dog & cat are rescues as well :)

Big thanks to everyone who does what they can!! You ARE greatly appreciated!
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I love my rescued Pit Bull...Leiloo! She was thrown off an overpass into 6 lanes of traffic and had horrible demondex mange(my guess because she wouldn't fight).We have had her 4 years now. Bless her heart she had surgery 9 days ago for an ear hematoma and is hating wearing the "cone" and taking pills!!!

OMG! that is horrible. she's adorable too. if they didn't catch the person/people who did that God have mercy on their soul. i'll never understand why people do such horrible horrible things to such beautiful wonderful caring animals.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    My girl is usually in my profile pic, but I'm happy to comply. The other dog in the canoe in my other pics is our current foster girl, looking for a home.

Oh, and you can read about her here: http://www.trdrescue.org/
    Her name is Freya.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    JeffGunner.jpg
    Gunner - Adopted from a local home
    Maria.jpg
    Maria - Adopted from a local shelter
    Tinny.jpg
    Tynwald - literally rescued from the neighborhood where someone dumped him off as a kitten. The. Best. Cat. Ever.

this is precious!!!!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    <- My (formerly feral) foster kittens when I very first brought them inside. My profile pics are full of other photos of our three kitty-boys (all rescues/shelter cats), plus three of my other former fosters.
  • leiloob
    leiloob Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I don't think they ever found them...it was in the 'hood of a major city. Luckily a good samaritian got her off the road!!! And we found her through the petfinder website.
  • erica79
    erica79 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    <-- these are my two babies. Pixie is the smaller one. We rescued her from a kill shelter in CT 2 months ago. She is pocket pit and if fully grown at 35 lbs. The larger dog is my Rocket Launcher. He is a mastiff/lab mix/pit (we think). He always has a ball or bone in his mouth..and he likes to shake his butt :smile:
  • c3jaam
    c3jaam Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Not too good with posting pictures. My 1st rescue was a Rottweiler in 1999. She passed 5 years ago. Now have a rescue that is Rottweiler/Newfoundland. And my marble cat (calico/tiger) is a rescue.
    I volunteer for the local humane society doing community events. (can't work with the animals, I want to take them all home with me)
    I do transports which is helping dogs/cats get from kill shelters to rescues or puppy mills to rescues.
    I help the rescue I got my last dog from in any way I can. (dog handler for events, transporting)
    May be a foster for a couple of days next week for the 1st time.
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have the world famous Elwood (one of the winners of World's Ugliest Dogs Contest) on my profile and he's a rescue of sorts. His original owner was going to have him euthanized because of his looks but luckily his new mom came into the picture and loves him to pieces~ funny I think he's adorable too!!!! My pup was adopted from SPCA and one of my hedgehogs is a rescue. I'm all about giving animals a second chance at a wonderful life!! :heart: :heart:
  • Elizabeethan
    Elizabeethan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yep ... this is my bichon-poo rescue, Max! Max has been with our family for 7 years. PLEASE everyone, rescue animals. Avoid those puppy mills.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    Just changed mine. This is Dolly. She turned me into a foster failure! She came from a shelter in Greenville, SC where she was about to be pts. Her owner committed suicide, and she was found wandering with 2 other dogs five days later. The other dogs were adopted. I was told she was hard to adopt because of her weight (she was 10 lbs overweight), but I don't believe that. She loves everyone! Her mission in life is to lick my face, and every time I walk in the door she acts like she thought she'd never see me again. She makes me happy every single day! She was adopted, but she was miserable and kept trying to escape their house, so they returned her to me 3 days later. Apparently she had already adopted me, so I decided to make her a permanent part of our family.
  • waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I volunteer for a husky rescue here in Northern Illinois. My profile pic was taken at an event last year with one of our rescued huskies (since adopted). I have a town house that's not quite big enough for a husky but once I move.....
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    I am trying to bring more awareness to my community's animal shelter. I live in a town outside Dallas/Ft.Worth and am running the 10K Thanksgiving Turkey Trot. I know you don't live in my city, but if I can generate enough "likes" it may prompt the local businesses to donate to a great cause. Thank you for your time.
    www.facebook.com/runkennyrun

Plugging this For kenny7734
  • Mel2626
    Mel2626 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    JeffGunner.jpg
    Gunner - Adopted from a local home
    Maria.jpg
    Maria - Adopted from a local shelter
    Tinny.jpg
    Tynwald - literally rescued from the neighborhood where someone dumped him off as a kitten. The. Best. Cat. Ever.

Love love love the snuggle pix!!!!!!
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    This is Sydney she was rescued from a shelter as a puppy. Born in a farmers field. She is ten now. They told us she was an australian cattle dog and lab mix but that was just a guess.
  • MelAb8709
    MelAb8709 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    <----

This is my sweet Grace. I rescued her about 4 years ago. She's the love of my life.
  • TreeHugger2013
    TreeHugger2013 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Done and done - this is Riddle ... he is our newest rescue and we couldn't be happier with him. ^_^
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    This is my dog Sidney. She's 5 yrs old and she's a pit/rhodesian ridgeback mix. My husband got her from a guy he used to work with who only had her for a week and didn't want her anymore. When we got her, she was covered in fleas and ticks, puking up hotdogs and had the runs. She is an irreplacable dog who acts like a person and is very affectionate. She is the biggest sweetheart and is amazing with our 4 1/2 yr old daughter. We will always be rescue dog lovers/owners.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    I don't think they ever found them...it was in the 'hood of a major city. Luckily a good samaritian got her off the road!!! And we found her through the petfinder website.

Petfinder's message boards got me into rescue! She looks very happy. She's a lucky girl. :smile:
  • redredy9
    redredy9 Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    Sure can!

<<< this is the picture that was posted of my girl on petfinder.com. She was so skinny! She's now at a healthier weight and is a total love-bug-snuggle-machine! I LOVE her! She has enriched my life in so many ways. I always say that she rescued me & not the other way around!