Animal Rescuers......

Options

Replies

• JMFresh
    JMFresh Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    reposting because I misquoted the quote in my orginal post and the "edit" button is gone! Anyway... take 2:

I rescued Simon (profile pic) when he was 10 weeks old in 1998. Had to put him down in June - pancreatitis, bone marrow cancer, hepatitis, and anemia. Hardest decision of my life. I miss him - Every. Single. Day. At the time he passed I had another cat at home, Miles who was rescued in 2007. And just 2 months ago, adopted Otis.

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Mine was born in a no-kill shelter and we adopted her at 4 months old. She had been in her cage most of her life (I think she was fostered out for a little bit), so the first thing she did when we got her home was run up and down the hallway for a solid 30 minutes. It made me sad and happy.

You made me tear up.:sad:
  • TaishaMcGee
    Options
    These are my two rescue dogs, Sonny Chiba and Oscar. Oscar was bought from a breeder and then horribly abused and neglected by his original owners. I took him from them and he never looked back. Sonny Chiba was on death row at the Humane Society when a no-kill rescue saved his life. We adopted him from them and it makes me cry right now thinking about how he could have been murdered for no reason other than he was taking up space.

We also have 3 guinea pigs, four fish, and a Russian tortoise, ALL rescue animals. In the past I've adopted a crayfish, hamsters, parakeets, mice, gerbils, hermit crabs, snails...there's no excuse for buying a pet from a breeder or a pet store when so many different kinds of animals need homes. There's simply no excuse.
  • joanthemom8
    joanthemom8 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    This is my dog Ginger - I changed my profile picture to this a few weeks ago - we adopted her from the Humane Society and we LOVE her so much!
  • IrishMc
    IrishMc Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    <<<<<Bella (aka Bean). She was 4 when I brought her home from the pound and has been with us 7 years. Before Bella, there was Sky (aka Tubbydog), a 4 yr old Aussie-Border Collie mix who I found/found me in the pound in Rapid City when I was traveling around the country. He was with me for 11 years and I still miss him to this day.
  • Tennessee2019
    Tennessee2019 Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    <<<< This is our rescue dog. The humane society found him under a tractor & he was NOT white then. They said he was a shepard/husky mix, but the vet says that there he is 100% husky. Whatever he is, we love him - so it really doesn't matter.
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    How about my rescue HORSE? Here she is, our sweet Japayla.

My daughter and I are doing a 5-1/2 mile trail run race this weekend with proceeds going to local animal shelter. I am also bringing dog food to donate to the shelter. :smile:
  • snowbirdy
    snowbirdy Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    1e9k6f.jpg

I just rescued this pup... she was abandoned at only a couple weeks old with a parasite. The breeder basically threw her away! She is healthy now and a great little pup with my boys!

She is the prettiest little pitty!!!!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    1e9k6f.jpg

I just rescued this pup... she was abandoned at only a couple weeks old with a parasite. The breeder basically threw her away! She is healthy now and a great little pup with my boys!

I almost can't stand how cute she is!
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    <<< Both of my girls are rescues. I <3 them so much.
  • ravenlaramie
    ravenlaramie Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Can everyone use a cat or dog pic on your profile today to show support for those who do what the can to help abandoned and abused animals. It would be a nice way to show support for what they do. :flowerforyou:

I absolutely love animals and have rescued a lot in my life. Therefore, I will be more than happy to do as requested.
  • moreORless50
    moreORless50 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    my little chubby cat Mittens she so cute when she being nice u need protective cloths when shes moody but i love her
  • berfy
    berfy Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    My pic is always a kitty, and yes, he was a rescue :) (all my kitties were)
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My pic is always a kitty, and yes, he was a rescue :) (all my kitties were)

Excuse me but that is one sexay kitay. My poor white kitty Skye keeps asking me to go back to this page. Sheesh:smokin:

:laugh:
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    While I do have cats and dogs I have a picture of my bunnies up because they were rescues too.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Okiedokie, here is our adoptee!
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    that's Kaya and Gresley on the left, both rescued from RSPCA 4 years ago. Unfortunately Kaya had to be put to sleep this year as she had untreatable cancer-heart breaking as we had a major breakthrough with her and trusting us only 5 months previously.
    Gresley became very clingy and sad after her death, so we went and rescued Florence too-a little black and white cat!
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Here's some more of Titus, our Am Staff / Lab cross:

Titus-1.jpg

Showing his "Yoda ears".

2A43754D.jpg

Coming home after surgery.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    bump
  • stljam
    stljam Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Here is our rescue when we got him, scared of the entire world...

homeronwb.jpg

He even had his own secure hideout and was quite underweight

homercorner2.jpg

Now he is only scared of a few parts of the world, lol.

He has been to Busch Stadium
    homerattheballpark.jpg
    To the mountains of Colorado
    homerincolorado.jpg
    and is just a lot happier
    homeringrass.jpg