everyone who needs to loose 50 or more pounds

Replies

• BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    weigh in day for me: 228 down 1#
    at least it wasn't +:ohwell:
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    I need to lose 55 lbs. I am struggling. I did it once although it was easier because I had a goal (a dead end relationship that I needed to feel hot to get out of it) and the fact that he made me give up al lof my friends and I became a big loner.

So eating healthy and doing what I wanted, when I wanted was no problem of mine.

I have since gotten my friends back and a little bit of a life but still have emotional eating because of work issues. I gained 50 lbs back in less than a year and then 5 lbs, 5 lbs, 5 lbs after that.

I also suffer with Fibromyalgia and sometimes I feel discouraged.

I am trying very hard now to get back on track and be active and to not let temptations bother me.

I want to be one of those people you can "take it or leave it"

good luck to everyone
  • Mairacrg
    Mairacrg Posts: 36 Member
    dulce,
    your story really touch me. I am glad that you left that relationship. I hope that keep that motivation.
  • BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Guys, I am back. I don't know if anyone even noticed I was gone, but I CATAPULTED off the wagon for the last three days!!! I am so disgusted with myself. I feel like I have gained 10 pounds. I am worried that it's too late - that I have already ruined any progress I made, and now I have to start all over again! I haven't logged my foods, or even touched MFP in those three days. Has anyone else done this? I guess I just need some reassurance and support if anyone has some available! :cry:
  • Mairacrg
    Yep yesterday and it all started because of lean cuisine that was nasty. I bought the lean cuisine that I didn't like for dinner. I took a bite and put it in the garbage. Felt disappointed and I was hungry all evening. My little brother invited me to Taco Bell and had the Pizza only half and two supreme tacos this put me over 400 calories. I felt so bad this morning, this all has to do with the nasty lean cuisine. I am going shopping this afternoon for good tasty food though. No matter how much it cost. Just forget about the three days and concentrate on the rest of the week. That is what I am doing too. I hope this helped.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Just wanted to mention - as soon as I lose 5 more pounds I'll have lost a grand total of 100 since I peaked in december 2006. I'm EXCITED!
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Go get it msarro!!:drinker: :bigsmile: "smiley that is clapping!!!"
  • Pamy
    Pamy Posts: 148 Member
    Hi id like to join lol

hi my name is Pamela and i have 71 pounds to lose. I really find this site helpfull i love it. I am a new member too and i weigh in on monday so fingers crossed that i have lost some weight .

Pamela x

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • gabi_ele
    gabi_ele Posts: 460 Member
    I did pretty good so far, fell of the wagon only once but it's only my 3rd week too:bigsmile: I saw quite a few new people on here (or I just haden't seen them on any other threads) so welcome to all:flowerforyou: . To bike chick don't beat yourself up, all that does is make you unhappy and that makes you want to eat.... so you jumped off the wagon, dust yourself off girl and get back on. It's not how often we fall off the wagon it's that we get back up and on it again. Now that said you might want to read the thread from Banks about willpower...
    I am a little concerned about this weekend, the grandkids are comming down and they like all the junk food. I will, however make them exercize with me ( I hope sweatn to the oldies will not permanently damage their mental healt:noway: ) and on monday we are invited to a barbeque .... Oh well I will be as good as I can but if it doesn't work there is always tuesday for getting back on track.
    I wish you all lots of good times:drinker:
  • Hi there everyone I just found this thread I love it,
    great idea I love the idea of people in the same boat banding together.
  • I find it hard to do yoga because i wiegh so much that eventhough i am very flexable it is hard to stand there in the wierd position, my legs hurt.
    I have been working at the exercieing thing for 4 years and i have lost only 50 lbs I have 80 to go. Through this I have been an exercise freek, I've cut out sugar, carbs prservatives and just about all things that taste good, i've done a triathalon.
    I'm hoping that the counting and support onMFP will help.

Way to go Msarro
  • BikeChick
    BikeChick Posts: 121
    Well, after I posted that last bit about launching off the wagon, I did it again. I won't go into the horrible details - I want to save you all the nightmares! So here I am, back where I started. I honestly think I put on 5 pounds, guys. So as for the weigh-in tomorrow, I'm really nervous. Hmpf. :grumble:
    Well, good for you msarro!!! How does that feel? You must be on top of the world! I have a question for ya... how do you deal with... how should I put this? SKIN? You know, the stuff that hangs and droops and sticks around no matter what after you finally start losing the fat that's been occupying it for so long. I hate to think surgery is the only option... but I'm starting to wonder if it might be! I know toning has a lot to do with it, and I definitely work a lot on that.
    Boy, I have missed you guys. After tumbling off for about a week, I even kept away from the boards! I didn't want to get discouraged - or maybe encouraged? (a self-destructive week?). Congrats to you all for sticking with it! A poke and a prod might be in order here. Oh, and check this website out, ladies! I have only explored parts of it, but what I've seen, I love so far!!! Don't let the title throw you. There is a lot to see here, and I think it would be beneficial to those of us while we are working on getting rid of the weight. Remember, life is NOW, not 50 pounds from now!

http://kateharding.net/but-dont-you-realize-fat-is-unhealthy/
  • raincat
    raincat Posts: 3
    ive got 70 pounds to loose i gained tons of wieght when i was pregnant with my daughter she is 8 months not so its about time i loose it lol
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    well. I would like to loose 60 pounds total. I have 2 children, one is going to be 13 in 2 weeks:sad: and the other is 4. I had no problem loosing the weight when i was 21. It came off without even trying. Well, the 2nd time around I gained exactly the same amount and well, almost 5 yrs later, its still here!!! :mad:

My best friend is getting married exactly 1 year from now, I have been asked to be her matron of honor. I refuse to stand up there in front of everyone weighing in at 200 pounds! I am 5 ft 7inches so I dont look like I weight that much but I do feel like I weigh in at that much. I want her to look back on her pictures and see a perfect wedding day including a best friend looking her best for the important day!

I am now facing some medical issues. I have severe GERD. I just had a test yesterday that was supposed to buy me a ticket to surgery to fix this awful disease. Well, it didnt. Now they want more tests and they are horrible. After lots of thought, I am going to go the weightloss route first to see if that makes it all go away.

Well, there is my story. I am motivated and ready to do this. I joined MFP back in March. I love it but I have to say have not been sticking to it. Now is different! I have been forced to face the damage my weight is causing! :ohwell:
  • Amanda4825
    Amanda4825 Posts: 113 Member
    hello everyone! I need to lose over 100 pound and thats just so i weigh 175 unlike alot of people that are going for 115 and 125 my body is NOT built to be that small i am big boned and i would be very funny looking that skinny... when i gratuated high school i weighed 200 but i never looked like what i weighed because i was very active and lifted alot so i had ALOT of muscles which i still do so i weigh pretty much but after i graduated i gained about 50 pounds in three years and now i had a baby so i gained 30 more!! so i feel so horrible about myself i hate to even get dressed and show any skin and i went swim suit shopping yesterday it was sooo horrible:mad: so i really need to do this and its more for myself than anyone. so if anyone has any advice i could really use it .. the hardest part of this diet is i used to always eat before i went to sleep cus it helped me to sleep and i would eat baaddd stuff like pizza subs all that stuff that fills you up and i just started this diet last week and i only did it twice this week and im hoping thats the end of that. so pleaseeee help me if u can!!!:sad:
  • kerridwen
    kerridwen Posts: 165
    I find it hard to do yoga because i wiegh so much that eventhough i am very flexable it is hard to stand there in the wierd position, my legs hurt.
    I have been working at the exercieing thing for 4 years and i have lost only 50 lbs I have 80 to go. Through this I have been an exercise freek, I've cut out sugar, carbs prservatives and just about all things that taste good, i've done a triathalon.
    I'm hoping that the counting and support onMFP will help.

Way to go Msarro

Hey - a good yoga instructor can work with that, there are many variations of the positions and if you have a good enough warm up, it should be strenuous, but no more so than running or another equally challenging activity. You should push till you feel a stretch, and it is hard work. Again, a good instructor makes all the difference, she'll/he'll talk to you about modifications you can make along the way. I started when I was injured and took a few tries to find the right instructor but once I did, it made a world of difference very quickly. It's nice b/c it's so balanced as well, really reduces the danger of knee injuries etc when you're losing weight!

WOW a triathalon! Impressive.
  • Mairacrg
    hello everyone i am sorry I was out for a few days. But I am back I am ready to takle this week good. Specially because. we agree with my mother that each friday we are going out to dinner. So this is going to be my reward for being good, So I need to be extra good. Good luck and remember to send me you weight. I will post them tomorrow afternoon. Monday
  • laureneva
    laureneva Posts: 372 Member
    got room for one more? i bring gifts:flowerforyou:
    and lots of encouragement

i need to lose... however much more my ticker says lol i dont know off the top of my head :blushing:

my current weight is 231lbs
    my starting weight was something higher than that about 256lbs i think
    and my goal weight is around 145lbs or so
  • obdigobin
    obdigobin Posts: 7 Member
    I am brand new to this site, & I sure wish I'd have found you a LONG time ago! Especially b/c I have a family reunion this summer! Well, no time like the present, right? :ohwell:
    I have over 100 lbs to lose, myself! I'm about 5'2" so it SHOWS! I have a friend who had a gastric bypass amost a year ago, & she looks GREAT! I don't want to go that route, but I am jealous. Mind you, I always thought she carried her weight well b/c she's so tall. Darn tall people! (Kidding!) :grumble:
    I would so love for this to be my start towards a new life. I love the site & the possibility. Makes it seem so "easy" & mathematical... you know? I know it's not (easy), but just makes it all make sense. :noway:
    I'm rambling... :blushing:
    I look forward to hearing LOTS of encouragement! haha :smooched:
    We can do it!!! :wink:
  • Mairacrg
    Hello you guys,

Just some advice, when I started I had a plan for my food. I had three meals and snacks thru out the day and still had calories left.I felt great and was loosing weight. Last week, it was so busy with personal and work that I figured I could skip lunch or breakfast sometimes. Wrong, I actually didn't loose any weight. I felt horrible. So if you are on a plan that is working stick with it. But today I am back on tracks. I have all of my meals plan. So good luck to the new people remember e-mail me your weight . maira1rodriguez@gmail.com.