Would it be a deal breaker..

Options
1235»

Replies

• know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Not really. He would have to be supportive of me and my lifestyle, but he could do whatever he want. It's a personal choice and it would not affect me in terms of having a relationship with someone.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    Nope.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Definitely a deal breaker. It's such a big part of my life that I just can't see myself with a guy who isn't the same. Most of the guys I've dated didn't really have healthy lifestyles and I tried to look past it. My current relationship has been the happiest and it has a great deal to do with our lifestyles meshing. Since we are both very into bodybuilding and healthy foods, everything just comes easier. We can go to the gym together and I don't have to worry about my food options when I'm always staying at his place because we eat the same stuff. It's not about the physical appearance as much as it is about just the lifestyle. Besides my bf, all the previous guys were not in good shape and it never bothered me.
  • Gwen7121
    Gwen7121 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    No.

I can only live my life, not hers.

I loved her when she was thin, I loved her when she was not. I loved her when she smoked and I loved her when she quit. I guess if you have questions like this, you have bigger problems than your or your SO's lifestyle. Maybe it would better if you just moved on and looked for someone else.

This. Most definitely this.
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    I think when you are in a relationship with someone... they have to share the same health and fitness goals... because it does help bond you as a couple

if you are not getting support and supporting each other in getting healthy and happy I think it will cause problems in the relationship
  • frogz21
    frogz21 Posts: 314
    Options
    Since. You're only 21 years old why get seriously involved with someone!!! Go out and date other people!!!

Well for one we have a child together and we have been dating for several years. I had my fun and dated other people, but I am satisfied with who I am with right now.
    I get where you're coming from though.
  • Mako_33
    Mako_33 Posts: 42
    Options
    Nope, you dont get a SO based on their lifestyle
  • wildcat808
    wildcat808 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    not a deal breaker but it would make things a little bit difficult. i would prefer to date someone who is into doing active things and eating healthier foods, because it would make it easier for me to keep up my hard work!! =]
  • Impy84
    Impy84 Posts: 430
    Options
    Nope. So long as they weren't pressuring me to do what they do then i'm good.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Not as long as they've made a will (?)
  • mhoward685
    mhoward685 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    This is referring to a significant other. The way I read it a person you are in a committed relationship with. Why would you get into a committed relationship with someone who's values you don't share?
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    NO. She is 9 stone and can eat whatever she likes.
    I've always been "bigboned" (well, not always - I was 4lb at birth but I made up for it)
  • trophywife24
    trophywife24 Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    As far as food, no, it's not.

My husband has a major sweet tooth. I'm happy to make him goodies (I'd rather make them than buy them, at least I know what's in them?) and don't say anything when he gets into them at 11pm. He's an adult that can make his own decisions. If it was flat-out being a glutton and putting his health in danger, than yes, I would speak up out of concern.

However, if he was a lazy slug type, then yes, it would be. We're an active family and spend our time outside and/or doing something. We have our homebody days but I could not deal with someone that just wanted to be at home and sitting around the house all of the time, every day. He went through a phase of that and just about drove me up the damn wall.