Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I have to ask how long has this taken you to lose the weight? How often do you work out and how many calories do you burn in work out? and lastly how many calories do you eat. I am down 36 pounds startes in aug. And I am getting frustrated I am working out hard and just feel like it is never going to come off. And i am going to be fat for the rest of my life. I was at 336 when I started.

You lost 36 lbs since August. That's great weight loss, try not to get frustrated because any faster than that wouldn't be healthy, imo. That's some amazing progress. I've lost 77 of my lbs since March. The other 28 was lost MUCH more slowly before that. Before March I wasn't TRYING to lose weight, just trying to eat healthier. I started @ 326 and only 5' so I can relate to how you feel/felt.

My workout is SUPPOSED to be 45 minutes of swimming (laps) 3 days a week(about 450-500 calories) and 40 minutes of waking (working on increasing speed) for the 3 days a week(about 225-275 calories) with one rest day. I eat back a very small amount of my exercise calories (maybe 100 average) I've really been struggling with keeping up on exercise. I'm not sure why and that needs further exploration into the dark scary recesses of my mind.

I know it sounds cliche but try to enjoy your weight loss journey. If you could snap your fingers and have the weight fall off it would be wonderful BUT you'd likely gain it all back again just as quickly because you never had time to learn how to eat to nourish yourself and not for the reasons that got you to 336lbs. I know that I continue to fight with cravings that are much more in my head than in my stomach/body. I know damn well that cheesie puffs don't hold any nutritional value so it's not some bizarre mineral my body craves.... but my stressed mind keeps screaming for them.

Just take it one pound at a time and learn to love your bodies ability to repair itself from the damage done to it over the years.

You should be so proud of yourself. 36lbs is no small amount and you are doing *amazing*.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    ChefMiller - welcome to our group. You have come to a great place for support. About your queries, lots of us have lost weight at different rates of speed. Learning to use all the facets of MFP is very helpful, but takes a little time of poking around. Being faithful to your food diary is the number one practice we all do. Setting up your macro's so that you are watching your carb intake and restricting it to below 200 is very important in losing weight. Between 150-180 is a sweet spot for losing, let me tell you. If you can control your daily calories PLUS your carbs, and toss in some daily exercise, you've got it made.. then this thread for a daily boost in your spirits is an added benefit.
  • pattynava
    pattynava Posts: 331
    Options
    Hi guys....Still no computer at Home...:explode: person fixing it, went out of town until Monday...so:sad: :grumble: I just wanted to drop in while I am at work:blushing: and say "Hello:flowerforyou: " and I miss you guys..,,,,

@RobinsEgg: Prayers to you ma'am...Hope you start to feel better:flowerforyou:
    @Naceto: I'm so glad you found someone worthy of your great :heart: Best Wishes!
    @Skinny: :flowerforyou: Still an inspiration to me...Glad the scale is moving the "weigh":wink: you've been working so hard for.
    @Toots: I just found Pinterest...and think I might be a junkie:laugh:
    Bee Healthy, Bee Happy, Bee Blessed:heart:
    patty
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    JUST TIME FOR A QUCK POST. VERY BUSY W/WORK AND HAVE MASSAGE APPTMT, NEED TO GO BY BANK. WENT TO WATER AEROBICS THIS MORNING THEN TO BIRTHDAY LUNCHEON FOR THE INSTRUCTOR. SAT ACROSS FROM THE LADY WHO IS SO RUDE & MEAN TO ME. TURNS OUT SHE HAD A MASSIVE STROKE AND HAS UNCONTROLLED ANGER ISSUES THAT SHE HAS A DIFFICULT TIME CONTROLLING. IT IS THE ONLY RESIDUAL OF THE STROKE. SHE SAID SHE IS SO IMPATIENT, THAT IS SOMEONE IS DRIVING TO SLOW SHE WILL BUMP THEM TO MAKE THEM MOVE FASTER. SAYS SHE CAN'THELP IT. GLAD SHE ONLY TAKES HER HOSTILITY OUT ON ME IN THE POOL.

MAKES IT EASIER TO TOLERATE NOW SOMEHOW. WE NEVER KNOW WHAT OTHERS ARE GOING THRU AT TIMES.

HAPPY FRIDAY TO EVERYONE. WILL CHECK IN THE EVENING AND READ POSS
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    @Toots: I just found Pinterest...and think I might be a junkie:laugh:

it's so easy to get addicted lol
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    @morgori -- my ticker pick is mount jefferson
    @mymowmow -- i love your attitude, always!

friday fitness: I've been going for PT for a tweaked knee (just when the heels healed), so not much fitness for me... just the leg exercises, a few minutes on the stationary bike, and hopefully some house cleaning and leaf raking (really need to get caught up on this stuff).
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! Had a long day at work then went to pick up my race packet for tomorrow's 5k. Afterward, I met some friends for cocktails and some appetizers--not too much, just one soft pretzel stick and one chicken lettuce wrap.

I'm not going to do personals tonight, but will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Friday Fitness:
    Had to adjust my plan for the week. Didn't run outside on Wed. after all. Gunner and I are trying out a new route b/c our regular path has some construction going on. Can't handle all of the dust and truck exhaust; plus, Gunner doesn't like all of the noise from the equipment. Anyway, we need to get used to the new route before we can run it--Gunner is just too distracted by all of the new fire hydrants. :laugh: Also skipped my core work last night, so I will complete it tonight before bed.

Exercise plan:
    Mon--walk dog DONE + gym DONE
    Tues--walk dog DONE + core DONE
    Wed--walk dog DONE
    Thurs--walk dog DONE
    Fri--core
    Sat--5k + walk dog + core
    Sun--walk dog + gym or long run outside

Tomorrow is my 5k--crossing my fingers that the possible showers don't decide to fall DURING the race.
  • ohpampered1
    ohpampered1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    JUST TIME FOR A QUCK POST. VERY BUSY W/WORK AND HAVE MASSAGE APPTMT, NEED TO GO BY BANK. WENT TO WATER AEROBICS THIS MORNING THEN TO BIRTHDAY LUNCHEON FOR THE INSTRUCTOR. SAT ACROSS FROM THE LADY WHO IS SO RUDE & MEAN TO ME. TURNS OUT SHE HAD A MASSIVE STROKE AND HAS UNCONTROLLED ANGER ISSUES THAT SHE HAS A DIFFICULT TIME CONTROLLING. IT IS THE ONLY RESIDUAL OF THE STROKE. SHE SAID SHE IS SO IMPATIENT, THAT IS SOMEONE IS DRIVING TO SLOW SHE WILL BUMP THEM TO MAKE THEM MOVE FASTER. SAYS SHE CAN'THELP IT. GLAD SHE ONLY TAKES HER HOSTILITY OUT ON ME IN THE POOL.

MAKES IT EASIER TO TOLERATE NOW SOMEHOW. WE NEVER KNOW WHAT OTHERS ARE GOING THRU AT TIMES.

HAPPY FRIDAY TO EVERYONE. WILL CHECK IN THE EVENING AND READ POSS
    Now that you know about the stroke don't take it personal at all. My mother had a massive stroke at 52, I love her with all of my heart, but she has anger issues too. She take a lot out on me and my family. I have to keep reminding myself, yes this is the woman who played with us as kids and sang, would have us all jump in the car for a great adventure. She was everyone's best friend and funny, and a free spirit. It's so sad to see how she is now, and even worst she has tried to take her own life a few time. I try to let her know how much she is appreciated and loved, it's just not easy. This is one of the reason why I want to loss all this weight, today is my 49th birthday and I do not want to have a stroke and live like that ever.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Happy Birthday, ohpampered! :flowerforyou:

@Morgori~Yep, my ticker pic is Denali. I was there in August - pic doesn't do it justice, absolutely breathtaking!!!

@Karen~Good luck on your run today and have fun!

Yesterday didn't pan out for the gym, a friend from work invited me out for cocktails/dinner at the last minute - went to one of my fave Mexican places, Chuy's. I was going to behave and get a martini but caved on a new margarita they had - blood orange, yum-o!!! :laugh: I did skip the rice/beans and opted for a side salad alongside my enchilada so feel like that was a wiser choice. I did enjoy it though, hadn't been there in ages!!!

Saturday Success~No weight change for me this week (usually happens once/month), but I have lost another 1-1/2" in my hips so that is definitely a success. I'm also running farther and longer, also a success. Need to remind ourselves its not always the number on the scale that matters, its those other little things as well. So I'll mark this as a successful week.

Its lunch out with friends I haven't seen in a while this afternoon, my favorite fish place this time so easier to make healthy choices and I'm headed to the gym for a long workout afterwards.

Have a great Saturday!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,135 Member
    Options
    I've read all the posts and although I'm caught up on reading, I'm not doing well at responding. Sorry.

Tom - I do not have a personalized ticker. Wah:sad: But back there somewhere in the thread I meant to say I also love the show Leverage. I guess I was so excited about talking about Ducky I forgot. :laugh:

Karen - happy race day.

Toots - ha, I'm trying to stay away from Pinterest. I was spending toooooo much time there. (But it is fun.)

Forgot what else I was going to add to our "Personals" section.

I totally missed Friday fitness but it's the same old boring stuff---walking. :blushing:

As far as Saturday success---nothing notable I guess. In fact, perhaps you could call this a non scale defeat? I went shopping with a friend and we eventually ended up looking at clothing. I saw a fall jacket (not an outerwear jacket, just something to wear with a blouse) I was interested in and the woman called me out there in the middle of the store. I wanted to look at a different size and she said something like this---what, have you lost weight or something? If you wear a smaller size, prove it, put on the jacket right here. I was totally mortified. IF I was going to try anything on it would have been in private. And wow, when I think of it. What a buddy right? No more shopping with her unless shopping for clothing is off the table.

Well, with the end of that story of my comeuppance, I'm outta here.

Hope you have much kinder, gentler days. :flowerforyou:

Lin

1482351y1dphi597b.gif
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Saturday success: Well, I lost that 2 pounds I gained last week. Don't feel like celebrating since I've already hit that weight before. :sad: Hope to continue the trend so I can celebrate next week! I feel like this journey has been slow. Since I joined the Fitness Center on Tuesday, I've managed to exercise every day. :happy: They have a pool that has an oval track with a current for walking/swimming, and I have enjoyed that! I was hoping to go on a bike ride today, but it is misting this morning so not good bike riding weather. :grumble: It's supposed to be 75 degrees today, so I'm hoping it will clear up later.

More Saturday success: For those that are trying to quit smoking ~ Monday will be 6 weeks since my daughter quit smoking.:bigsmile: She did it using Chantix and an electronic cigarette. She started smoking when she was 16 or 17 and is now 22 (almost 23), so I'm glad she made this change. She will be so much healthier because of it! She was one who got bronchitis EVERY TIME she got a cold. She says she already can tell a difference in how "crisp" her lungs feel. She used to have a morning cough that produced a lot of "junk," and that cough is now GONE! I am SO PROUD of her for doing this,:flowerforyou: but I know it is probably a daily struggle. ALL of her friends smoke, and that doesn't make it easy I'm sure. She was at least a pack a day smoker, so this is a HUGE accomplishment! I don't think she could have done it without using Chantix. Just remember...you can only do it for YOU. I consider it comparable to losing weight. It can't be done until you decide to make up your mind and do it. I started losing weight when I finally got serious about it, but it can be a struggle! Good luck to us! :drinker:

RE: Pinterest ~ I have TWO pins. I can't quite seem to get into it, though I think it would be a cool thing if I could figure out what I'm doing.
  • lmackbethl
    Options
    Saturday Success -- I changed my goal to one pound per week and managed to stay under calories. I almost always gain over the winter, so even a slight loss over the next few months would be a major victory! Plus, I am making progress on finding a new job. Overall, a successful week!
  • CathEsh
    CathEsh Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success -- I changed my goal to one pound per week and managed to stay under calories. I almost always gain over the winter, so even a slight loss over the next few months would be a major victory! Plus, I am making progress on finding a new job. Overall, a successful week!

I did the same thing! It helped me not get so down on myself when I went over! I feel this is more doable! Last summer I was able to lose 2 pounds a week, but I was exercising A TON! Now that my exercise has slowed down, I am not losing as fast. I, too, just want to keep the scale moving down. Good luck to us!
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    @Tom - I am inspired by your cutting down your smoking. I have had so much trouble in that area. Great work, and keep it going!

@jtconst- I am having some issues with motivation as well. I think I am going to have to change my perspective a bit, with regards to what drives me. Do you have a reward system for yourself?

@Alison- So glad you are able to pull the family on board! It is so much easier when everyone in the house is looking at healthy goals. My son sure tries, but there is the occasional bag of junk food that he sneaks in, which makes it difficult. The bf is very supportive, but doesn't have a real good idea of what is healthy. They are both learning though. :)

@Christine- Sorry you are stuck taking meds. That prednisone is awful stuff, isn't it? I can't stand the way it makes me feel. Keep pushing through and maybe you will need to be on it less and less.

@MyM0wM0w - I LOVE what you said, "Just take it one pound at a time and learn to love your bodies ability to repair itself from the damage done to it over the years." - great advice!

@Pattynava - thank you. It is the first time I have dated a man and felt that I actually deserved the love. I think if I had met him last year, before I started taking care of my health, it wouldn't be the same. When he told me I was beautiful, I wouldn't have believed him. I'm not saying that now, with just a handful of pounds lost, I am more beautiful. BUT now, having changed my relationship with myself... living to my potential... I feel beautiful.

@Skinnyjeanz- Kick some tushy at that 5k!!! We're cheering you on girl!

@Kelley- YAY for the lost inches!!!! Way to go! I absolutely LOVE Mexican food. It is so hard for me to turn down. Lately, I choose ceviche and chips. Though the chips are not the greatest for me, I love the fresh taste of the marinated fish. AND I so would have tried that margarita... sounds tasty!

@Lin - What a horrible thing for your shopping "buddy" to do. I hope you told her to stuff it!

@Cathesh- No matter how many times I gain and lose the same 3 or 4 lbs, I still celebrate every loss! Be proud of those two pounds... AND they may be different pounds... perhaps the 2 you gained was 1 on each arm, and the two you lost was from your tushy? :wink: Every loss is a success. Be proud of yourself!

Regarding Pinterest- I am addicted and absolutely LOVE that site! I do a lot of motivational (and lately lovey dovey) pins. I also find some great recipes that I may never make, but I like the thought. :)

Saturday success - hmmmm my size 16s still fit even though I have made terrible choices this week. That is a good thing! :) Also, I was lacking motivation, and kind of overwhelmed this week, but today I woke up deciding to conquer the world. I need to get back to being the lioness.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!! Go out there and kick some tushy! :drinker:
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    RE: Pinterest ~ I have TWO pins. I can't quite seem to get into it, though I think it would be a cool thing if I could figure out what I'm doing.

i think pintrest is for people who are very visual. people who are fixated on all forms of visual arts. the first time i logged on to pintrest i was on there for like four straight hours just overdosing on all the eye candy. i actually thought, omgosh this is a feast. when i went to bed that night i had images scrolling behind my eyes for like an hour :laugh: i know a lot of people who can't make sense of what the point is.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I have a question --- that is so off topic and so silly. Every year our church has a woodcutter's ball. There is a chili cookoff and last year I won!! It was a fluke but hey I was happy took a trophy home now there is 1 gentleman who was upset i won went on about it for a year now he turn it personel. Silly !!! I guess I am too :( , Normally i start my chili night before but work really late so got up had to go to store etc. So put it on much later it in crockpot trying a new base usually i use V8 now this year put beer in , As I am cooking it in crockpot I need to be there by 3 to help setup. That means it will only cook for 4 1/2 hours before i must leave.

I keep thinking take it out of crockpot put into stockpot cook it that way transfer to crockpot for travel wondering if that would give it that nice blend taste I like? I just blew it by not doing it last night,
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!
    I may not have been posting much, but I've been trying to keep up reading - you are all such an inspiration :flowerforyou:

Not much success to share today - between the accident, vacation, and depression - well my backside has been pretty thoroughly kicked - and the bright red numbers (about 50% of the time) show it. Haven't even been able to do my usual 3 trips to the gym a week, but determined yesterday was the start of being 'back'. Making myself a mini-goal to get my act together by Monday, and get back on track 100%.

Husband is changing the fuel filter on the new (to us) vehicle today, and hoping that takes care of some of the problems with it. After that, I'm thinking a little retail therapy (sale at the Frederick's outlet, and maybe Savers or Goodwill).

Have a great weekend, everyone!
  • linder4866
    linder4866 Posts: 11,135 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone,

I have a question --- that is so off topic and so silly. Every year our church has a woodcutter's ball. There is a chili cookoff and last year I won!! It was a fluke but hey I was happy took a trophy home now there is 1 gentleman who was upset i won went on about it for a year now he turn it personel. Silly !!! I guess I am too :( , Normally i start my chili night before but work really late so got up had to go to store etc. So put it on much later it in crockpot trying a new base usually i use V8 now this year put beer in , As I am cooking it in crockpot I need to be there by 3 to help setup. That means it will only cook for 4 1/2 hours before i must leave.

I keep thinking take it out of crockpot put into stockpot cook it that way transfer to crockpot for travel wondering if that would give it that nice blend taste I like? I just blew it by not doing it last night,

Liz - I'm not a cooking expert but I think the idea to cook it in the stockpot instead of relying totally on the crockpot sounds logical. It needs enough cooking time for flavors to blend.
  • monarchris
    monarchris Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Rainy day today, Praise the Lord! We needed it. Had a bad night last night due to predisone only got 2 1/2 hours of sleep and I am getting tired, headachey and grumpy which I usually am a ray of sunshine:laugh: . I did lose another lb for a total of 59 now. I'm sure I won't see anymore for a couple of weeks til I'm of the steroid. At least the munchies haven't kicked in yet. Saturday success is that I am keeping myself on course even with the steroids. Unlike times in the past, I am not going to give in to the munchies, I will get through this with just water weight gain, not excess food weight!

Praying a great day for all and hope Kelly kicks butt in the 5K.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @christine--Congrats on another lb lost! :drinker: Sorry you aren't sleeping well from your meds. :sick: Good plan to not let the steroids become an excuse to munch out--like you said, you may still gain some water weight, but at least you know that will come off quickly.

@vickie--you've had a lot going on with the accident and replacing the vehicle, but I know you will get back on track if you put your mind to it! :smile:

@liz--sorry I can't be of any help with cooking advice, but good luck with the contest!

@toots, linder, & others discussion Pinterest--it's so funny b/c a friend and I were just talking about it yesterday. She is a big fan and I am one of those who cannot even fathom the point. She was trying to *convince* me of how great it is, but I think toots is right--it's just one of those things that's either appealing or it isn't.

@linder--that *friend* sounds like a piece of work! How utterly rude!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. The sky is crying here, so it will be a good day to get some grading done.

Saturday Success:
    Did my 5k with Brian--we walked a pretty steady pace of about 3 mph--finished in just under an hour. :happy: We had a good time talking as we went and finished it off with a complimentary beer and brat. :drinker: Fortunately, it didn't really start raining until we were walking to our cars, so that was a plus.

Came home and walked/ran a mile with Gunner. As we were leaving the house an elderly neighbor was walking to the mailbox. I don't really know her other than to say "hello"--she saw me and said, "You've lost a lot of weight, young lady!" I smiled and said, "Well, yes I guess I have. Thank you for noticing." She responded, "You are so dedicated. I see you walking and running with your dog all the time." It made me feel good that she noticed my hard work--sometimes it's easy to forget the effort we put into this; especially when the weight loss slows/stops. It was a good reminder that even when the scale stops, we should still be proud of the effort we put into it.

Exercise plan:
    Mon--walk dog DONE + gym DONE
    Tues--walk dog DONE + core DONE
    Wed--walk dog DONE
    Thurs--walk dog DONE
    Fri--core DONE
    Sat--5k DONE + walk dog DONE
    Sun--walk dog + gym or long run outside