Breastfeeding pics - Curious

Options

Replies

• AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I don't see why we are bringing FB drama to MFP. And call me crazy, but it seems like you purposely did that, just to say something about it, and are prolly feeling really silly now that you see most of us don't have a problem with a woman breastfeeding, or posting about it. If you don't like it, don't look at it. If you have an issue with the 'train wreck' effect, your problem, work on your staring problem........
    It's worth noting that the person the OP was complaining about wasn't on her friends list. She was creeping on someone and saw it.

Well, don't be a creeper. I still stand by my point, My kids don't need to be seeing anyone's "private areas" at their age. Whether it's breastfeeding, skanky girls with their boobs hanging out, or a man's *kitten* crack. It's not needed.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options
    Breast feeding is a natural thing. So is pissing and sh*tting.
    Just because it's natural, doesn't mean it should be made public.

I love how all of you have said eating in the bathroom is bad because people are dirty. Do you not understand how idiotic your arguments are? You are all proving my point. I love it!
    proving you are an idiot is all I see!

I apologize for this statement. I have been sick for 4 days and calling those of us that disagreed with you idiotic just set me off. It was not right for me to take things to that level. We should be having a civil discussion. Please accept my apology.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I think if she doesnt mind people staring then fine... But if you are gonna complain because some creeper is starting at your with your breast out. That is where I would have an issue. Dont complain if you are the one with your buisness out for everyone to see.

Ah yes. I'm feeding my baby. Creepers, sexually harass me. I clearly asked for it.

cover up! or try feeding before you leave if you have a husband have him help out there are alternative.. That this is the same reason people "cant find time to workout".. If a guy dropped his pants in the middle of a restraunt would you look? Disgusted or not you would..... it is human nature....

I'm not going to expect women to juggle making sure as much of their breast tissue is covered so as to avoid offending people for using their breasts for what they are designed to. If a man dropped his pants in public for no reason, people probably would look. (Same for a woman.) There's no reason for them to do that. There's a pretty clear reason for a woman to be breastfeeding, and a great deal of her is covered by the baby's head, so you really have to be struggling to look to get offended or aroused.
  • lamoursuffit
    lamoursuffit Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all the men, who I will point out have NEVER BREAST FED, that are sticking up against the men and women that are being complete and total asshats.

Men, when YOU carry the baby for nine months, push it out of your vagina/have your stomach sliced open to deliver it, and are able to produce milk to feed your baby, I will take your opinions against it seriously. Until then, I just have to laugh. :) You are entitled to your opinion, but there is no need to call others lazy or otherwise bash women who chose NOT to feed their baby where others go to take a **** or DIDN'T have the time to pump. That is all :flowerforyou:
  • pants77
    pants77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I think if she doesnt mind people staring then fine... But if you are gonna complain because some creeper is starting at your with your breast out. That is where I would have an issue. Dont complain if you are the one with your buisness out for everyone to see.

Ah yes. I'm feeding my baby. Creepers, sexually harass me. I clearly asked for it.

cover up! or try feeding before you leave if you have a husband have him help out there are alternative.. That this is the same reason people "cant find time to workout".. If a guy dropped his pants in the middle of a restraunt would you look? Disgusted or not you would..... it is human nature....

I'm not going to expect women to juggle making sure as much of their breast tissue is covered so as to avoid offending people for using their breasts for what they are designed to. If a man dropped his pants in public for no reason, people probably would look. (Same for a woman.) There's no reason for them to do that. There's a pretty clear reason for a woman to be breastfeeding, and a great deal of her is covered by the baby's head, so you really have to be struggling to look to get offended or aroused.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but ... so, if a man dropped his pants and used it for what it was "designed" to do, that would be perfectly acceptable?

FTR, I don't have an issue with public breastfeeding but I realize some people do, and you can't really legislate how people will react when it happens. And while I realize women's breasts provide milk to their babies, there are plenty of other things they're good for.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options

Well the breastfeeding woman should have the consideration of other children and people and try and cover up as much as possible. There's many women who don't even try, and just take a boob out and show all before the baby gets right to it.

Feed the baby before you go out, after you get home, in the car if you have to, something... I brought a bottle for my daughters as a "just-in-case" type thing, if we broke down or something. I was unable to breastfeed my girls, if I had been, I wouldn't do it in public.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

Just playing devil's advocate here, but ... so, if a man dropped his pants and used it for what it was "designed" to do, that would be perfectly acceptable?

FTR, I don't have an issue with public breastfeeding but I realize some people do, and you can't really legislate how people will react when it happens. And while I realize women's breasts provide milk to their babies, there are plenty of other things they're good for.

No, for all the reasons I've listed in my other posts. I wouldn't find a woman dropping her pants and doing what it was designed to do acceptable either. Hygiene, necessity, cost/benefit. Not going to reiterate it all again because I really did say it all already.
  • SunshineNicole
    Options
    With my kids, if I had to nurse somewhere that wasn't my home, I would try to sit in a back corner of a room and have a receiving blanket to cover myself up. As modest as I might personally be, I think that breastfeeding is natural and normal and should be universally accepted, without having to cover anything up if the mom doesn't want to.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    Women have breasts to feed baby's end of story!

men have penises that make babies.

Should we show them in public too?

end of story.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

Well the breastfeeding woman should have the consideration of other children and people and try and cover up as much as possible. There's many women who don't even try, and just take a boob out and show all before the baby gets right to it.

Feed the baby before you go out, after you get home, in the car if you have to, something... I brought a bottle for my daughters as a "just-in-case" type thing, if we broke down or something. I was unable to breastfeed my girls, if I had been, I wouldn't do it in public.

I don't find a woman's breast anymore offensive than a man's, and men are allowed to walk around a great deal of places without their shirts and we aren't all horrified, offended, or permanently scarred. In a restaurant that requires a shirt, I wouldn't expect a woman to take off her entire outfit to feed. Then again, I've never seen a woman do that to breastfeed, anywhere.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options

I apologize for this statement. I have been sick for 4 days and calling those of us that disagreed with you idiotic just set me off. It was not right for me to take things to that level. We should be having a civil discussion. Please accept my apology.

I find your apology inauthentic and your motivations questionable.
    You don't strike me at all as the type who desires a civil discussion.
  • pants77
    pants77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

No, for all the reasons I've listed in my other posts. I wouldn't find a woman dropping her pants and doing what it was designed to do acceptable either. Hygiene, necessity, cost/benefit. Not going to reiterate it all again because I really did say it all already.

Sorry if that was already asked and answered, it's a big thread and there's a lot of editing happening.
  • zebisis
    zebisis Posts: 157
    Options
    Expressing milk was a disaster for me, I went back to work when my little one was 11 weeks old and my supply depleted so much I could not feed him naturally anymore. For some expressing milk is not an option. There is also something called nipple confusion. You can google it if you want to know more about it. I really struggled with breastfeeding because I just did not produce enough and I find it sad that there is even a debate about it. It is the most natural thing in the world. I wonder how we ever survived before the invention of bottles and formula.

I dont think the debate is because it is gross... I think more that it is something that could and should be done in private. In the 50's it wasnt acceptable to whip it out in a grocery store. Ladies also stayed home or fed in private then went out to run errands. While I am not offended by someone breastfeeding. I see people compairing restrooms to restraunts. I dont find either of them acceptable. I hope you dont think that washcloth was freshly washed and clean that they just wiped your table down with spreading around all the dirty water and germs it has on it or the guy who is coughing with the flu spreading around everywhere is more clean than the bathroom.

Every situation is different with every baby. Mothers know what they are and should know how to work around them and the time schedule. So why is there an excuse as to why it is ok to be lazy?
    Ladies, do yourself a favor and don't even dignify that with a response.

This.^^^

Most of the "unenlightened" in this thread look like dudes. 0_o
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options

well you can read my prev posts. As well.. I never said it was wrong but in most people and most situations it is laziness. Not taking time to plan ahead. Maybe not every situation but most can be done in private. My original post was also about the women complaining about people looking when they are the ones in public. So tap dance away it is my opinion. I have had 2 kids and I was able to plan thier bottles out BEFORE I did what I wanted or needed to do. Babies have a pretty regular time schedule.

You are very lucky to have babies with regular schedules. I have 8 children and have not had that experience. We are all different. I try to be discreet. I have had children that have no problem allowing me to use a drape or a blanket over them but I have had some that are screaming maniacs if I try a drape. If people stare that is their problem. I also dislike it when people want to bf in public and then complain if someone looks.

This was all I was trying to say. I never said at any point it was unacceptable. I guess I look at things differently and offend people if it didnt come out right over the several posts. I would do anything for my kids at any time they need something. I was always able to time manage my kids for the most part. However the times I wasnt able to I was able to figure out the next possible thing. Dad's cant just breast feed on the spot and it takes a lot of work to plan things out. I wasnt saying it was ok or not ok by any means just dont complain if people look.
    Maybe you didn't mean to say it the way it sounded, but if somebody told my wife she is lazy for breastfeeding, I don't care if it was somebody's grandmother with a walker, she would be wearing it as a headband.
  • mycrazy8splus1
    mycrazy8splus1 Posts: 1,558 Member
    Options

I find your apology inauthentic and your motivations questionable.
    You don't strike me at all as the type who desires a civil discussion.

you are entitled to your opinion.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

Every situation is different with every baby. Mothers know what they are and should know how to work around them and the time schedule. So why is there an excuse as to why it is ok to be lazy?

You don't need to respond to me, because I'm going to put you on ignore, because you and I are not having a meeting of the minds here and I genuinely don't see us reaching one. But all I can think of when you say this is the huge, deep brown circles covering my dear friend's face for weeks after she had her son as she tried to feed and care for him on severe sleep deprivation. You and I have two very different definitions of the word "laziness" and very different understandings of a woman's responsibilities and obligations to the general public. Women aren't in the 50's anymore, and we don't need to stay home until our babies are no longer requiring breastfeeding every two hours. Breasts are made primarily to feed a baby. If they bother you so much, don't look.
  • zebisis
    zebisis Posts: 157
    Options
    Women have breasts to feed baby's end of story!

men have penises that make babies.

Should we show them in public too?

end of story.

This is *so* not the same.

Eating. That is all this is about.

If you can eat in public, so can my baby.

END OF STORY.
  • buzymamagoals
    buzymamagoals Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I will and have posted pictures of my babies eating. That includes breastfeeding, bottle and the messy solids!
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

Sorry if that was already asked and answered, it's a big thread and there's a lot of editing happening.

Definitely understood. Actually, responding to you made me realize I've pretty much said all I've had to say on the subject, so I'm probably out of the debate now anyway. :flowerforyou:

Then reading "a man using his penis for what it was designed to do, end of story" made me realize that I've already talked about cost/benefit and necessity and doing so again is useless, so I'm probably done reading the thread too. :laugh:
  • theologynerd
    theologynerd Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    When women stop posting pics of their boobs hanging out of their shirts because it's "sexy", then maybe we can talk about the nominal amount of skin shown during breastfeeding.