Turkey Bacon?

Options
What the heck is turkey bacon? Bacon comes from pigs. What they should call it is thinly sliced turkey strips. I hate it. It tastes nothing like bacon. If hate when people create things to say its healthier. I would just eat the real stuff more responsibly. Instead of eating real bacon everyday, Ill just eat it every othere day if its not healthy. I hate the creation of turkey bacon.

Mikes daily Rant

Replies

• Perfectdiamonds1
    Perfectdiamonds1 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :laugh: Ok Mike, I do happen to like the stuff. I dont eat it often. :laugh:
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I <3 turkey bacon lol to each their own
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    :laugh: Ok Mike, I do happen to like the stuff. I dont eat it often. :laugh:

Why do we have to ruin bacons reputation with a healthier option. The key to it is just to eat less of it. Bacon is so perfect! We dont need an alternative to something so brilliant. Can I go to a restaraunt and order a TBLT(Turkey Bacon Lettuce Tomato)? NOOOO!! It doesnt exist! Just burns my bacon thinking about Turkey Strips posing as bacon. :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I <3 turkey bacon lol to each their own
    :-) Thats fine but Im just curious why turkey "bacon" versus Real bacon?
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I like pigs. I think they're cute and I refuse to eat any product that involves killing them. So...turkey bacon it is.
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I just hate all bacon, I don't discriminate based on type of animal it come from haha.
  • jgibs12
    jgibs12 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That rant is hilarious. I really enjoy turkey bacon and actually like it better than pig bacon. I have been eating 2 pieces every morning for 3 years!!
  • SoonerVet
    Options
    I bought turkey bacon once to be healthier. It didn't taste as good and it was only 5 calories less per strip. I didn't compare fat though. So although I prefer finding healthy options for most things, I will probably stick with regular bacon as well! (just less of it)
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I like real bacon! And sausage :)
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I like pigs. I think they're cute and I refuse to eat any product that involves killing them. So...turkey bacon it is.

Fine. More for me. I love turkey too but not as artificial bacon.
  • elizabethis
    elizabethis Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I just hate all bacon, I don't discriminate based on type of animal it come from haha.

This. But my meat eating husband actually prefers turkey bacon to regular bacon!
  • jpolk01
    Options
    I am with you! Bacon is one of the most perfect foods, leave it alone! However, my daughter is a pro turkey bacon lover so I must admit I do buy it and enjoy it. But, I agree the name should be turkey strips, not turkey bacon! Nice rant for the day.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options

Pigot!! Sorry I just had to do it. LOL.
  • CALABRESE3
    CALABRESE3 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Its great on a baked potato with a laughing cow cheese wedge:))
  • anial
    anial Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    love bacon tooo ... And not guilty, not. You just proof me that you can it it and keep lose it... ;)))
  • leeanneowens
    leeanneowens Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    What the heck is turkey bacon? Bacon comes from pigs. What they should call it is thinly sliced turkey strips. I hate it. It tastes nothing like bacon. If hate when people create things to say its healthier. I would just eat the real stuff more responsibly. Instead of eating real bacon everyday, Ill just eat it every othere day if its not healthy. I hate the creation of turkey bacon.

Mikes daily Rant

:laugh: I agree. Give me the real deal.
  • diligentjosh
    Options
    You might as well put that bacon on a sandwich bun. i do not even know how they are able to classify it as "bacon." There are plenty of "real bacon" brands that offer less cals, fat, sodium and cholesterol. I eat "real" bacon that has 45 cal, 3.5g fat, 240mg sodium, 5g chol, and 3g protein per slice. Most brands (Bar S) make theirs with double that...

I believe that Bacon is a necessity in moderation. Makes everything better.
  • jyuubi
    jyuubi Posts: 109
    Options
    I like turkey bacon. I eat it over actual bacon. It's call turkey "bacon" because it looks like bacon and it's meant to be a healthier replacement for actual bacon. I love real bacon too, but the calories aren't worth it.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    That rant is hilarious. I really enjoy turkey bacon and actually like it better than pig bacon. I have been eating 2 pieces every morning for 3 years!!

How dare you?! LOL. Why do you like it better just curious?
  • quixoticmantis
    quixoticmantis Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Pigot!! Sorry I just had to do it. LOL.

Muwahahahaha :laugh: