Turkey Bacon?

Options

Replies

• MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I agree. The first time I ever tried it was at my sisters house. She was baking it. It smelled soooo good. Then I took a bite. Couldn't spit it out fast enough.

LOL this is funny.
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    http://eatthis.menshealth.com/node/77586

You will love this OP!!!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I like pigs. I think they're cute and I refuse to eat any product that involves killing them. So...turkey bacon it is.
    I like pigs too. It' s why I eat them ... Love is tuff:happy:

Like in the "Lion King" Circle of Life. *Elton Johns Voice*
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    It's kinda gross when you think that it is already cooked and formed to look like bacon... But, I like it. I also eat real bacon. I do not discriminate when it comes to bacon. MMMM bacon
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I'm Australian and we have NFI what Turkey Bacon is. Agree, bacon is from pigs. Thanks for clarifying!
    No problem lol.
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    LOL, I'll eat turkey bacon, but I too prefer regular bacon any day and just practice eating less of it...I LOVE ME SOME REAL BACON, THANK YOU!!! LOLOL
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Regular bacon is too greasy and salty...gimme a piece of turkey bacon any day of the week.. mmmmm

Give me real bacon with any meal of the day. #TeamBacon
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Cant order turkey bacon on a pizza. HUH?
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I just hate all bacon, I don't discriminate based on type of animal it come from haha.

Pigot!! Sorry I just had to do it. LOL.

LOL thing like this is one of the reasons we're friends

Exactly!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    love bacon tooo ... And not guilty, not. You just proof me that you can it it and keep lose it... ;)))

HUH? Please revise. LOL I dont get it.
    No hurm, just your results on the ticker:wink:

No no no. I just couldnt undertsand what you are trying to say. I hope I didnt offend.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon sucks.

Pig for the win. It's not really THAT bad for you, either. I can easily fit it in my macros.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I like turkey bacon, please it doesn't shrink up as much.

So you prefer texture over taste? Is that what I understand? Or you just hate shrinkage?
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Turkey bacon is just nasty....

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't like the taste or texture of bacon. I like Turkey bacon better (as long as it is not overcooked), but I don't care what they call it.
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    What the heck is turkey bacon? Bacon comes from pigs. What they should call it is thinly sliced turkey strips. I hate it. It tastes nothing like bacon. If hate when people create things to say its healthier. I would just eat the real stuff more responsibly. Instead of eating real bacon everyday, Ill just eat it every othere day if its not healthy. I hate the creation of turkey bacon.

Mikes daily Rant

Hear Hear!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options

Thanks for sharing this. I have always ate center cut oposed to turkey imposter!! I mean turkey "Bacon"
  • HealthierHappierBrenda
    Options
    I tried it once expecting it to taste like bacon, what a tease because it definitely didn't....I'm gonna try it again to see if it's a good alternative? if not, then I'll just proceed to eat bacon in moderation when the urge arrives....darn now I want bacon :/ lol
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    It's kinda gross when you think that it is already cooked and formed to look like bacon... But, I like it. I also eat real bacon. I do not discriminate when it comes to bacon. MMMM bacon

Cool. :drinker:
  • juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    it's processed turkey parts meat, with additives that include sugar. so I don't eat Turkey Bacon, I perfer real turkey meat. As for Bacon perfer real bacon, center cut is best, so is thick cut but either way it's ok to eat a slice of bacon, but the entire package wil make u fat. its up to you....
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I don't eat any bacon anymore now that I am vegetarian, but when I was a meat-eater I looooved bacon (the "real stuff" or turkey bacon). Keep in mind, turkey bacon serves more purposes than just a lower-fat, lower-calorie option. Some people happen to like bacon and can't eat it for religious or other reasons. They eat turkey bacon. Everything serves a purpose. If people don't like it they don't have to buy it.