Turkey Bacon?

Options

Replies

• MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    LOL, I'll eat turkey bacon, but I too prefer regular bacon any day and just practice eating less of it...I LOVE ME SOME REAL BACON, THANK YOU!!! LOLOL

So when you invite me over to breakfast please remember I dont eat that fake turkey stuff.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Turkey bacon sucks.

Pig for the win. It's not really THAT bad for you, either. I can easily fit it in my macros.

True!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    Give me Real bacon or give me death! #QuotesFromMike
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I tried it once expecting it to taste like bacon, what a tease because it definitely didn't....I'm gonna try it again to see if it's a good alternative? if not, then I'll just proceed to eat bacon in moderation when the urge arrives....darn now I want bacon :/ lol

Im heating up my oven now to cook some.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    it's processed turkey parts meat, with additives that include sugar. so I don't eat Turkey Bacon, I perfer real turkey meat. As for Bacon perfer real bacon, center cut is best, so is thick cut but either way it's ok to eat a slice of bacon, but the entire package wil make u fat. its up to you....

Excellent post!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    REAL bacon is all of 80 calories for 2 SLICES.... How can you not fit that in your macros??
  • HealthierHappierBrenda
    Options
    OK, I'll be right over.... ;)
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I don't eat any bacon anymore now that I am vegetarian, but when I was a meat-eater I looooved bacon (the "real stuff" or turkey bacon). Keep in mind, turkey bacon serves more purposes than just a lower-fat, lower-calorie option. Some people happen to like bacon and can't eat it for religious or other reasons. They eat turkey bacon. Everything serves a purpose. If people don't like it they don't have to buy it.

Congrats on becoming a vegetarian. I am really thankful for people like you. You provide a different viewpoint on eating meat. I also thank you for explaining about people not eating it for religious purposes. However, some people just eat it because they were lied to and told that its healthier. Also I am completly aware of the "If you dont like it, dont buy it concept" Im just starting conversation thats all.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    OK, I'll be right over.... ;)

You want toast as well? Oh and how do you like your eggs?
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options

ROFL! Mike, go to sleep...please. It's too late for you to be so turnt up
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    REAL bacon is all of 80 calories for 2 SLICES.... How can you not fit that in your macros??

Eff Macros eat it be happy excercise afterwards! Simple enough?
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options

ROFL! Mike, go to sleep...please. It's too late for you to be so turnt up

LOL Good point it is time for bed but I really had to get this off my chest. Good night.
  • randomtai
    Options

*shrug* I eat bacon everyday and always fit it in lol. I suppose one can work it off as like anything.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    ugh, now i really want bacon. i think i have a tomato and some lettuce too.
  • buzzcockgirl
    buzzcockgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I agree... turkey "bacon" sucks! Bacon is one of THE best foods ever... I know vegetarians that have their one downfall...bacon! I got turkey bacon thinking it was going to be good and was going to be a lot less calories, etc... but it's really not. It doesnt taste at all like bacon, and it's really only about 20-30 cals less per slice than regular bacon. So if I'm making one or two slices to add to a breakfast sandwich... what's an extra 50 cals for the REAL DEAL?!
    I WILL NEVER EAT TURKEY BACON AGAIN!!!! weird pressed, shaped, funky stuff.
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options

*shrug* I eat bacon everyday and always fit it in lol. I suppose one can work it off as like anything.

I cant lie I ate like 7 pieces this morning for breakfast. I was so ashamed I logged it as quick calories!! LOL. But I went to the gym and burned 2200 calories. I guess Ill eat the rest of it in the morning for breakfast. Nothing wakes me up better than a oven baking center cut bacon. Yum!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    ugh, now i really want bacon. i think i have a tomato and some lettuce too.
    Please share!!! Ill bring the bread!
  • randomtai
    Options
    I want bacon now... and it's 11PM.... sigh
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I agree... turkey "bacon" sucks! Bacon is one of THE best foods ever... I know vegetarians that have their one downfall...bacon! I got turkey bacon thinking it was going to be good and was going to be a lot less calories, etc... but it's really not. It doesnt taste at all like bacon, and it's really only about 20-30 cals less per slice than regular bacon. So if I'm making one or two slices to add to a breakfast sandwich... what's an extra 50 cals for the REAL DEAL?!
    I WILL NEVER EAT TURKEY BACON AGAIN!!!! weird pressed, shaped, funky stuff.

Great Post!!I feel the passion in your text. I too hate turkey bacon and agree that it is just a major hurdle in many peoples life. Let get over this hurdle together! Lets take Turkey "Bacon" down!!!
  • MikeDaMotivator
    Options
    I want bacon now... and it's 11PM.... sigh

LOL!!