Girls with large frames progress pics please ?

Options

Replies

• MSmooth747
    MSmooth747 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Kepp it up Ladies
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    5'5" and "stocky" - broad shouldered, curvy hips, big thighs, and football player calves.

I've gone from 275 to 215 (I'm a bit stuck right now) I was at 281 before I started.

I'm still curvy and I'm betting I will always be, but I'm much happier (though I need to reevaluate to hit onderland :) )

I went from a 22 to sitting pretty right now in a 16W (US) dress.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    What an awesome thread. I wish I had read it before I ate that crunchy bar! Still all is not lost lol.....

I'm only 5ft 4 but I think I am fairly big boned. Big hips and 6.5 inch wrists. I'm only about half way through my journey but will look forward to posting my pics on here eventually!
  • Mama_Lyn
    Mama_Lyn Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Bump! Everyone looks amazing- I can't wait to add my big boned progress pics! I've just lost baby weight since my highest at 260- now working on losing actual fat. :)
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    What is considered a large frame?
    Well, it's not an exact science, but here's a quick way to find out...

Wrap your thumb and longest finger (generally your middle finger) on one hand around your other wrist. Be sure to wrap around the smallest part of the wrist....
    - If your thumb and finger overlap, then you are small-framed.
    - If they touch, then you are medium-framed.
    - If they don't touch (have a gap), then you are large-framed.

{There's a good 1/2 inch gap between my fingers when I do this "wrist wrapping" test. I'm definitely large framed! I'm slightly over 5'8" and my wrist measurement is 6.55 - yup, large frame.}

Here's a site on more accurately determining body frame size - wrist measurement vs. your height:
    http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/imagepages/17182.htm

**EDITED TO ADD: Oops, postrockandca beat me to the nlm.hih.gov site. It's a good'un! **

Btw- postrockandca, I totally hear you about the BMI. Even my doctor and nutritionist feel this way about it, and no longer use it because it doesn't take body frame into consideration. Totally outdated!

I just did the wrist wrap thing (I have bony wrists no matter my weight) and the touch and semi-overlap (5in). I have always considered that I am large framed though. I am 5'7" and when I tell people my weight they usually don't believe me. Cursed with big hips and a big butt and a short torso...

I don't know if it because I live in France (I'm American) where all the girls are pencil thin with no body shape (hips, butt or otherwise) and short.. or if that wrist thing is dodgy.

Anyway I like this thread, It gives me motivation. Good job to all of you!
  • Jesi2
    Jesi2 Posts: 2
    Options
  • Kyfrog
    Kyfrog Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • erinxo13
    erinxo13 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    bump
  • happymom1197
    Options
    Amazing work ladies! You look great!!!!
  • HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    5 ft 7 very very curvy always have been now im just fat and flabby 189lb, lost 15 lb but nowhere there yet would appreciate all you gorgeous girls adding me an letting me no what use have done and ones who avnt yet got there to help me along my journey an will sure as hell return the favour xxxxxx
  • erinxo13
    Options
    bump
  • TraciStivers
    TraciStivers Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I certainly have a 'large frame'.. I'm 5 10", and very, *ahem, 'big boned' XD
    This is my most recent before/during:

50partialside.png

50partial.png

You look great!!!!! That haircut is so flattering on you!!!!
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Bump :-)
  • erinxo13
    Options
    bump!
  • storm685
    Options
    bump!
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    This is really hard for me to tell.

When I was overweight, I definitely considered myself "large-framed."

Now I consider myself very small, although of course the only difference is fat loss - not bone, obviously.

My wrist is 5.5 inches around, but my shoulders still seem broad to me.

I've still had no problems maintaining on the low end of my BMI range (18.6), so I don't know.
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    5'7", large framed and curvy.

Photos in my profile.

Sept 17 photo 294 lbs, Oct 25 photo, 186 lbs.
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    bump
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    The pic on your left is 3 months after I had my twins and the one on the right is dated :) I still have a ways to go.
    beforenduring.jpg
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    crap I cant resize it! sorry
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!