Walking Dead Season 3..Episode 1.......

Options

Replies

• hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    If Lori were not pregnant, I would off her in her sleep.

Daryl is the best character in the show, truly a badass.

I hope Andrea's character gets it togther.

As for Carl....I still hate his character. After seeing him shooting and picking off walkers though, I hate him a little less.

Question: How come all the guys have long hair, beards, unkept look, yet the women all look great?

agree with Lori.. she's annoying anyway
    Andrea.. don't care either way
    Carl.. becoming bad a**

Answer to ?: Cause your a man who likes women... lol.. Girls look crappy to me.. Men not so much...lol
  • LilPinkNinja
    Options
    Sidenote: I think The Walking Dead's popularity and overall awesomeness is relevant to the fact that it is the only show on television with its own talk show. ;) (The Talking Dead)

I don't know that I'd go that far; I'm only a recent watcher of the Talking Dead to be honest and I've loved the series since the first episode. I think it does so well because it came on the market when entertainment was saturated with Vampires so in a way.. same genre, different aspect. There's nothing else like it on tv right now (to my knowledge).

Having said that though: I absolutely love the talk show and make every effort to watch it now (and or record it).

Oh no, I wasn't referring to the fact that the show is popular BECAUSE it has a talk show... I think the fact that it is the only show WITH a talk show proves its popularity (for those who were debating what is most popular on TV right now). You're right though, there's nothing else like it on TV. There's never been a strictly zombie-based television series, and they are reinventing the cliched zombie genre.
  • LilPinkNinja
    Options
    P.S. Michonne and Darryl would equal the most badass couple on the planet.

Anyone watch Talking Dead afterward? Who officially wants to go to Universal Studios for the Walker Maze now? And that Zombie Obstacle Course they kept advertising would be PERFECT for weight loss I think - what better way to lose weight than running for your life? XD lol (j/k... kinda)

LOVED the episode and yes -- I totally want to do that Walker Maze.

In Memorium: "Face-Off Zombie" was my absolute favorite so far. Great effects!

I'm hoping Hershel doesn't die, but who knows. This show has proven that no one is really safe. At least in the comics it was Dale I believe that got bit in that scene so they are deviating from the books a bit.

Can't wait for next weeks episode and hopefully that cross we see is Lori's. Can't stand her!
    Actually it wasn't Dale in the comic, it was another character that hasn't made it onto the show (Allen). They gave the wrong information on the Talking Dead on that one... I looked it up because my BF was sure that Dale was the wrong person so we had to confirm it :) He was actually quite surprised that they got that wrong

You are both right! :D Both Allen and Dale lost a leg after being bitten and then amputation. Only difference is that Allen didn't survive the amputation and Dale did. Later on, Dale lost the other leg from the cannibals.
  • JBApplebee
    JBApplebee Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    All I know is that Merle won't be the Governor's right hand man!!!
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Options
    Then you should definitely check out the Penn & Teller house too. I'm pretty sure it may have been more badass than the Walker Maze (hope that comment won't get me in trouble with all the other posters, lol).

Damn, I'm in Hollywood, not Orlando.

I might be wrong but I think they have the same houses at both parks.

Pen & Teller did not make it to Hollywood unfortunately. I think, instead, it was replaced with a Texas Chainsaw Massacre house.

We have the following mazes:
    -The Walking Dead: Dead Inside
    -Welcome to SIlent Hill
    -Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    -Alice Cooper 3D: Alice Goes to Hell
    -La Llorona: La Cazadora de Ninos
    -Terror Tram: Invaded by The Walking Dead

Scarezones:
    -Witchhunt
    -Clownz
    -Toyz
    -Silent Hill

Our Scarezones arent mobile.

We have one show that is Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure.

Following rides:
    -Transformers: The Ride
    -Jurassic Park-In the Dark-
    -The Revenge of the Mummy
    -The Simpsons Ride
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Then you should definitely check out the Penn & Teller house too. I'm pretty sure it may have been more badass than the Walker Maze (hope that comment won't get me in trouble with all the other posters, lol).

Damn, I'm in Hollywood, not Orlando.

I might be wrong but I think they have the same houses at both parks.

Pen & Teller did not make it to Hollywood unfortunately. I think, instead, it was replaced with a Texas Chainsaw Massacre house.

We have the following mazes:
    -The Walking Dead: Dead Inside
    -Welcome to SIlent Hill
    -Texas Chainsaw Massacre
    -Alice Cooper 3D: Alice Goes to Hell
    -La Llorona: La Cazadora de Ninos
    -Terror Tram: Invaded by The Walking Dead

Scarezones:
    -Witchhunt
    -Clownz
    -Toyz
    -Silent Hill

Our Scarezones arent mobile.

We have one show that is Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure.

Following rides:
    -Transformers: The Ride
    -Jurassic Park-In the Dark-
    -The Revenge of the Mummy
    -The Simpsons Ride

I have got to get out of Ohio; I miss all the cool stuff.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Modern society strives to be politically correct and fair, but when you strip away society everything reverts back to dominate males protecting and providing for females and females caring and nurturing the camp/party.

Its not bad or unfair, its nature.

The exceptions of Andrea and Michone are examples of really really hard times. Where even the females take roles of males to help the group/pack/colony survive. Thats when you know **** has hit the fan.

Its cool to see the breakdown of society.

I'm not so sure about that. Maybe because nurturing isn't my first instinct and I'm definitely a woman. I do it, but I'm not really good at it.

But the majority of the men aren't in a leadership role. Just like the majority of the women aren't. People, whether men or women, are either leaders or followers. Sometimes you don't know you're a leader until you're forced into it. But great leaders are an exception, no matter what gender you are.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Would it not have been better to open the prison door to the basement, make noise, then let the zombies chase you outside the fence? A lot less work and danger.
  • lilacsun
    lilacsun Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Question: Will she breastfeed the baby??? hmmmmm

Lol! That is an angle I hadn't thought of. But wouldn't she have to?
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    Question: Will she breastfeed the baby??? hmmmmm

Lol! That is an angle I hadn't thought of. But wouldn't she have to?

They can just feed it that dog food they found in that house! lol

I really hate having to wait a week to see the next episode..

Is is just me or did that "song" take too damn long?? I was like... please...can we move on!
  • LowFatMama
    LowFatMama Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I GOT JIPPED!!! The Dish no longer has The Walking Dead :cry: what will I ever do!??!?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Forgot 3x01 was on last night. Fortunately, amctv.com will have it on their website (but for this episode only...somehow linked to AMC hating Dish or something like that).

I've watched the previous two seasons through netflix, so no commercials and no week-long break between episodes. Will be tough for me to make the transition.
  • Aeriesified
    Aeriesified Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    My only serious beef with the episode was when they first decided to take the prison yard. They had a few members outside the fence that were killing walkers as the came to the fence, just stabbing them there. Why didn't they just do that to them all rather than wasting all that ammunition? Once Rick closed that first gate and got inside the tower, they should have just killed every one that they could at the fences. Those gathered at the tower Rick was in would have been easy to sneak up behind and stab in the back of the head. They really didn't need to use one single round of ammunition.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Rick chooses to taunt them and get them all worked up by pacing in front of the fence, and doesn't even try to take any out while they're ALL there. You'd think over the winter they'd have learned the importance of using hand to hand whenever it's a safe-ish option as opposed to wasting ammunition or taking unnecessary chances. That seems as safe as it can really get, so why take any chances the next day? That kinda bugged me.
  • vinnieti
    vinnieti Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I liked episode 1. Too bad that Hershel got bit. It's nice to see the characters evolving
  • becs_91
    becs_91 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Great episode! A few thoughts:

Carl - As others have said, he still drives me nuts, but I guess he redeemed himself a *tiny* bit this episode. I have to say though - sure, he shot some zombies, but their guns also MAGICALLY had absolute zero recoil. Lol! Anyone else notice that? In the scene where they're all shooting in the jailyard, those guns do not move a centimeter when they fire. Some of the worst fake shooting I've seen. Sooo, must not be tough to make headshots with a handgun from a distance when you have magic guns. Lol.

(ETA: The recoil thing has annoyed me in the past, but it was a lot more noticeable given that so many people were shooting at once in this scene in particular. I get the safety hazards of filming "shooting" on set like that, but they could at least train their actors to simulate the recoil. Also, the slides didn't move. Magic guns. :tongue: )

Also (back to Carl), if he's supposedly "growing up" and has the hots for Beth, I think it's time he loses the stupid hat already. :laugh:

Michonne - as badass as I was hoping.

Anyways, loved the episode! Can't wait for the rest of the season!
  • Fit_Vixen
    Fit_Vixen Posts: 201
    Options
    I thought it was kick *kitten*. I just wish that 1. the belly looked more realistic vs. her holding it in place to keep it from falling out, lol.
    and 2. that they would off the Blonde Bi@tch (forgot her name), I can't stand her!!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    My only serious beef with the episode was when they first decided to take the prison yard. They had a few members outside the fence that were killing walkers as the came to the fence, just stabbing them there. Why didn't they just do that to them all rather than wasting all that ammunition? Once Rick closed that first gate and got inside the tower, they should have just killed every one that they could at the fences. Those gathered at the tower Rick was in would have been easy to sneak up behind and stab in the back of the head. They really didn't need to use one single round of ammunition.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Rick chooses to taunt them and get them all worked up by pacing in front of the fence, and doesn't even try to take any out while they're ALL there. You'd think over the winter they'd have learned the importance of using hand to hand whenever it's a safe-ish option as opposed to wasting ammunition or taking unnecessary chances. That seems as safe as it can really get, so why take any chances the next day? That kinda bugged me.

I used to think these glaring errors in judgment were bad writing...but now, I have to believe that they are entirely intentional. Perhaps in a weird way, it's part of the allure of the show. I mean, their numbers are astounding, so who's to say they're doing it wrong?
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options

My husband had the same thought process. After he explained it to me, I could see that same logic applying (especially if they're getting low on ammo or such). Not sure why they didn't do it that way other than, they needed to keep the show moving.
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    ... Removing reference to other websites before the mods get me ...

I would love to see Lori's baby bust out of her belly all Alien style. But I'm not sure if it would have that kind of strength.

What ever happened to that helicopter that crashed? Does anyone remember that?
  • GermanicKnight
    Options
    I would like the show much better if Carl lost the damn hat!!! Why does that piss me off so much?!?!