CROCKtober - break out your crock pot recipes for October!

Options

Replies

• grapeeyes1
    grapeeyes1 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef

Ingredients

2 lb chuck roast
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    1 jalapeño, seeded and finely diced
    1 small onion, finely diced (about ½ cup)
    1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
    ¼ cup lime juice
    1 tbsp chili powder
    ½ tsp cumin
    ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
    Salt and pepper

Directions

Place the onions, jalapeño, and garlic in the bottom of a 4 quart slow cooker. Season the beef with salt and pepper on all sides and place on top of the onions.

In a medium bowl or measuring cup, whisk together the tomato sauce, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne. Pour the spice mixture over the beef and coverd

Cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-5 hours

Once the beef is cooked and tender, use two forks to shred the beef. Stir the beef with the cooking juices and keep warm in the slow cooker until ready to serve.

Serve over whole wheat and/or homemade flour tortillas or over a bed of lettuce with your favorite toppings such as salsa, avocados, and tomato.

Serves 6-8

Courtesy of Skinnyms.com wonderful site!
  • sunnysideup05
    sunnysideup05 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Can't wait to try out some of these fabulous recipes!!
  • godswill2012
    Options
    I am new at this but do you happen to know any of the nutritional value of this especially the calories per serving?
  • HeavyLiftGirl
    HeavyLiftGirl Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Best Pulled Pork Ever

1 pork tenderloin
    1 12oz can of rootbeer
    Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce

Place tenderlion in slow cooker, and pour entire can of rootbeer over whole tenderlion. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Drain rootbeer, shred pork and pour bottle of sauce on top. Serve immediately on whole wheat buns.

Fall Pork

1 pork tenderloin
    1 can no sugar added cranberry sauce
    1 packet of dry Lipton onion soup

Place tenderlion in slow cooker, coat whole tenderlion with full packet of onion soup. Pour whole can of cranberry sauce on top and smooth over tenderloin. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Shred pork. Serve with a veggie and baked potato or on a whole wheat bun.
  • tressatnt
    Options
    bump. always looking for new crock pot recipes!
  • awerewka
    awerewka Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Kellyreen
    Kellyreen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love the crock pot best meals ever
  • NikkiHann17
    NikkiHann17 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    These sound great. thanks
  • porcelain_doll
    porcelain_doll Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cajmanthei
    cajmanthei Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Yum! bump!
  • dotbell123
    Options
    Crockpot chicken and noodles

3 cans reduced fat cream of chicken soup
    2 lbs. boneless chicken breast trimmed (I normally chop each piece into 3 pieces)
    1/2 vidalia onion chopped
    2 tablespoons butter (Yes, I know it's evil, but I use it).

Toss into crockpot.
    Add water to cover.

Cook for 5-6 hours on high.
    After 5 hours, add veggies of your choice. I've used broccoli and carrots. At this point, I also add spices - smoked paprika and pepper are good, but experiment with your favorites.

Cook up the noodles of your choice and add them in. It's also good without noodles.

Before serving, shred chicken with fork. It will fall apart very easily. Stir like mad and enjoy.

I make this every 2-3 weeks during the winter. Besides being amazingly easy and cheap, it's the perfect comfort food.
  • debkerns15
    debkerns15 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    bump
  • debkerns15
    Options
    bump
  • debkerns15
    Options
    bump
  • debkerns15
    Options
    bump
  • quinnybear
    Options
    bump
  • cyn60
    cyn60 Posts: 20
    Options
    bump
  • Mina133842
    Mina133842 Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Posted by Scrapping_jess in another crockpot post - and I'm the bestie- and it IS good. YUM!

I made this about 2 1/2 weeks ago and it was a huge hit with my family & my Bestie's family! The finished product filled 2- 20oz jars. I've included the link for the recipe...she has great pictures to go with the recipe.

http://sweetandsavorybysarah.blogspot.com/2011/09/apple-butter-in-crock-pot.html

Apple Butter (in the crock pot!)

Ingredients:

8-12 medium sized apples. Use any variety you have. I mixed it up.
    1 Tbs. Vanilla Extract
    1 Cup White Sugar
    1 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
    1/2 tsp. Cloves
    2 tsp. Cinnamon

Directions:

Peel your apples and dice them up. They don't have to be pretty.

Throw the apples in your crock pot with the Tablespoon of Vanilla. You want your crock pot to be full of apples so peel as many as apples as you need for that. Turn your crock pot on low and cook for 6-8 hours. Check it every couple hours to give it a stir and see where it's at. Mine was done more around the 6 hour mark but I think my crock cooks things a bit quicker than others.

Add your white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, and cloves. Give it a stir and cook another 5-6 hours. Mine was ready at about 5. Also stir it around every once and a while. Mine seemed to need it...yours might not!

At this point your house will smell amazingly and your crock pot will look like this!

When you spoon this into containers, please be careful. I don't want you to drop any of this hot stuff on your hand....because that might hurt a lot and make you want to scream and throw your hand around like a crazy lady. It didn't happen to me or anything but just be careful.
  • sapphire318
    sapphire318 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Best split pea soup ever -- and it's easy easy easy!!!

1 pound dried green split peas
    1 medium sweet onion diced finely
    3 celery stalks diced finely
    2 quarts chicken broth (I use chicken base, 1 TB per 1 quart of water)
    1 bay leaf
    Ham steaks (pre-cooked), cubed

Add all ingredients except ham steak to crock pot. Cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 8 hours. Maybe 10 minutes before serving, add ham so it gets up to soup temperature. I get more compliments on this soup. And it couldn't be easier, it takes me about 10 minutes of prep time to cut the onion, celery, and cube the ham. Enjoy!