Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for February

Options

Replies

• tigermom79
    Options
    gracefullyjenn......what a great idea!!!! Very creative to tend to your young one and still get excercise in. Even added weight to it. Congrats on that!!!
    Ann
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    Thanks my arms are now killing though lol but I wasn't going to let his fuzziness deter me from exercising.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Grace - You are my hero for the day! Great way to improvise, plus your son got some snuggle time.

The best cardio on the Wii is probably a combination of the free step and the free run or some combination of running and stepping. I don't know about the other Wii programs but many like My Fitness Coach too.

So far today I've shovelled snow for 30 minutes and I'm getting ready to get on the Wii. I'm home sick today after having a fever at work. Some sick day! My son is now sick and I have to bring him to the doctors later today.

Peter is right. We all need to find some time even if it is just 30 minutes everyday for some sort of exercise. My 30 minutes is starting as soon as I finish this post. lol

JAM
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Hey Wii'ers! :happy: Sorry I have been MIA! I feel off the wagon since Sat, when I went to the gym to run so I could achieve my goal for the week, and then my 30 min run turned into a 2.5 hour workout! When I got home, I was starving and then didn't have the strength (I wasn't tired energy wise, but just strength) to do my scheduled workout for the EA active. Even though I have missed out on my Wii, I have still been working out faithfully! I haven't let down myself in regards to working out, but I did to yall for not keeping my goal :frown: . Keep up the good work,:flowerforyou: I will be back soon, but right now trying to squeeze BBL and the gym into my already hectic schedule.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Grace - You are my hero for the day! Great way to improvise, plus your son got some snuggle time.

The best cardio on the Wii is probably a combination of the free step and the free run or some combination of running and stepping. I don't know about the other Wii programs but many like My Fitness Coach too.

So far today I've shovelled snow for 30 minutes and I'm getting ready to get on the Wii. I'm home sick today after having a fever at work. Some sick day! My son is now sick and I have to bring him to the doctors later today.

Peter is right. We all need to find some time even if it is just 30 minutes everyday for some sort of exercise. My 30 minutes is starting as soon as I finish this post. lol

JAM

Wow JAM. - Yes, that is some sick day, shovelling snow, tending to a sick child and running to doctor's appts.And then, still getting on the Wii! Now that is stamina. Just hope you aren't overdoing it, especially if you are still feverish!

Grace - that is great multi-tasking indeed. Watch out, the little one may take to that.

Peter , - thanks again for the water reminder! And you are right of course. I had to give up something to make time for exercise myself, as there are only so many hours in a day. We have to always remember our health should be at the top of our priority list. Some day's I do find it hard to set aside a whole hour, but I will at least do half of one. Generally, once I get started, I find I want to push it just a little more than originally planned.

teetee- Two and a half hours? I am in awe! And you are so close to your goal weight, that is fantastic.

Tonight is my rest night after my 6 days in a row. I did almost 80 minutes last night because I knew I would be taking a break today.

You are all an inspiration. Keep it up!
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options
    Okay all ... I haven't been on here for the week and I feel like such a slacker. I didn't get any intentional exercise in at all. Lots of things kept getting in the way... that is not going to happen any more. I did get a lot of walking in though. My stepdaughter (17) will be graduating high school next year so we were doing college tours all weekend to help her get an idea of where she would like to apply to. OYE, they do walk your butt off on those things! I also was very mindful of my calories and didn't go over once! Yay!!

I made some time to workout this morning and feel great now! I really missed not being able to do anything.

So, my weigh in day is today and I came in at 231!!! Down 1 lb. YIPPEEEEE!!!!! I am so excited. I didn't think I would lose anything because of not being able to work out but I guess all that walking did something! :o)
  • jawhwilson
    Options
    Does anyone have a recommendation for what kinds of shoes you can wear while doing wii fit? I know you aren't supposed to, but my arches can't take very long without the orthodics. Let me know what brand or whatever if anyone has used it.
    Thanks!!
    BTW, loving it.
  • gracefullyjenn
    Options
    I wear my shoes. Didnt know you werent supposed too.
  • grandma365
    grandma365 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Can i join in as well. I need to get this weight off and i have a wii board, and wii fitness as well. plus a few other fitness things for the wii.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Can i join in as well. I need to get this weight off and i have a wii board, and wii fitness as well. plus a few other fitness things for the wii.
    You bet!!!! Happy to have ya!!!
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options
    Does anyone have a recommendation for what kinds of shoes you can wear while doing wii fit? I know you aren't supposed to, but my arches can't take very long without the orthodics. Let me know what brand or whatever if anyone has used it.
    Thanks!!
    BTW, loving it.

I don't know about wearing orthodics with them, but I would try rock climbing shoes, or any type of shoe that doesn't have thick soles on them. :o) Good Luck!!!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    welcome grandma.

I don't wear shoes doing my wii. I'm on carpet and wear socks.

Time to go do it. have a great day everyone.
  • jam0525
    Options
    Welcome Granda and welcome back teetee.

I found the Wii Fit Plus for sale used today and picked it up. I can't wait to check it out tomorrow morning.

I do the Wii barefooted. I think it is because I started with doing all the Yoga routines and Yoga is done without shoes or socks. Some times when we are all playing together I might leave my shoes on, but mostly I feel safer with bare feet.

Have a great evening everyone.

JAM
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning all!

Everyone is doing so well. It is a busy day so I am off to it!!! Have a great one!
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Wow. I feel tired after having a rest day. Maybe it's just hump day. Looking forward to getting back to it tonight.

Oh I always go barefoot :smile:

Hope ya'll are having a good one today!
  • jam0525
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I used the Wii Fit Plus today and what a blast! My kids kept wanting to join in. I did 30 minutes of new games and stuff. The only disappointment is that I was over extimating the calories burned according to their calorie counting.

Have a great evening!

JAM
  • Boston01810
    Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    I wear a pair of tennis socks.

Question for all of you- I started using the EA Active 30 day challenge. I am on day 5. Here are my questions:
    1. Do the workouts get more intense as you go along (I started out with the intense level).
    2. Do the workouts get longers?
    3. I see I get trophies at times- I am unclear as to how that happens.
    4. What happens at the end of the 30 day challenge? It that it? Does it rest itself? Or are the new levels of 30 day challenges that then kick in?
    Thanks in advance.
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I used the Wii Fit Plus today and what a blast! My kids kept wanting to join in. I did 30 minutes of new games and stuff. The only disappointment is that I was over extimating the calories burned according to their calorie counting.

Have a great evening!

JAM

Glad you got the Plus now JAM! Did the original not show calories burned? Who knows how accurate that is anyway. I do not have an HRM to know, but I do often wonder. Did you try the skateboarding? It's become my fave of the games, now that I have gotten a little better at it that is, lol.

I am sooo tired today/night, but ya know,I am going to get up on that thing and do it anyway. Maybe I will feel better after a good sweat.

Happy wii-ing everyone!
  • jawhwilson
    Options

Question for all of you- I started using the EA Active 30 day challenge. I am on day 5. Here are my questions:
    1. Do the workouts get more intense as you go along (I started out with the intense level).
    4. What happens at the end of the 30 day challenge? It that it? Does it rest itself? Or are the new levels of 30 day challenges that then kick in?
    Thanks in advance.

There isn't anything higher than the highest intesity, yes the workouts do get harder but not much longer as you go. The trophies are for accomplishments you make, I loved getting them. (But sometimes I'm silly.) Check out your trophy page and you will see what they are for, I wish there was a way to track the progress towards the trophies but oh well. As far as I know once you complete the first 30 day challenge the next one is the same thing repeated.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options

Thanks in advance.
    jawhwilson answered everything so I'll just add my 2 cents.
    To make a workout longer, you can create your own custom workout along with the 30 day challenge.
    You can use a stronger resistance band or dumbbells to use with some exercises to make it more intense.