Baby fever...

Options

Replies

• Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Nope. Never had baby fever. I can't see why anyone would want to be responsible for bring a life into this screwed up world.

Yikes. I guess to each her own.

Go ahead, have a baby and come back in ten years, or even 5, and tell me I'm wrong. You are responsible for a life. Every moment of that child's life you will worry about all the dangers they face. Unless your the type that doesn't concern herself with the whole raising a child bit and just wants a mini-me to play dress up with.

Wow. Angry.
    I've been a parent for going on six years and I've never felt the need to smother the complete and utter joy of it with worry, fear, etc. Do I worry about my kids? Yes. Does it comsume every fiber of my being and make my life miserable? Um....no..... The love, joy and experience I have with it every day far over-shadows the "what-ifs"

Not angry. Just take the resposibility for a kid seriously. I am a mother. There are thousands of children available in every state for adoption. People are just too selfish to open there homes up to a child that has already been born.
  • bkw2488
    bkw2488 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I have six kids and still have baby fever! Good thing I cant have anymore.... cuz i would most like end up with a few more LOL :laugh:
  • Ezada
    Ezada Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Nope, my husband and I are child free by choice. Oh the switch has been turned on before, but after a lot of self searching it was more of a "I want what my friends have" moment. I am not emotionally equipped to handle the responsibility of raising a child and I know it. Plus, The desire to raise a child is just not there for me, and I am ok with this.

Don't get me wrong, I actually like children, and I am so looking forward to my brother and his wife having children. NIECES AND NEPHEWS! The amount of spoiled those children will be by their Aunt will break records. ;)
  • lamilli09
    lamilli09 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I am baby-fever free.

I do, however, have puppy fever. My dogs are the loves of my life. (And I have a feeling that in about 5-6 years, that puppy fever is going to give way to baby fever haha)

^I'm with you on this one! There will be no fruit from my loins. Puppies, on the other hand, I'd have a dozen! Hubby keeps telling me that we need to wait (I have 2 already).

haha I love it! I'm right there with you :)
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    It was so much gradual or instant as caused by a situation. I had two miscarriages in 6 months and my husband had a vasectomy a month later. Now I have baby fever so bad it hurts, physically and emotionally hurts.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    It was so much gradual or instant as caused by a situation. I had two miscarriages in 6 months and my husband had a vasectomy a month later. Now I have baby fever so bad it hurts, physically and emotionally hurts.

((hugs)). So sorry for you. I hope you find a way to overcome this and perhaps think about adopting if raising children is really important to you!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I am in the off position permanently. My man friend and I have decided to not procreate. And I couldn't be happier.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Mine turned "On" once I found out I was pregnant.

It went right back "Off" after birthing a 10 pound baby.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

Not angry. Just take the resposibility for a kid seriously. I am a mother. There are thousands of children available in every state for adoption. People are just too selfish to open there homes up to a child that has already been born.

It's kinda cute how much hate you have... Like a big ball of poop that walks around judging the size of other poop. Only you think your poop is pretty and scentless.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I have hot body fever, baby fever will have to wait until I get enough of my fix.
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    my switch is set to "murder."
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have 4 kids, all girls (10, 6, 4 and 2). I love babies, but for the first time in my life (that I can remember) my baby switch is 'off'. Even right after giving birth to my kids, I was ready to do it again. It's the weirdest feeling to NOT have the desire to have anymore. I am looking forward to lots of grandbabies WAY in the future! :happy:
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    As a babymaker my switch is always set to on. It can not be shut off. All guys are. They may not admit it but that's what the desire is. Procreate and make lots of babies
  • melisj5
    melisj5 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Mine is switched on, but a baby is going to have to wait until I lose my weight and until my S.O and I get things in order. We already have a lot going on health-wise and a baby can't fit into the equation quite yet.
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    As a babymaker my switch is always set to on. It can not be shut off. All guys are. They may not admit it but that's what the desire is. Procreate and make lots of babies

My husband would say the same thing. He wanted to try "one more time" for the boy.
  • RunnerBlonde808
    RunnerBlonde808 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have 4 children (23, 17, almost 12, and 6) and my baby switch has been set to OFF since the day my 6 year old was born. I went through several years between my 23 yo and 17 yo where I had baby fever extremely bad but those were the years that I had 2 miscarriages and just didn't think I was going to have anymore.

This baby making factory is definitely not producing any product anymore!!!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    my switch is set to "murder."

was this supposed to be funny?
  • mistikal13
    mistikal13 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    My switch is off, but that's not to say that I can't change my mind in a few years lol
    Love my niece and nephew to death, not ready for my own yet.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Nope, didn't have baby fever at all when I got knocked up. :embarassed: But as soon as I saw that little jellybean on the monitor, all bets were off.

She is 2 1/2 and some days I see babies and get super feverish then on days when she is being a holy terror, that fever quickly goes away. :ohwell:
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I get the baby fever every now and then, especially now since my sister is due to have her first baby at the end of this month. But I combat it with thoughts of gaining weight and raising a child without the finances needed. Also, I get enough mommying with my cats right now.