Baby fever...

Options

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    As a babymaker my switch is always set to on. It can not be shut off. All guys are. They may not admit it but that's what the desire is. Procreate and make lots of babies

lol so not true. not even a little bit.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    for me, something else flipped on that wasnt baby fever. It was more like... orgasm preoccupation bordering on addiction with slight narcissistic over-exercising tendencies, career surges, upgrading all aspects of my life as best as possible to prepare me for the next stage in life and somewhere in there a three year plan to get a dog....
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Nope. Never had baby fever. I can't see why anyone would want to be responsible for bring a life into this screwed up world.

Yikes. I guess to each her own.

Go ahead, have a baby and come back in ten years, or even 5, and tell me I'm wrong. You are responsible for a life. Every moment of that child's life you will worry about all the dangers they face. Unless your the type that doesn't concern herself with the whole raising a child bit and just wants a mini-me to play dress up with.

Yes, the worry is always there and some days I think "will this worry ever go away?"

But the positives far outnumber that. I love watching my daughter discover things and I love seeing how caring she is. It is my responsibility as a parent to teach her right from wrong and teach her she CAN change this screwed up world.

This has ended up being the most important thing I have ever done in my life. All of the things i was convinced were so important pre-kids, are not now. I am shaping a person that will be our future and I don't take that job lightly.

And then there is the whole continuing of the species thing.
  • yoovie
    Options
    Also Ive been using Johnson and Johnson's baby lotion on myself for the last 14 years to create an immunity to the smell so if I have children it will be because it was long thought out and planned and not due to an accident following smelling that magic stuff.
  • yoovie
    Options
    I have hot body fever, baby fever will have to wait until I get enough of my fix.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Have had it for about 6 months now. It is terrible!
  • NurseAshoRN
    NurseAshoRN Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why it's such a crime for people to not want children? My career switch is on and that's the most important switch on my board right now.
  • shapeup6
    shapeup6 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    My light switch was always turned off...until a couple months ago. All of the sudden I had baby fever and couldn't shake it! All those nieces and nephews running around gave it to me! It has since turned off recently which is good since my husband and I aren't going to try for a couple of years :)
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    feels like a light switch being turned on. Instant.

same for you?

edited to clarify:

ASSUMING IT IS ON--was that ON instant or gradual?

Instant for me! I have a 4 year old and I have never had a desire to have another kid. Not once - even when looking at very cute babies. Then all of a sudden, a few months ago - BAM! I want a baby!! We are waiting for a little while - I want to lose more weight so I can have a healthier pregnancy and daycare is expensive, so it would be nice if my daughter was in kindergarten first. But it's definitely in the plans now, where before it wasn't even on the radar.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why it's such a crime for people to not want children? My career switch is on and that's the most important switch on my board right now.

I'm constantly told "It's different when it's your own." "You're missing out on the greatest gift you can have." etc.

I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I choose to have my ability to do whatever I want, whenever I want. I personally think I'm being MORE responsible by not having a child when all I want to do is run run run. Sure, I could have a kid and they'd have a great life, but they definitely wouldn't have my full attention. And that's what a child deserves.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

I blame the fact that people have to assume that the most important thing a woman can do is birth babies.....,,
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

I have no problem with people that have decided to not have kids...I have a problem with the person in this thread that insulted people that choose to.

I respect your opinion to not have kids...respect mine to want them. :drinker:

(I am speaking for myself here, I am sure you get comments from a$$hats that need to shut it) :flowerforyou:
  • NurseAshoRN
    Options

I'm constantly told "It's different when it's your own." "You're missing out on the greatest gift you can have." etc.

I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. I choose to have my ability to do whatever I want, whenever I want. I personally think I'm being MORE responsible by not having a child when all I want to do is run run run. Sure, I could have a kid and they'd have a great life, but they definitely wouldn't have my full attention. And that's what a child deserves.

preach girl :)
  • LilPinkNinja
    Options
    I've had the baby fever since I had my first daughter in 2008... then my second daughter in 2009... then my son in 2011... and now we are planning for our next (but I want to lose some of the weight I put on from having my three kids already before I get pregnant again).

It's hard because everyone tells me "You'll just KNOW when you are done having kids. You'll have the feeling and know that you are done." I haven't had that feeling yet, and I don't want to turn into some kind of Duggar family. <:O
  • enigmachik
    Options
    I'm 33 and childless. My switch has been on since my early 20s. Over the last few years it's gone from being on to flashing incessantly and emitting a deafening alarm that keeps me up at night. I fear I will never satisfy that switch and that I'll never willingly turn it off.
  • NurseAshoRN
    Options

I have no problem with people that have decided to not have kids...I have a problem with the person in this thread that insulted people that choose to.

(I am speaking for myself here, I am sure you get comments from a$$hats that need to shut it) :flowerforyou:

Never insulted anyone here.
  • NurseAshoRN
    Options

I blame the fact that people have to assume that the most important thing a woman can do is birth babies.....,,

true story girl.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

Never insulted anyone here.

You didn't - someone else said it was selfish and stupid to bring children into this world.

I'm cool with people not wanting children. Everyone has to make the right decision for themselves.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options

true story girl.

Having babies is nice and all, but it's not some miracle that all women must experience.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Right now mine is off... but that's only because my little one is starting their terrible two's... and I have enough of my plate without another creature dependant on me... If we have another child my husband had better get a damn good raise 'cause I am not going to work 40 hours and then expect to cook and clean up after everyone without an ounce of help.