Do you eat Cereal?

Options
ssb16
ssb16 Posts: 38 Member
As a kid I ate cornflakes, weetabix or Frosties. In my 20's I read a book on how cereal was the worst thing for you as it is highly processed and contains little to no nutrients.

Recently speaking to a nutritionist cereals have changed and she convinced me to try again. I bought

Mom's Healthy Secrets (Canadian)
Holy Crap (Canadian)
Kashi

I was wondering if anyone had an opinion on cereal and if you eat cereal which one?

Stay blessed, lose weight and thanks in advance for your suggestions

Replies

• HappyandToned
    HappyandToned Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I don't anymore, because they either contain wheat (which apparantly is best to avoid for quick weight-loss), or they are VERY high in sugar.

I stick to plain rolled oats with almond milk and I occasionally put some Agave on top, if I feel like something sweet.
  • I have cereal every morning, it's a mix of dried fruit, wheat flakes, rolled oats and bran. I like the high carb foods in the morning so that I'm energised for the rest of the day.
  • Audiejude
    Options
    I'm not familiar with those two but there's an easy way to decide. Take grams of fiber and divide it by grams of sugar, and eat the one with the largest number.

fiber/sugar=???
  • esl269
    esl269 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have shredded wheat every morning. It's the only cereal I've been able to find without any sodium. But I'm not looking to lose weight or take in a lot of vitamins. I just want carbs and fiber, and I get it.
  • NaturallyOlivia
    NaturallyOlivia Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I don't anymore but i reallyyyyyy miss cap'n crunch! it was so good. i could eat a bowl big enough to contain 2 or 3 servings of it when i was at my heaviest. But it is sooo bad for you. the sugar content is scary...
  • dr2k12
    dr2k12 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Love me some cereal, don't eat the real sugary stuff though... Mini-Wheats in all of their various sizes and flavors are my fav at the moment...
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Yes....Trix, Mini-Wheats, Apple Jacks.....whatever we've got in the house! Love my cereal!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    Kashi GOLEAN Crisp Cinnamon Crumble is my go-to in the morning. Delicious.
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Every once in awhile I need honey nut Cheerios :)
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Depends.. I can eat healthy ones like Morning Crisp,Vector (with bananas mmmmm) etc..
    But Honey nuts Cherios aren't that bad sometimes...Just use Unsweetened almond milk and it's fine. I don't eat much sugar anyway so...a little sometime won't kill me.
  • MonRJenki
    Options
    I Like Special K with strawberries!
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Yes. When I am feeling like a treat (Like PMS week!) I buy the mini boxes of stuff like frosted cheerios, reese's puffs etc because I have a cereal binge problem. They need to sell Trader Joe's Vanilla Clusters (Also known as Crack Clusters) in Mini boxes cos I can blow through a box of that in two days, I'd also settle for Special K Vanilla Almond SO good!

One of my favorite breakfasts is Gluten Free Rice Krispees w/ Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk its amazing! I hate regular milk. One of my favorite snacks is Cocoa Krispees with Unsweet Vanilla Almond Milk AMAZING combo! Basically any and all cereal are better with almond milk. Mostly I stick to the Plain Rice Krispees or Cheerios tho sugary cereals are a treat
  • MonRJenki
    Options
    I also like Fiber-one Honey Clusters....!
  • marinemomx2
    marinemomx2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Once in awhile and I eat 1/2 cup peanut butter cheerios and 1/2 cup chocolate cheerios - love them!!
  • sariannach
    Options
    I don't eat cereal for breakfast, but if at the end of the day I still have to up my carbs but not my fat/protein, I'll have a serving of Crispix--no milk, just crunchy no-fat snackiness. :) One cup is 110 calories so it's not overwhelming. I really hate sugary/sweet cereals. I sometimes eat packet oatmeal for breakfast but it's usually oversweetened by the maker, so not very often...
  • juli_jones
    juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it every day, but I couldn't give up my cereal......Frosted Flakes with bananas, trix, lucky charms - they say its not what you eat but calories in vs calories out so why give up the things you like - everything in moderation :-)
  • palmerig88
    palmerig88 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Yes I love cereal. My favorites are fruity pebbles and cinnamon life.
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I don't anymore, because they either contain wheat (which apparantly is best to avoid for quick weight-loss), or they are VERY high in sugar.

I stick to plain rolled oats with almond milk and I occasionally put some Agave on top, if I feel like something sweet.
    Absurd.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Yes, but only on days that I know that I'm going to burn a ton of calories as cereal is very calorie dense.
  • slshaw23
    slshaw23 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I love cereal But I actually eat the serving size now instead of just pouring lol