Options
    Headbanger_48749_zpse117e97e.jpg

im here,

z_news_19_EMP_headbanger_170_Pixel_zps17933fde.jpg
  • KFilthy
    KFilthy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Been into metal since around 1994.

Love the usual; metallica, slayer, pantera, motorhead, AC/DC, deicide, Anthrax, cannibal corpse, biohazard, megadeth, strapping young lad, white zombie, down, crowbar, corrosion of conformity, Fear Factory, Sepultura(around chaos AD), cradle of filth, sabbath, judas priest, loads more.

So far I've seen metallica, black sabbath, pantera, fear factory(back in 98) and Slayer live and seeing Motorhead and Anthrax in november.

Mostly old school things..screamo doesn't do it for me. Other things not quite metal I have to admin to loving Type-o-Negative and Pearl Jam.

All very good bands!! I love Type O Negative as well!
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    More old school here. IRON MAIDEN!, Plus Priest, Metalicca,Slayer,Exodus,Motorhead,Dio. Like newer metal, but the vocals turn me off (too much growly devil voice-gets old for me).

Same for me though my tastes go more towards Scandinavian bands..Sabaton, Sonata Arctica, Amorphis, and of course the German favorite..Rammstein.

Check out the Metal head group.. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/662-metalheads-goths-punks-united and welcome aboard!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    The first album I bought was Somewhere in Time - Iron Maiden on cassette, circa '88.
  • shimewazaMan
    Options
    Hey there. I definitely consider myself a metalhead although you might not consider all of my favorites metal. My all time favorite is KISS, but I also love Metallica, Motorhead, Black Sabbath, Godsmack, Disturbed, Badlands, Tesla, Tora Tora, Priest, AC/DC, White Zombie, Iron Maiden, ... I could go on and on! Feel free to add me! I love talking about music! Right now, my two main workout CD's are KISS's new CD (Monster - freakin' LOVE it!!!!!) and Metallica's St. Anger. I know ... everyone hates St. Anger, but for some reason, I freaking LOVE that CD as workout music!!!!!
  • jppd47
    jppd47 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Tool, Orgy, Lacuna Coil, Spin Shank. Are my defaults when I dont know what I want to listen to
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    More old school here. IRON MAIDEN!, Plus Priest, Metalicca,Slayer,Exodus,Motorhead,Dio. Like newer metal, but the vocals turn me off (too much growly devil voice-gets old for me).

Same for me though my tastes go more towards Scandinavian bands..Sabaton, Sonata Arctica, Amorphis, and of course the German favorite..Rammstein.

Check out the Metal head group.. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/662-metalheads-goths-punks-united and welcome aboard!

I saw Sabaton when they supported Dragonforce and liked what I heard. Any recommendations?
  • mslisatm
    mslisatm Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I like a lot of different kinds of music, but tend toward harder stuff while working out...Rage Against the Machine, Deftones, Motorhead etc
  • LilPinkNinja
    Options
    I <3 just about every single band listed in this thread. Therefore I <3 this thread.

Was saving to go on the ShipRocked cruise with KoRn (favorite band ever - it brought me and my husband together!), but too expensive. :( Now going on a regular cruise in which I will startle all of the old people with intermittent blaring metal music and head banging.
  • KFilthy
    Options
    Hey there. I definitely consider myself a metalhead although you might not consider all of my favorites metal. My all time favorite is KISS, but I also love Metallica, Motorhead, Black Sabbath, Godsmack, Disturbed, Badlands, Tesla, Tora Tora, Priest, AC/DC, White Zombie, Iron Maiden, ... I could go on and on! Feel free to add me! I love talking about music! Right now, my two main workout CD's are KISS's new CD (Monster - freakin' LOVE it!!!!!) and Metallica's St. Anger. I know ... everyone hates St. Anger, but for some reason, I freaking LOVE that CD as workout music!!!!!

I LOVE KISS. So much... Lol
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    KFilthy, your band list looks a lot like mine. Lately I've been completely addicted to the new Cattle Decap as well as going through a Botch, Converge phase.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I like some metal every now and then. I listen to Dethklok when I jog. Gets me in the mood to jog and growl. lol
  • shimewazaMan
    Options

Yay!!!! I am one of the biggest KISS fans on the planet, but then again, every hard-core KISS fan thinks that! I just saw them in July for the opening night of their current tour (in Bristow, VA). They were ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY amazing!!!!!
  • KFilthy
    Options
    KFilthy, your band list looks a lot like mine. Lately I've been completely addicted to the new Cattle Decap as well as going through a Botch, Converge phase.

The new Cattle Decap video.....
  • KFilthy
    Options

Yay!!!! I am one of the biggest KISS fans on the planet, but then again, every hard-core KISS fan thinks that! I just saw them in July for the opening night of their current tour (in Bristow, VA). They were ABSO-FREAKING-LUTELY amazing!!!!!

I haven't had the chance to see them, sadly. I remember when that movie Detroit Rock City came out...I felt complete. Haha!
  • Rottnme
    Rottnme Posts: 167 Member
    Options

The new Cattle Decap video.....

Haha! Not so much addicted to he video but I have seen it and completely understand why it was banned all over the place. That album, Monlith of Humanity is in my top 5 new releases of the year.
  • srhershey
    srhershey Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Combiechrist and Rammstein. I also love Pantera, Slayer, Death, Hypocrisy, Slipknot, Switchblade Symphony, NIN, White Zombie, Avenge Sevenfold, Skinny Puppy, Testament, Obituary, Ministry, Revolting *kitten*, Sepultura, Cavalera Conspiracy, KMFDM and there are many more.

At my wedding, when my husband and I were introduced as Mr and Mrs, we walked into the reception to Raining Blood by Slayer.
  • KFilthy
    Options
    I LOVE Combiechrist and Rammstein. I also love Pantera, Slayer, Death, Hypocrisy, Slipknot, Switchblade Symphony, NIN, White Zombie, Avenge Sevenfold, Skinny Puppy, Testament, Obituary, Ministry, Revolting *kitten*, Sepultura, Cavalera Conspiracy, KMFDM and there are many more.

At my wedding, when my husband and I were introduced as Mr and Mrs, we walked into the reception to Raining Blood by Slayer.

Ah Combichrist! Love them. And KMFDM/Skinny Puppy/MINISTRY...I think that's more industrial metal but it's ****ing awesome. ..That sounds like a badass wedding lol
  • SkyVetis
    Options
    Metallica's St. Anger

the songs off that CD come to life live. brilliant.

also dont know how I didnt write Rammstein! big one to miss out.
  • SkyVetis
    Options
    [/quote]

Did you see the Vulgar Display of Power tour when White Zombie opened for Pantera? <3
    [/quote]

Sadly didnt get to see that!