Wii Etc (Fit, Fit Plus, EA....) Team for February

Options

Replies

• Meehansbride
    Options
    Where did you find the platform? I would like to add that in for a bit of a change once in awhile.

I ordered off Amazon. $16.99 I believe. Have not seen it anywhere else.

Thank you! I will see if I can find it there.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I used the Wii Fit Plus today and what a blast! My kids kept wanting to join in. I did 30 minutes of new games and stuff. The only disappointment is that I was over extimating the calories burned according to their calorie counting.

Have a great evening!

JAM
    Hi JAM
    Yep....the calorie count is not very acurate. Which games did you enjoy the most? That juggling one gets me.....I never get very far!!!:noway:

I really like the kung fu and that obstacle course is great. You don't burn many calories on the course but it is fun as a break!!!! I also like the cycling but the advanced course gets me lost!!!
  • Lilmrsbardeen
    Options
    I use the wii fit Plus, Cardio workout and Jullian 2010, they are great!!! It helps me out a lot because I get migraines which prevents me from doing outside exercise so during the winter I WII and then in the summer I swim in my pool and do the WII.
  • Lilmrsbardeen
    Options
    My Goal is to exercise 3 hours a week....i will do the WII after dinner every night for at least 30 min, i usually start off with the wii fit plus, the jacknife and then running, and then i'll put in cardio workout,..i love that game...anyone have any suggestions on other fitness games I can use?
  • Boston01810
    Boston01810 Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all that replied. I appreciate it.
  • TwentyTen
    Options

I really like the kung fu and that obstacle course is great. You don't burn many calories on the course but it is fun as a break!!!! I also like the cycling but the advanced course gets me lost!!!

You can have that obstacle course Ann. That one is jus ticking me off, lol. I try to avoid it but sometime I will let the Wii pick a routine and it will bring up that dern thing. I generally get a good bashing. The first time I did the advanced cycling it took foreverrrr which resulted in a great burn. Now that I know where all the flags are it's not so bad. I have been getting into the skateboarding recently, almost ready for the advanced. Almost ready to pick up a REAL skateboard. That would give the neighborhood a good laugh. :laugh: Ouch.

Almost the weekend! Keep at it everyone!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    All these games a few of you are refering too.. Skateboard, cycling and getting lost. Kung Fu, obstacle course etc.

Are all these on the Wii Fit? or Wii fit plus?
    Reason I'm asking, I'm going to a friends this weekend, and he wants me to bring my EA active, and I know he has a Wii fit I want to check it out more.
    Last time I was there, I stood on that board and tried to do the tight rope walking, Dam that was hard. That was my first time realizing that there were many sensors in that board. (I had no idea previously).

Well great news, I have 2 more days of my Wii EA 30 day challenge and i'm feeling tighter and stronger this past little while.
    We went to costo and picked up 2 pairs of 34" jeans as a reward for myself. I tried them on last night, they already fit. :drinker: :laugh: :drinker:

In may 2009 when i started this lifestyle journey, I was wearing 40" jeans and said to myself no more after I bought 42" dress pants. That's when I found MFP.

I haven't worn 34" jeans for about 20 years.

Jane - How's that water going :smile:
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Thanks Peter
    All these games a few of you are refering too.. Skateboard, cycling and getting lost. Kung Fu, obstacle course etc.

Are all these on the Wii Fit? or Wii fit plus?
    Reason I'm asking, I'm going to a friends this weekend, and he wants me to bring my EA active, and I know he has a Wii fit I want to check it out more.
    Last time I was there, I stood on that board and tried to do the tight rope walking, Dam that was hard. That was my first time realizing that there were many sensors in that board. (I had no idea previously).

Well great news, I have 2 more days of my Wii EA 30 day challenge and i'm feeling tighter and stronger this past little while.
    We went to costo and picked up 2 pairs of 34" jeans as a reward for myself. I tried them on last night, they already fit. :drinker: :laugh: :drinker:

In may 2009 when i started this lifestyle journey, I was wearing 40" jeans and said to myself no more after I bought 42" dress pants. That's when I found MFP.

I haven't worn 34" jeans for about 20 years.

Jane - How's that water going :smile:

Thanks Peter! Just made me reach and have a big gulp of it. mm mmm good :drinker:

Yes those games mentiones are on the Wii Fit Plus. It is all I have to work with now, but the EA Active sounds great , so will probably get that down the road too.

Hey congrats on the skinny jeans! They are definitely deserved. Woo hoo!
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    To all: I did the Island Cycling, the skateboard and a marching one. My legs were sore so I hit some muscles I've never used. It really is a lot of fun and will take some time to get used to the new features.

JAM
  • gemfox
    gemfox Posts: 107
    Options
    man, I just did some of my workout and i really really wish i had waited till i had eaten! feel all blergh and weak!
    Did something new on my fitness trainer cardio - ducking in boxing - owwwwwwww, my thighs hurt!!! would have felt aces tho if i want hungry.
    And yes, i am aware that its bad to workout on a truely empty tummy but it was the only time i could fit it in!!!
  • thumper44
    Options
    that its bad to workout on a truly empty tummy but it was the only time i could fit it in!!!

I don't think you should worry too much about a workout on an empty tummy.

There's many people working out in the morning and then eat after exercising.
    You might not have alot of energy so some people suggest eating a small carb.
  • gemfox
    gemfox Posts: 107
    Options
    Thanks Peter,
    Think it was because the last bit of food i had was @ 1pm so had bugger all energy! I normally work out on an empty tummy but this was bad! i did like 10 minutes and was like, no no more now, shaking and everything! made me a little sad as i was well up for a proper workout!
  • metroace
    Options
    A bit late in the month to find this forum but I'll jump in now if I can....!
  • thumper44
    Options
    Thanks Peter,
    Think it was because the last bit of food i had was @ 1pm so had bugger all energy! I normally work out on an empty tummy but this was bad! i did like 10 minutes and was like, no no more now, shaking and everything! made me a little sad as i was well up for a proper workout!
    Yep it would definitely depend on what you ate at 1pm.
    Here's an article, if you want to fill in any holes of what to eat, when or anybody else was curious about eating before or after exercise.

http://health.msn.com/fitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100146039

Speaking of, i'm off to do mine.
    Have a good evening everyone.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    A bit late in the month to find this forum but I'll jump in now if I can....!

Welcome! Glad you found this thread and hope you stay with us for March.

Thanks,

JAM
  • jawhwilson
    Options
    I know you are not supposed to weigh yourself on the balance board on the carpet, but man I like that weight wayyyy better. It's only a pound or two lower, but its sweet. lol. I did day four on my wii fit plus and loved it. I love the boxing, it is so great and I reallly feel it. I can't wait to see a change in my arms. I also unlocked the advanced on the cycling. It took me forever, my thighs were kiling me and I got lost. Once I finally got the 22nd flag I kept falling off the cliffs and having to start over, I gave up after about five cliff dives. lol. I know I wont try advanced again for a while, but it was fun.:laugh:
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    I know you are not supposed to weigh yourself on the balance board on the carpet, but man I like that weight wayyyy better. It's only a pound or two lower, but its sweet. lol. I did day four on my wii fit plus and loved it. I love the boxing, it is so great and I reallly feel it. I can't wait to see a change in my arms. I also unlocked the advanced on the cycling. It took me forever, my thighs were kiling me and I got lost. Once I finally got the 22nd flag I kept falling off the cliffs and having to start over, I gave up after about five cliff dives. lol. I know I wont try advanced again for a while, but it was fun.:laugh:

Haha, I have been there. I refused to give up as much s I wanted though, because I didn't want to lose the calorie count. It took forever and told me I went 8 miles! :noway: Finding that last flag was something, but then finding the finish line after, yikes! LOL
    Was a hell of a burn by the time I was done. I dared it again and finished it in about half the time. I can finally do the adnvanced boxing oo, although I never thought I would get the hang of the fancy foot work.

I have done pretty well about meeting my goal of 5 nights a week this month, usually get 6 in.

Happy Friday everyone. Yay! :drinker:
  • thumper44
    Options
    Congrats Jane,
    It always feels good when you can go farther in something than when you started. You definitely know you've improved.
    How's your water? :wink:

TGIF - Wooo hoo -

Welcome Metroace.

Let's all end February with a good workout and take that energy into March. Spring is around the corner.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Hooray!!!! It is FRIDAY!!!! I am so ready for the week-end. It seems like forever since I got on my wii with everything going on. I will get on it this week-end!!!!

Have a great day!
    Ann
  • TwentyTen
    Options
    Yes thank heavens it is Friday!!!!!

I'm trying Peter, I am,. Just keep harrassing me about the water, it DOES help me get more.

Well, I intend to burn up 300 cals on the Wii tonight if it kills me. Well, at least until the Wii tells me it's been 300.

Rock on everybody!