Over 200 Club New Year New Body-Part 7

Options

Replies

• cris20056
    cris20056 Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    hi!

I stuck to my meal plan at panera's but it still wasnt the greatest of meals. grilled chicken on country bread with LTM and mozz cheese. I could have probably skipped the mayo and cheese but eh, didnt feel like it!:tongue:

here is my check in:
    calories- under by 125
    water- by end of night yes
    excercise- 200 situp challenge wk3d1
    sodium- 2190 (too much for my taste)
    proud- that i got an apple instead of the yummy bread on the side and that i planned my meal in advance

i changed my carb-protein-fat to 40-30-30! thanks awestfall!

cris
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Welcome badtz!! Everyday we check in with our calories, water (if we drank 64oz), excercise (if we did any) and say one thing we are proud of. You'll catch on quickly!

To all: I was looking at the 'goals' that MFP has for me and they have carb-protein-fat at 55-15-30. I was thinking about tweeking those a little to reduce my carbs and fat and increase protein...what are your thoughts on this and what you think the pros/cons are

I am doing research now so if I change it I will let you know what I change it to and why

I am a little scared to do anything to change it since so far the plan is working for me...maybe I'll change it when I hit a plateau?

~Cris
    In my opinion carbs and fat should be lower.According to my biggest loser cookbook the ration should be 40% protein 30% carbs and 30% fat.I hope this helps!! This is what I have been doing and I am losing major inches because of this and of course exercising.

How would I go about changing this in my profile?
    Go to goals and hit custom and then type in your carbs,fat and protein you want to eat.
  • lildebbie
    lildebbie Posts: 2,068 Member
    Options
    Jess - Where in tx ar eyou ??? I am IN tx ...i know i know it is a big state :):)

I am doing good today..

Cals - right on target
    Water - none..i know i know i need to get better at this
    exercise - nada..i just was feeling soo icky today...i can't wait for the weather to warm up..i really need to charge (or get ) some batteries for the wii board.

Proud - I am almost back to my pre-sprial out of control weight...Only about 2lbs more...since i was up like 8 lbs as of monday.

My head is killing me, took some tylnol and still killing me ..hopefully will go away.

I am supposed to go to take my 3 yr to speech eval..finally...so we will see what they say.
  • awestfall
    Options
    hi!

I stuck to my meal plan at panera's but it still wasnt the greatest of meals. grilled chicken on country bread with LTM and mozz cheese. I could have probably skipped the mayo and cheese but eh, didnt feel like it!:tongue:

here is my check in:
    calories- under by 125
    water- by end of night yes
    excercise- 200 situp challenge wk3d1
    sodium- 2190 (too much for my taste)
    proud- that i got an apple instead of the yummy bread on the side and that i planned my meal in advance

i changed my carb-protein-fat to 40-30-30! thanks awestfall!

cris
    You are so welcome Cris!! I am glad you had an awesome time out with your old friend.Its nice to have time to yourself every now and then to catch up with old friends and just relax.Sounds like you did well with staying within your calories.
    Proud that everyone is trying to hard and succeeding at it.We are doing this GALS and nothing is going to stop us from reaching our goals.
    By the way checking in today
    Calories-Right on target (I feel a weight drop coming on tomorrow morning just a hunch but I just may be right)
    Water-96 ounces
    Exercise- Yes tons of it with my Wii I beat my 15 year old at Just Dance on the Wii and it was funny cause she told me I had game LOL:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Proud that I am doing so much better than I was a month ago.The things that are most important to me is my family,my health and all of you wonderful ladies who support me as well as others.I :heart: you gals your like sisters to me.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    lildebbit-I live in North Texas. The Dallas/Plano/Carrollton area.

awestfall-Thanks I found it! Changed mine up to what you said the biggest loser cookbook says. Lets see how it works out.

Thanks for all the help with the Mexican food choice for tonight. We ended up actually not going. My roomy is sick. Not going to lie. I wasn't upset about not getting to go out to eat. I'm going out with another friend tomorrow so probably best. This way I know my weigh in tomorrow will go great!

Checking in for 2/25
    Cals-Under
    Water-13 Glasses
    Exercise-40 Minutes of Last Chance Workout
    Sodium-Way under!

Proud-I'm proud I came home and forced myself to do a 40 minute workout even though I would of much rather only done the 30 day shred that is 20 minutes.
  • lildebbie
    Options
    lildebbit-I live in North Texas. The Dallas/Plano/Carrollton area.

Jess - That is awesome so do i :) I live in The Colony.
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    About the protein/carbs/fat ratio, someone posted this link on another thread I read:
    http://caloriecount.about.com/metabolic-types-eating-ft93247

I don't know how accurate it may be or how trustworthy the info is, but there's a quiz there so you can find out what kind of "oxidizer" you are & then it makes a suggestion as to which ratio may be best for you. As awestfall suggested, the 40/30/30 ratio is for "balanced oxidizers," apparently.
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hello All,
    Checking in for today
    Calories - 110 over
    Water - 9
    Exercise - walking, 8 flights of stairs & my sit up training regimen

Not feeling so proud today as I slipped and at ate a whole chocolate bar. Frankly I'm not looking forward to the weigh in this week.
  • HonestOmnivore
    HonestOmnivore Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    Checking in!

Calories - over by a couple hundred:grumble:
    water - GREAT :bigsmile:
    exercise - no elliptical or walk but I did make 17 trips up the steps at work:sick: so I had around 1200 "up" steps in today!

Proud - I'm proud I'm pushing myself on the steps even though I don't feel like I'm getting any better and I'm soooo slow by the end of the day!

We got a new scale today - it has a hand held part that reads your body fat through from your feet to your hands. I'm happy that it gives the same weight and my weight here at home is the same as my weight on the digital at work - it will make my weigh in days easier if I'm home! I'm still reading the owners manaual (yeah I do that LOL!) but so far it seems pretty cool!:smokin:
  • bluenote
    bluenote Posts: 2,930
    Options
    jlb, that was a VERY interesting thread about what type of oxidizer you are. I am a fast oxidizer, according to the quiz. I don't know if it's a coincidence or what, but I tend to gravitate toward more protein, just like it said I should.

Good luck on tomorrow's weigh in, everyone! And remember - what matters MOST is getting healthier! :heart:

check in:
    calories: a wee bit under. Onward to the p-b.
    water: perfect
    exercise: 30 mins bike - I am pretty sick, couldn't do my usual 40. :sick:
    proud: That I made very healthy foods today instead of lying around and ordering delivery, which is what my sickness was trying to get me to do!
  • awestfall
    Options
    Thanks for the info Jbl !! According to the test I am a balanced oxidizer which makes since because thats what is working for me.
  • tiger12gal
    tiger12gal Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    OMG OMG!! My weight was under 200 for the first time in over a year! I rechecked it like 5 times! I mean its barely under 200 but still! Im just hoping that I dont eat too much when Im out with my mom this weekend trying to get everything done!

check in for 2/25
    cals: under
    water: under
    exersice: none
    proud: that my pants were not tight even though I dried them! Normally i let them air dry so they dont shrink up but I didnt have an option when I forgot to wash them in time to let them air dry!

So my mom and I went yesterday and signed the contracted with the place we are going to do the wedding! Its small but pretty which is fine by me bc I dont want a very big one. Tomorrow we are meeting with the caterer and then have an appointment to try on dresses! We are also going to go look at things to decorate the tables and stuff! I already picked up the brides maids dresses... im just hoping one of them will fit bc they didnt have the rite size.. I guess if it doesnt she can just wear a different dress since she is the maid of honor.. but I think it is going to be hard to match the color.

Im stressed but I am trying so hard to control myself from just snacking ALL day. Ive done pretty good I think but I know this weekend is going to be another story since I will be with my mom

My weight last Friday was 203.4 and today it is 199.6! so that is 3.8lbs. Im not sure how to do the percentages but I will be back on later to check it out! I hope everyone has a good day!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    OMG OMG!! My weight was under 200 for the first time in over a year! I rechecked it like 5 times! I mean its barely under 200 but still! Im just hoping that I dont eat too much when Im out with my mom this weekend trying to get everything done!

check in for 2/25
    cals: under
    water: under
    exersice: none
    proud: that my pants were not tight even though I dried them! Normally i let them air dry so they dont shrink up but I didnt have an option when I forgot to wash them in time to let them air dry!

So my mom and I went yesterday and signed the contracted with the place we are going to do the wedding! Its small but pretty which is fine by me bc I dont want a very big one. Tomorrow we are meeting with the caterer and then have an appointment to try on dresses! We are also going to go look at things to decorate the tables and stuff! I already picked up the brides maids dresses... im just hoping one of them will fit bc they didnt have the rite size.. I guess if it doesnt she can just wear a different dress since she is the maid of honor.. but I think it is going to be hard to match the color.

Im stressed but I am trying so hard to control myself from just snacking ALL day. Ive done pretty good I think but I know this weekend is going to be another story since I will be with my mom

My weight last Friday was 203.4 and today it is 199.6! so that is 3.8lbs. Im not sure how to do the percentages but I will be back on later to check it out! I hope everyone has a good day!

Congrats on being under 200! Even if it's a little bit you are still under! That's a huge accomplishment!
  • Solandra
    Options
    Check in for 2/25/10
    Water - right at the goal
    Calories - under
    exercise - walking

Weigh-in - down .4 lbs, hooray!
  • lildebbie
    Options
    TIger - WTG on being under 200..i imagine it must fell great !!!

I am at 0% this week..but i am happy with it. I was 283.7 that is 1 lbs + from last week..given that on Monday I was like 291 i will definetly take that...Next week I will be under and closer to that 280 mark which i haven't seen in years.

Taking my little one to speech therapy eval this morning ...so late start to work...HOpeing today will be calm at work....i got a busy weekend so i need some rest today ...hahaha.
  • awestfall
    Options
    OMG !!! I have lost 3.5 inches off my entire body since like three days ago and on top of that I lost a pound from last week.I was 234.2 last week and this morning I am 232.2.I saw 231.8 and then it popped back up to 232.2 so thats what I recorded.So excited because what I am doing is working.
  • madgoth
    Options
    My first official weigh in

last week and starting weight 260
    current weight 251
    goal is less than now

yay for me!

thanks Mari for the encouragement and nagging. I love you!

now tell me how to make the 9 pounds show on my measuring stick!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Calories: 1363
    Exercise: 53 minutes exercise bike; initial test for pushup & situp challenges
    Water: 12+ cups
    Proud: Well, I'm not proud that I was so tired that I fell asleep after I got home from work and slept for 2 hours and missed my run. But I am proud that when I woke up & still felt wonky (I think I kind of carb crashed from that stupid Healthy Choice meal I had for lunch :ohwell:) I forced myself to do 30 minutes of cardio & the initial tests for the challenges.

I blame my underwhelming weigh-in on the fact that I ate dinner close to 11pm last night and then only got 2.5 hours of sleep overnight. I also had more sodium than usual yesterday. I was down lower yesterday and I have very little doubt I'll be lower tomorrow but it is what it is and I'm happy with it anyway. :smile: 215.0 for me last week and 214.0 for me this morning. I'm so happy to be making better progress after that stinkin' plateau.

Tiger12gal: -3.8... 1.86%
    lildebbie: 0%
    jlb123: -1........ .47%

Tiger --- pay attention. This is really REALLY easy. Take the amount you lost and divide it by last week's weight

So, 3.8/203.4
    The answer is .0186823992.....
    Move the decimal over to the right TWO places and drop everything after 2 digits after the decimal -- 1.86% :smile:
  • Solandra
    Options
    ooh - Thanks JLB123 -

jlb123: -1........ .47%
    solandra: -.4 ... .16%
  • awestfall
    Options