is it worth the money to buy shakeology

Options

Replies

• MissSmily
    MissSmily Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    the chocolate was disgusting.

Same thing for me. I found it so disgusting that I was not able to drink it.
  • farris2
    Options
    Yes. I drink the Vegan Chocolate every other day. I am a coach and I am not biased. I have tried other products while a BB Coach and I keep coming back to Shakeo. To offset the costs I am on auto ship but only every other month. That keeps me an active coach and keeps the costs down. If you have a coach ask them to send you some samples or just try it yourself. BB has a money back guarantee even if you send the bag back to them empty.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    No
  • RatherBeFishing
    RatherBeFishing Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I personally think until you get your diet in check then no supplements are worth the money. No supplement in the world can replace proper nutrition. You can get custom blended protein powders online for a lot less with the macro profile you want in it for your goals.
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I've not tried it yet, but I know someone who absolutely loves them, is completely on the Shakeology program, says they help her feel great and energetic, and feels the program is worth every penny. And of course there are those who think it's crap. Almost everything costs money -- some things are worth it for some and not for others for a variety of reasons. I say try it for a month or so and see if -- for YOU -- it's a worthy investment.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Overpriced and undervalued. Most beneficial to the "coaches" who recruit people to sell it in thier MLM scheme. You will lose weight though......... in your wallet.
  • mmapags
    Options
    out of curiosity, why do you folks say it's not worth it? i drink shakeology every day and absolutely love it. it's $4/shake... how much is your startbucks frappuccino? Go to the gym and get a shake there, what's it run you? 4? 5? 6?

I make my shakes at home for under $1.00 and then eat some real food. Do you happen to sell this stuff there coach?
  • Marquettedominos
    Marquettedominos Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    So what do you get for $4 Shakeology... You get a whopping 160cals 21C 2F 16P. Which IMO is not a very good Micro spread. And Its 4 bucks per serving for only 160cals.

Now take a look at my morning smoothy. My Diary is open. Yeah it costs me around 4 bucks but it is 853 cals 64C 93P 30F which breaks down to around %40P %30C %30F. A much better Micro spread. Again IMO.
  • BradHallFitness
    BradHallFitness Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    So what do you get for $4 Shakeology... You get a whopping 160cals 21C 2F 16P. Which IMO is not a very good Micro spread. And Its 4 bucks per serving for only 160cals.

Now take a look at my morning smoothy. My Diary is open. Yeah it costs me around 4 bucks but it is 853 cals 64C 93P 30F which breaks down to around %40P %30C %30F. A much better Micro spread. Again IMO.

You are hitting a macro spread you are aiming for with that smoothie. However, it's not 100% about the calories or the macro nutrients. It's about the quality of the ingredients in the shake/smoothy. So many people fall into the trap of just looking at the calories, protein, fat and carbs. It's sooooooooo much more than those 4 things.
  • vegannlg
    vegannlg Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Ultimately you are aiming to establish a good lifestyle, reach certain health and weight goals and then maintain them, correct? $4.00 shakeology doesn't seem like it would fit into that very well unless you have the budget for it long term. Do you really want to use shakes for to maintain your weight when all is said & done??

Even at 1 shake a day that's $28 a week, which would translate to a heck of a lot of good, REAL food at the grocery store. Learn good habits with real food, skip the shakes or make your own yummy ones.
  • mmapags
    Options

You are hitting a macro spread you are aiming for with that smoothie. However, it's not 100% about the calories or the macro nutrients. It's about the quality of the ingredients in the shake/smoothy. So many people fall into the trap of just looking at the calories, protein, fat and carbs. It's sooooooooo much more than those 4 things.

So, if your calories target is 1500 and you are going to eat one full meal at 800 calories, you would need about 4 shakes at $4 each?? Also, have you conveniently neglected to disclose that you have a vested interest because you sell this stuff?
  • Marquettedominos
    Options

From what I have read about the P90 programs Shakeology does not hit any of the macro spreads that are recommended. And yes it has alot of stuff in it. I counted 42 just on the info page. But as ACG said there is no mention in the amount of each ingredient.
  • Marquettedominos
    Options
    And really weight loss/gain is %100 about calories......
  • mmapags
    Options
    And really weight loss/gain is %100 about calories......

Well yeah, but not if you are trying to sell some stuff and develop your downline. lol
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    It is too expensive for me personally. But I know someone who drinks it everyday, went to their doc for a check up, and the doc said they were in better health than ever. I know it's also used by a lot of Olympic athletes so it's at least worth giving a try for a month.
  • Marquettedominos
    Options
    It is too expensive for me personally. But I know someone who drinks it everyday, went to their doc for a check up, and the doc said they were in better health than ever. I know it's also used by a lot of Olympic athletes so it's at least worth giving a try for a month.

Was Shakeology the only thing that they changed????? Also I would probably drink it too if I got it for free......lol
  • monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Is it worth the investment? & what makes it more superior/ inferior to other protein shakes?

You know, I'd hoped to learn about different protein shakes instead I'm reading just a bunch of guys putting one product down or supporting it. You know, it would be useful if you'd all shake hands and actually state what protein shakes you recommend and why instead of just bashing one and arguing with each other. Frankly, you're not even responding to the question which is what he asked (see above).

Technically, if it's inferior - what do you drink instead? How do you prepare your homemade ones if that's the route you use? What ingredients do you use to prepare yours?

If it's superior, what results did you get from it? What kind of a difference did you notice while using it? How long did it take before you noticed the results?

I'd prefer information not just back and forth negativity. Once I lose the weight I'm going to start weight lifting to start getting in shape but none of the information here really was helpful. How about you all start this up again?

Monica
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Beachbody has already said they won't divulge their prop blends, it is common in the supplement industry to use prop blends and tons of ingredients to make the profile more attractive, yet many are just put in minuscule amounts so they can add another ingredient to the label. Seeing the other crap beachbody puts out as supps, it wouldn't surprise me that shakeO is equally or crappier than their other supps

Looks like they have divulged the proprietary blend:
    http://www.shakeology.com/the-shake/-/dl_get_file/4d404425-77b7-49c2-8b1d-983848eeaa85

Lolololol strong reading comprehension, had they divulged the prop blend they would list what amount each ingredient is in the product.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    give me another company that only uses natural and non-synthetic ingredients.

but then again, you don't mind ingesting chemicals. :)

Thought you said you drink water and drink Shakeology, so apparently you don't mind ingesting chemicals either
  • mmapags
    Options
    Is it worth the investment? & what makes it more superior/ inferior to other protein shakes?

You know, I'd hoped to learn about different protein shakes instead I'm reading just a bunch of guys putting one product down or supporting it. You know, it would be useful if you'd all shake hands and actually state what protein shakes you recommend and why instead of just bashing one and arguing with each other. Frankly, you're not even responding to the question which is what he asked (see above).

Technically, if it's inferior - what do you drink instead? How do you prepare your homemade ones if that's the route you use? What ingredients do you use to prepare yours?

If it's superior, what results did you get from it? What kind of a difference did you notice while using it? How long did it take before you noticed the results?

I'd prefer information not just back and forth negativity. Once I lose the weight I'm going to start weight lifting to start getting in shape but none of the information here really was helpful. How about you all start this up again?

Monica

Gaspari Myofusion. Good nutritionals, good taste, reasonable cost. The whole shakeology thing is a hot button and you obviously did not know that. You don't really notice "results" from a protein shake. It is just a supplement to help you get adequate protein and preserve lean muscle mass while in a deficit. Other than that is has not magical properties. Eating in a deficit and managing your macronutrients till applies for weight loss and health.