So when do you say goodbye to MFP?

Options

Replies

• mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    I have no plans to ever say good bye.. I have way too much support on here. This is a life journey for me, not a quick fix then I don't need it anymore
  • krickeyuu
    krickeyuu Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    For me, that question is like asking an Alcoholic, "when is it time to stop going to AA meetings?" The answer is never. This is my meeting. It not only helped me get the weight off, but it helped me understand that many of the things I was eating were very bad for my health and well being. Since I started logging my food and trying to get the most bang for my calorie buck, I am eating much better. Blood pressure is down so that I am going t request to get of the meds. No more heartburn. IBS symptoms are much less severe. Maybe some day I will feel like I can do it on my own, but it only takes about 15 minutes a day and the payoff is huge, so why not?
  • LisaH1967
    LisaH1967 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm going to say NEVER!
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Never. This is a fitness site not just a weight loss site. I have actually found it to be more helpful now that I am maintaining my weight and working on increasing my muscle mass than I did for losing weight.
  • Sweetfi
    Sweetfi Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm almost half way to my goal. I honestly don't think I will ever stop tracking calories, meals, weight, and exercise. I'm hooked!
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    We're getting married. The mods have already accepted my proposal. So, like, never!
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    This is my 3rd account. I tried...it's not possible. Besides I have some kickass friends on here. :smile:
  • columbae86
    Options
    I haven't read everything that people wrote, but I'd say that for some people - I include myself in it - eating disorders are part of life just like alcoholism is part of other people's life. And alcoholics learn not to ever drink again and enjoy life in a different way. Why not see MFP as a sort of AA meeting for people with problems regarding weight issues and food, and stick here? We won't judge you for being fit and still come back for a check in once in a while! :-)
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    i think keeping track of what i eat is going to be part of how i live my life...forever. I know it kinda sounds weird, but studies have shown (and no i'm not citing them because i actually just heard it on NPR) that the folks who don't gain it back are the folks who accept that they are going to keep a food diary...forever.

Plus, there's always more work that can be done. Lowering BF or upping your muscle, watching your macros. I feel like it's a flux. I went into maintenance almost an entire year ago and maintenance has proven to be more complicated than weight loss has.... at least for me it's been the case. My weight fluctuates, my caloric needs fluctuate, my goals fluctuate.
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Thank all of you for your input. I read all replies and, if this were a democracy, the most common answer was never, or never ever, etc. Sounds like good advice.

After considering everything, I think I will stay with MFP (also my sidekick to Facebook) but will only log meals when the bathroom scale says it is time to do so. This will allow me to stay plugged in, but will eliminates the drudgery. Also, it sure is fun and satisfying to help someone break through the dreaded plateaus.
  • catapultlaunch
    Options
    I'm so glad you've decided to stay. Just because we're at goal and maintaining, doesn't mean we don't need support and more important, accountability. The moment I say to myself, "Hey, I've got this... no problem!" Whew... that's when it all unravels for me. I'm so proud of you for obtaining your goal -- let's continue to support each other and maintain accountability while maintaining the firm foundation of wellness we've built. Bravo, you!
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Its like my new Facebook. :love:
    ^^^^^this, I don't do Facebook anymore, but I sure do MFP!
  • suenix24
    suenix24 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    never
  • Sharlaew
    Sharlaew Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have not reached my goal weight, but I plan to keep it up as part of my daily routine.
  • Mountainbiker2015
    Mountainbiker2015 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I don't plan on ever saying goodbye. I figure it this way. There were so many people who supported me in my weight loss journey and I plan on paying it forward and helping others long after I get to my goal weight. I still struggle somedays and this site really helps me a lot. I know life changes and gets busy and so some will leave and some will stay. I just plan on staying right now, barring any major life changes.
  • adbohls
    adbohls Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Never!!! This site is almost identical to Weight Watchers, but is free even before you reach your goal weight. To maintain you have to remain accountable to yourself. Without tracking regularly, your portions will creep up in size. Why do you think Weight Watchers has lifetime free member ship once you reach your goal weight? Because, once an overeater, always an overeater. It's like alcoholism, but only with food.
  • Lightbulb1088
    Lightbulb1088 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I like this

Why stop what works????
  • Jacole18
    Jacole18 Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm here forever....even when I hit goal, I will want to use MFP for maintenance, and to keep me accountable. I say if you like it, no reason to leave :tongue:
  • AnnieFJ
    AnnieFJ Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Never, its a guide for life. ;-)
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Very soon if things don't improve and the dictatorial streak continues.....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!