This sounds amazing! Got to try!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I think I'm going to try this tonight!
  • Raphi
    Raphi Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Excuse my ignorance, but when you talk about broiling, do you mean in the regular oven? :blushing:
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Excuse my ignorance, but when you talk about broiling, do you mean in the regular oven? :blushing:

Broiling is when you cook at a high heat from above. Your regular oven should have a broil setting where you normally adjust the temperature. Make sure you put the pan a little lower in the oven or you'll char it!
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Raphi
    Options
    Thanks Aerome ;) Tryin' it tonight!
  • mayasmom
    mayasmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I made this last night. YUM!

I used regular old chicken thighs with the skin removed (myself). Baked them at 450 (because I was also making roasted potatoes at that temp) for 25 minutes. I turned them 1/2 way through and then a few minutes before pulling them from the oven, basted with the honey/cider mixture...waited a minute or two...turned again, basted again...a few more minutes in and then they were done!

Soooo yummy. For personal taste, I will likely reduce the cumin next time and maybe even the cayenne...they packed quite a punch!

I will try this mixture again....I'm thinking shrimp would be GREAT!
  • justdawn
    justdawn Posts: 2
    Options
    Sounds tasty.. have to try this one soon.
  • skdehen
    skdehen Posts: 24
    Options
    I can't wait to try this out. It sounds so good.
  • pinkhockymom
    pinkhockymom Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing!!
  • lazygirllosesweight
    Options
    I made this last night. YUM!

I used regular old chicken thighs with the skin removed (myself). Baked them at 450 (because I was also making roasted potatoes at that temp) for 25 minutes. I turned them 1/2 way through and then a few minutes before pulling them from the oven, basted with the honey/cider mixture...waited a minute or two...turned again, basted again...a few more minutes in and then they were done!

Soooo yummy. For personal taste, I will likely reduce the cumin next time and maybe even the cayenne...they packed quite a punch!

I will try this mixture again....I'm thinking shrimp would be GREAT!

Did your chicken thighs release a lot of water during cooking? I made this and it was REALLY tasty. But toward the end I felt like I was boiling the chicken in its own juices. And a lot of the honey brush stuff was kinda washed away? Ideas? Tips? I'm doing it wrong? haha.
  • Raphi
    Options
    Did you put it on a broiling pan?
  • pjrail
    pjrail Posts: 4
    Options
    My Lord - That was good. My son (8 yrs old) is a picky eater and he wanted me to promise to give him this recipe when he gets "old" and has kids.
  • Raphi
    Options
    here, we found it waaaay to spicy :noway: ! I must say, we're not used to eat spicy food (I know, I know, its called "Spicy chicken" .... not wimpy chicken :laugh: ) Next time, instead of rolling the chicken in the spice mix, I' sprinkle it on... And maybe I'll water down my vinegar; I didn't have cider vinegar, so I used plain white vinegar instead. Or maybe just honey?
    Tasted good, though :wink:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I have my chicken defrosting to make this for supper!!!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    Had these last night - used skinless thighs with bone-best batch I've made to date....I am really disappointed that we ate it all and there's no leftovers for lunch!
  • aerome
    aerome Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I've made this quite a few times with chicken and it's wonderful!

Last night my husband and I used the same recipe but with pork instead. We upped the garlic (because we LOVE garlic) and it was totally awesome!!! Love it! :heart:
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with Ground Red Pepper. Does that mean Cayenne, red pepper flakes (like you put on pizza) or is it something else?

Thanks!
  • chrissyh
    Options
    I use the red pepper flakes
  • Raphi
    Options
    I'm not familiar with Ground Red Pepper. Does that mean Cayenne, red pepper flakes (like you put on pizza) or is it something else?

Thanks!

I used cayenne... maybe thats why I found it too spicy...