Options
    AHAHAHA
  • farfoorah
    farfoorah Posts: 168
    Options
    My vagina smells of strawberries but tastes of vinegar
  • ktillotson14
    Options
    It's really not your place to judge. I'm meticulous when it comes to personal hygiene but I'm not going to post about those that aren't.
  • phatycake
    phatycake Posts: 216
    Options
    EEK! Personally, I've never had that much time in the locker room eyeing other people's bodies and what not. Seriously, YOU may have some issues if you're taking surveillance of the room. Just sayin..
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm so glad that there are women like you that are the epitome of femininity and style to set us slackers straight.

1. I don't have $30 to get my feet "done" whatever the heck that means. If I have extra $30 its going towards the kids, or fixing the car or maybe date night for me and hubby. As long as my feet are clean, nails trimmed - then they are cool.

2. YOU cannot tell me that NO man likes funky feet... my husband could care less if my toenails are painted or not. As long as we're working well through life together and we still rock each other's world, pink toenails really aren't going to have an impact.

OH and I have bad scars on my legs (which I'm sure you would find grosss. I can't shave, the skin is too thin and I can't risk cuts leading to another 3 year infection. So
    before you pronounce that hairy women are gross... there may be significant reason why someone doesn't shave.

3. As for odor, get up out of other women's business. And by the way, when women actually workout and work hard, we tend to sweat and that means a bit of stench.... all over. But then I'm sure you're one of those who comes in with perfect hair and makeup, walk the treadmill on low speed for 20 min, then goes and tells her girlfriends that she "works out" everyday.

Douche is such an appropriate word here.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    ^^ IA - and it leaves me wondering what kind of gym you've been frequenting...o.O

for real
  • Jess207
    Jess207 Posts: 90
    Options
    I worked with a woman who stunk...like the woman's gym locker room! Using the ONE bathroom after her was terrible. For Christmas, someone anonymously gave her FDS spray! I don't believe the people who say they've never smelled a dirty woman...come on. And I personally do wonder about intimacy with them...what man can stand that??? Or woman, not that there's anything wrong with that :wink:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Is leg hair really that offensive? Crusty feet and bad odors, yes. Hairy legs that aren't omitting a smell or shedding anywhere aren't a big deal.
  • michelleindeed
    michelleindeed Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    My advice...
    1) Women just because summer is over does not mean its time to grow your own fur coat. Shave, cover it up, i don't really care just keep it hidden.

People can groom their body hair however they want. What you think is attractive is not attractive to others. If it bothers you, look at the ground until you reach your locker.
    2) Okay this is simple. Feet... take care of them crusty, unkept feet... is gross. Spend 30 bucks, get that s*** professionally taken care of... then buy yourself a foot scrubber, nail polish, and some skin clippers and keep your feet looking decent. Men don't like f**ked up feet, period.

I don't care for my feet for men but I do agree to keep them clean. It is basic hygiene.
    3) Okay, if I have to pick one topic that drives me nuts, it's this. Please wash yourself. There is nothing more unappealing than vag odor. There is no shame in using feminine washes, that's what they are made for. PH balanced and all. Just because girls buy feminine wash doesn't tell the world that your having issues... and for on the go, try feminine wipes. I promise that buying a bottle of soap is a lot less embarrassing than having "that" odor following you all day. Not that I go looking for these things, but some women are so bad I can't even think about using the restroom after you. And intimacy? Forget about it, that is sure to kill the mood and possibly the relationship. And as a side note,,,just because your legs are closed... doesn't mean we can't smell it. Just saying.

1) Feminine washes are not good. Your vagina is basically "self-cleaning." Feminine washes mess up the PH of your vagina and that can actually lead to infections and irritation. If you want to clean your vulva (if you don't know, your vagina is the opening that your menstrual blood comes out of, you give birth out of, etc. Your vulva is the whole area - labia, *kitten*, vagina, etc.), soap and water on a washcloth will do the trick. Everyone should use soap and water to clean their body on a regular basis.

ETA - A good point people are making - it is a GYM. You go there to sweat. You are going to smell things you might not want to sell. Work out outside or at your own home if it bothers you too much.

ALL OF THIS.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Ew.
  • endlesoul
    endlesoul Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the bulk of comments here, I've never had any gym.locker room smell like that. Sure there has been an occasional odor, from a menstruating women that must of used pads only on a hot day. But what you are experiencing seems over the top. What kind of gym are you at?
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Not all women shave. There's nothing wrong with that. The beautiful and amazing Amanda Palmer comes to mind. She wears her hair everywhere!
  • briebear77
    briebear77 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My winter fur coat is coming in nicely thank you very much.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Is leg hair really that offensive? Crusty feet and bad odors, yes. Hairy legs that aren't omitting a smell or shedding anywhere aren't a big deal.
    You know I rarely shave my legs. I don't wear skirts and my man lives a thousand miles away. Screw it, don't like it... keep your eyes off my legs.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    You know I rarely shave my legs. I don't wear skirts and my man lives a thousand miles away. Screw it, don't like it... keep your eyes off my legs.

I wear skirts, I wear very short shorts for my chosen sport and my man lives less than 10 miles away and I still don't bother shaving often. Ha!
  • leejayem
    leejayem Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    This just made me laugh - there are people in the world that are dying of malnutrition & others are killing each other, children are being abused by their parents...& you're seriously fretting about smells in a gym????!!!????? I'm glad we live on different planets...:drinker:
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    Wow, I'm so glad that there is women like you that are the epitome of femininity and style to set us slackers straight.

1. I don't have $30 to get my feet "done" whatever the heck that means. If I have extra $30 its going towards the kids, or fixing the car or maybe date night for me and hubby. As long as my feet are clean, nails trimmed - then they are cool.

2. YOU cannot tell me that NO man likes funky feet... my husband could care less if my toenails are painted or not. As long as we're working well through life together and we still rock each other's world, pink toenails really aren't going to have an impact.
    So before you pronounce that hairy women are gross... there may be significant reason why someone doesn't shave.

3. As for oder, get up out of other women's business. And by the way, when women actually workout and work hard, we tend to sweat and that means a bit of stench.... all over. But then I'm sure you're one of those who comes in with perfect hair and makeup, walk the treadmill on low speed for 20 min, then goes and tells her girlfriends that she "works out" everyday.

Douche is such an appropriate word here.

Yeeesss! You GRACE! *Bow*
    mjpop.gif
  • OMG_Twinkies
    OMG_Twinkies Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    trolling_for_hate_616.jpg
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Disclaimer: I am not singling anyone out... You know if this post applies to you. If it doesn't please feel free to comment, or ignore it and move on with your day. IF you get offended, you may want to take my advice into consideration, because more than likely... you are probably one of the ones that needs this the most.

Normally I avoid locker rooms at all costs and I am about to explain why, but today was one of those rare moments when I just had to. I don't mind seeing women naked, so that wasn't my issue. What disgusts me is how some women treat their bodies, and I am not talking about weight. This place smells like pure *kitten*, rotten eggs, fish, all combined. We know where I am going with this. Women have incredibly thick hair on their legs, under arms, and other unmentionable places. And omg their feet. WTF! Have we never heard of grooming?

My advice...
    1) Women just because summer is over does not mean its time to grow your own fur coat. Shave, cover it up, i don't really care just keep it hidden.
    It's a locker room, in case you didn't get the memo, it is acceptable to be naked there, whether you shave or not. Get over it. Also, removing hair is not necessarily any more sanitary than leaving it there--in fact, given the nicks and cuts that often occur with shaving, as well as ingrown hairs, I can make an argument that it is more hygienic *not* to shave. Hair removal is a cultural preference, and a personal choice, not a biological imperative. (Btw, I shave, so don't even go there.)
    2) Okay this is simple. Feet... take care of them crusty, unkept feet... is gross. Spend 30 bucks, get that s*** professionally taken care of... then buy yourself a foot scrubber, nail polish, and some skin clippers and keep your feet looking decent. Men don't like f**ked up feet, period.
    Calluses, etc. happen, especially when you are active. I don't see why it matters to you, and I don't see how they are gross. I have calluses, and I don't bother to paint my nails most of the time, but my feet *are* clean because I wash them regularly. Cleanliness is one thing, arbitrary grooming standards, including spending money that could easily be used for other things (including, say, donating to charity, or paying one's electricity bill), are not. Oh, and why do you think women at your gym give a flying f*** what men like. Not all women are obsessed with pleasing men.
    3) Okay, if I have to pick one topic that drives me nuts, it's this. Please wash yourself. There is nothing more unappealing than vag odor. There is no shame in using feminine washes, that's what they are made for. PH balanced and all. Just because girls buy feminine wash doesn't tell the world that your having issues... and for on the go, try feminine wipes. I promise that buying a bottle of soap is a lot less embarrassing than having "that" odor following you all day. Not that I go looking for these things, but some women are so bad I can't even think about using the restroom after you. And intimacy? Forget about it, that is sure to kill the mood and possibly the relationship. And as a side note,,,just because your legs are closed... doesn't mean we can't smell it. Just saying.

Actually, if by "feminine wash" you mean douche, you should know that douching has been found to be associated with a number of problems, including Ph IMBALANCE, and bacterial infections. Many doctors specifically recommend *not* using them. The vagina is self-cleaning, all you really need to do is wash the vulva.

Is it possible that the odor you report was not the result of the women who were in it smelling bad, but was instead the result of the locker room environment, which tends to be very humid which promotes the growth of bachteria and mold, regardless of how clean the people using it are?
  • Faericn_Rising
    Options
    My winter fur coat is coming in nicely thank you very much.

This!
This discussion has been closed.