Whats your current NSV (non scale victory)

Options

Replies

• asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    I bought a suit year ago, i put it on yesterday and I was swimming in it. Kinda sad because its a great suit and was kinda expensive but I'm thinking about having it taken in. Once you do that theres no going back.
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    I'd say a 500# dead lift is pretty respectable
  • kpnuts23
    kpnuts23 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    x2 30second planks with 40kg weight on my back.
    My UK size 10 jeans fitting me :noway:
    My biggest one is not eating any Chocolate/cake/sweets/biscuits/cookies for the last 2 months! :drinker:
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Size 8 skirts/trousers for the first time in 13 years!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Completed Rebel Race on Saturday. It was a blast.

photo2-3.jpg
  • Heavyd2g
    Heavyd2g Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Smashing all but one of my Insanity fit test results from week 1
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    my bf picks me up and says I weigh nothing... :blushing:
  • opsniht
    opsniht Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I looked at a picture of me from July, 18 pounds down I see a lovely difference in my face. (:
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of pants in May when I first started my job and they got to small so I had to buy a bigger pair. Well now the new pair I bought two months ago fall off and the old pair fits perfectly now.
  • wholelottarosa
    Options
    Last week I've introduced a new alcohol regime - only one night a week, two glasses of wine max.
    I've been out to dinner twice last week (stayed within calorie plan) AND to a bar twice with my drinking buddies and have stuck to my plan.

Going out for drinks again tonight. We've agreed on tea for me, cocktail for my friend. :)

Apparently peer pressure CAN be overcome.
  • Flutterloo
    Flutterloo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda, and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I used to have AT LEAST 2 cans a day. Sometimes 3. Yikes. It's been about a month and a half now, and don't even miss it. Feels great. :-)
  • mkwalk
    mkwalk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    - New jeans in a size smaller than I've been in at least four years.
    - Ran my standard 2.5 mile run...then decided to run it again! Easiest 5 miles I've ever run.
    - Changed up my makeup a little, makes me feel like I've got massive eyes. Just taking the time to do my makeup is a change in a good direction!
  • TXRedDirt
    TXRedDirt Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    No longer worry about my tshirts shrinking by putting them in the dryer. I use to hang dry every shirt I wore.

Next NSV is wearing my college class ring. It goes on now, but still a little too tight.
  • JSheehy1965
    Options
    seeing muscle tone, and running for 45 minutes this morning and not thinking anything of it. :) Back in March I could barely run for 90 seconds.
  • smhaze77
    smhaze77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I bought my wedding dress before I started trying to lose weight. I tried it on the other day for the first time in months, uhm I need to start shopping for a seamstress, my dress is HUGE on me.
  • Caseyann2501
    Caseyann2501 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    awesome NSV's people! Reading through all of these NSV's, I can't wait until I get to experience some of them!

My NSV is small, but I'm still really excited about it :smile:

I graded in my Martial Arts Class last week, and just got the results: I PASSED! And I passed WELL! For a girl who couldn't run 2 minutes without having fainting spells and could do 10 leg raises, it was great validation!

Also, I had a work function happening on a Friday and hadn't had a chance to get nice jeans (only had one pair at this point, faded black skinny jeans that were no longer flattering :grumble: ) so went on the Thursday night and bought two pairs, one a size 16 (tall, which i would need to roll up and have shortened later) and one size 14 (which was the petite length but a size I've not fit into for the last 2 years) for the comparison test with family. Surprise surprise, the size 14 fit well and actually looked good!

Now, for my next NSV!

Goal: size 12 Skinny jeans (without the dreaded muffin top)
    Target date: End of Year
    Reward: Seeing my sister's face getting off the airoplane when she sees me as a size 12 for the first time ever! :noway: :happy:
  • rhinesb
    rhinesb Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I lost 31 lbs without a change in pants size. I added strength training and gained 2 lbs but went from size 18 pants to size 16!
  • TashaLou29
    TashaLou29 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was able to carry my 2 year old around on my hip at Octoberfest with out losing my breath and having to put her down :)
  • hopsonc24
    hopsonc24 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I bought a skirt that was a bit to tight in Aug bc it was on sale, thinking I would lose weight and be able to wear it. I have done this many times over the past 10 years. Two weeks ago I was able to wear that skirt comfortably!!! I have never actually lost the weight needed to fit into something I bought to small!!! I am so proud of myself.

Not a NSV but a huge victory for me none the less!!!
    I went to the beach for a week with my family. Typically being around my family means eating unhealthy and over eating and vacation means the same thing! NOT this year. This year I managed to lose 3lbs while on vacation!!!! I stuck to my new lifestyle and ate healthy and exercised every day!!
  • garnetsms
    garnetsms Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    The most recent one I have occured just last night. I have one of those families who likes to compare body size when we all get together. I (unfortunately) inherited a big butt from both sides of my family. Anyway, I hadn't seen my aunt in about a month and she says to me when I stand up "Sheila, what happened to your butt" I thought maybe I had something on my pants...NO! she says "it's smaller" Yeah, that felt pretty good!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!