"Did you know that running is bad for your boobs?"

Options
1235»

Replies

• LilacSnow
    LilacSnow Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm 40 and a runner, and my boobs could be stunt boobs for a teenager.

One of my girlfriends lost 120lbs, didn't run a step - and calls hers "oranges in socks".

hahahahaha! :laugh:
  • Sherrielsb
    Sherrielsb Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    A good sports bra is the key, there is also the added option of a "jane strap" that fits over the upper part of your chest to help reduce bounce. For those of us really into and loving running we don't skimp on our running shoes (for the most part). Its an investment in our health, why should our girls get as much consideration as our feet?

I have used the Danskin brand high impact sport bras but would like something that lasts a bit longer. I am looking forward to checking out some of the suggested bra brands- Thanks!
  • Packer_Hotty
    Options
    I double up my sports bra!
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Hey, just cause my boobs are bigger than what most women have is no reason to make fun of me. I am actually dropping weight now!
  • chubbygirl253
    chubbygirl253 Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I'm sure that people who use their boobs as an excuse not to run will prolly give up on weightloss so they don't end up with unsightly excess skin. Guess they'd rather be fat.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    old wives' tale right up there with "if you run your uterus will fall out" (seriously!)

use a supportive sports bra and have at it.

edited to add: when I started with MFP I was a 38DDD...all I needed was a good sports bra and I ran just fine.

I've lost 35 pounds, down to a 36D, and my breasts only sag a little bit due to age and gravity (I'm almost 43)...nothing a bit of a pushup bra can't help with.
  • NatashaShen
    NatashaShen Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    To piggyback on this topic... Does anyone have any suggestions for good, supportive sports bras for larger busted women?

You should start a thread with this topic. I've seen some suggestions for "regular" bras on MFP threads, but I'm a 38DD (and bigger during my week) and would love to find a sports bra that fits.

I'm in the same boat. 40DD, developed early and very fast, so I'm not worried about the sagging part. But need a good sports bra to do almost anything!
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    women who run regularly are at a lower risk of getting breast cancer. to me, that's way more important than potential sagging

that being said, my girl friends and i all really like champion sports bras, and we pretty much fill the range of breast sizes! :)
  • bmq1689
    bmq1689 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Can anyone recommend a brand of great sports bra that will stop or decrease the bouncing when running?? Since I live in an asian country where cup C is consider big, most stores sell regular sports bra.. I'm thngking of ordering online..
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Hooray for running with big boobs................ ;-)
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure mine "sag" because of the size and genetics... not whether or not I run... btw, I'm not a runner (yet).
  • marhattap
    marhattap Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Bull ****. If anything, the cardio is great for your breasts.
  • caroliiine86
    Options
    that why i'm alway wearing like a bra, a sport brad and a tank top with support haha :P
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    My boobs look a LOT better now that they're smaller and perkier since I have been running.

Any excuse is a good one if you truly don't want to do it. Sounds like the cousin is in that boat.