Replies

• TigvaDraga
    TigvaDraga Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I like eating crap. I also like eating healthy foods. I have an egg white and spinach omelette several days a week, fruits and veggies for snacks. Meals at home with steamed veggies and lean meat almost every night. And I have a sugary treat everyday also. And sometimes I eat a healthy breakfast and lunch and a junk food dinner.

You don't have to avoid junk completely to lose weight. I would kill myself if I never got to taste a baked good or pizza again in my life.

Maybe that's why OP is so angry, depriving herself rather than enjoying goods in moderation with healthy foods and exercise.
  • msacurrie
    msacurrie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Eat what you want :) I have made big changes, but I still eat "crap" sometimes, at least one treat a day. I'm still losing weight and feeling healthy. No biggie. My faith is not in food.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I just did a food database search for "fecal matter" and found nothing. I was curious to see the calorie content in all this crap everyone is eating...

I was thinking this but afraid to say it here lol Wondering if you looked up "crap" what that would get you lol
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    oh now, sweetness...you need to explain this.

Short version: What I noticed was people who seem to have made some progress or would know what they're doing supported the OP while others who probably don't know what they're doing didn't. Seems to me those who are more fit take the criticism better than those who aren't. Hypersensitivity abounds and I'm really mean.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Just a quick observation...

The majority of the avatars telling the OP to cram it because she's a judgmental loser and a meanie pants are not fit, lean, jacked, or awesome looking.

The majority of the avatars supporting the OP's support of others by telling them the truth about their choices and the impact of said choices on their stated goals are leaner, more fit looking, and in general people whose opinions on subjects such as those this site would find useful I would listen to.

Just an observation...

BTW, I had a four-patty Five Guys cheeseburger with fries and a large DQ Resse cup Bizzard with EXTRA STUFF last night as part of my Carb Backloading program. This morning I woke up lean, tight, and ready to take new pictures. I've done this five of the last eight days and I'm down three pounds from two weeks ago. I'm going to drop a weight class for my PL meet next Saturday. Are my choices CRAP? As with all things on this site, it depends on your plans and your goals. In my case, this type of food elicits an insulin response that helps me build and/or maintain muscle mass and replenish glycogen stores while cutting fat the other 18 hours of the day when insulin is suppressed.

That being said, I'd bet that the OP is referring to people in her circle of friends who have stated goals that are not supported by their food choices and/or plans that do not include those food choices. OP has made some good progress based on her avatar pic, so she probably has valid things to say and the fact she cares about the people in her circle to the point she gets frustrated with them for sabotaging themselves means she's a good MFP pal.

Heck, I think I'll friend request her right now...

if modesty were a round hole........you sir are a square peg
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    *deep breath* Okay, so now I've wound my neck in I feel able to say this without profanities.

To the OP, when one's diary has daily entries described as 'meal replacement' and measured in 'scoops' I can only assume that your idea of 'crap' differs from my idea of 'crap'.

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
  • Candyy_sma
    Candyy_sma Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that you aren't on MY friend's list, Judgey McJudgerson!

Wow! :noway:

LOL @ Judgey Mcjudgerson! haha
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    oh now, sweetness...you need to explain this.

Short version: What I noticed was people who seem to have made some progress or would know what they're doing supported the OP while others who probably don't know what they're doing didn't. Seems to me those who are more fit take the criticism better than those who aren't. Hypersensitivity abounds and I'm really mean.

ci700332kn00001.gif
  • NJSunshine13
    Options
    I know my friends look at my diary. That's why it's open. And if I am not on track, I would expect my friends to say ... hey what's up. Are you okay? Your food choices are looking a little off. I would not expect them to belittle me and make me feel like crap. Maybe even say, hey tomorrow's another day to get back on track. That's why I have supportive friends on MFP. I don't need some self-righeous person waving her finger of disapproval at me. I pay a nutritionist to do that job.
  • cardiokitten
    cardiokitten Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I love crap. I'm still gonna eat it. Bite me.
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    The title of this thread was screaming my name! I have said several times that I now eat less crap...but OP you are 100% correct, it's still crap. I want to become more healthy and not just lose weight. I have been noticing lately how much crap I actually do eat and also how much sodium I must be consuming with all the fast food I eat. I plan to change things, just needing to take the baby steps to start :/
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    if you eat less you will lose. you can't eat 100% healthy every day, sometimes you will eat "crap". we don't live in the same conditions, some of us are students with no time for cooking, some of the people out there don't have the money for organic stuff... it's good to be healthy but believe me, as for the weight loss it's all calories-in calories-out.
  • GreyV
    GreyV Posts: 60
    Options
    OP - Do you not know how to cook? The fact that the vast majority of your caloric intake is from meal replacement shakes is, IMHO, shameful. Yes I have recently started to use protein shakes after particularly strenuous workouts but I eat food. Actual, solid food. Healthy food. And the occasional cookie, piece of chocolate, bag of sweets.

Everyone has different methods that work for them but might not work for you. I wouldn't consider your diet healthy purely for the lack of real food, fresh fruit and veg. But that's my opinion. I still have a long way to go but I enjoy logging everything on here so I can get and give support.

If you're going to be such a judgemental *****, don't read other diaries. Simple.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs to find what works for them. Yes, the less 'CRAP' the better, but not everyone can eat perfectly all the time. Some people can feel very deprived if they don't get a little naughty in there, so a little bit of naughty prevents failure by giving up or succumbing to a binge of the forbidden foods. I just try to find a healthy lifestyle with nutritious food, exercise and a little naughty. I don't spend a lot of energy worrying about what other people are doing because I'm so busy just trying to take care of myself. :happy:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Wow, some overly sensitive people in here.

You are totally missing what she is getting at. She said people that COMPLAIN ABOUT NOT LOSING yet still eat crap.

So if you are eating what you want in moderation and are still losing...then good you have figured it out. She is commenting on the ones that haven't figured that out.

I am seriously glad I don't have people like y'all on my friends list and have awesome supportive yet realistic people on mine.

Sheesh, OP, some of us get what you are saying. :flowerforyou:
  • smittybuilt19
    smittybuilt19 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    After reading the first few comments, I actually do appreciate the original post. In a way it will help keep me accountable as I try to start incorporating more healthy choices into my diet. Lord knows I'm not getting a boot in the *kitten* in real life.