So your eating less crap, but its still CRAP

Options

Replies

• evmoses
    evmoses Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I dont know about you but to me this is a lifestyle change not a diet and no food to me is off limits... Plus why worry about what other people eat your attitude is why people keep there diary's private....

Yup! Some of us have chosen to do this in a more 'everyting in moderation' method, not go completely clean. This is a personal choice. If your friends ask for help then by all means, scan their diary and make suggestions. Otherwise who cares?! This is the reason why my diary is only open to friends and even then I rarely "complete" so that it's not out there to be viewed. My life, my choices.

ETA: OP - who said you were a loser? We're just saying you're getting your panties in a twist over something that's neither any of your business nor something you can dictate to someone else. You've chosen to go completely clean - good for you!! Why mandate that all your friends do the same thing? Live and let live and calm down!

How would you feel if some religious zealot came up to you and said you're going to hell unless you live the way they say you should? This is really not that much different...

DITTO!
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try positive encouragement, instead of complaining about what other people eat? If you don't like it, don't read their logs.

Chill out, it's not your problem.

And learn to spell.
    Word. I eat fairly well for the most part, but if I want a cookie or pizza occasionally, I'll eat what I want. It's no one's problem but my own, and I'm doing just fine with my weight loss.
  • SherryR1971
    SherryR1971 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    You guys are all picking apart a comment to make it about what upsets YOU and missing the point entirely. I guess I know now not to bother with the forums on here. Eat what you want, by all means. Shame on me for caring.

I love it-you sound like my ex-husband...make a statement, and when people defend themselves you act like you are the injured party...no one said shame on you for caring, they are just saying you take care of you, we will take care of ourselves...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    or...

ScreenShot2012-10-25at82648AM_zpsc743272a.png

^^^ Win!

50234_106691722686008_2916_n.jpg
  • Keto_Keith
    Options
    This just in, you aren't the secret key-holder of the only way to lose weight and get in shape, I know, amazing huh...
  • indigo_rose
    Options
    Why do people call junk treats and rewards? I am with this lady...fuel your body with the best not the worst...junk should be assigned to the bin really, not used as treats and rewards...it does make my blood boil a bit when I see those two words used, so does the word cheat...ugh!

Amen to that sister! Don't reward yourself with food! You aren't dogs.. a reward is buying a nice outfit coz it fits. I'm all for eating what you like but in moderation, for the most part at least attempt to be healthy, coz your body is your temple, not a garbage can.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I try and alway eat good...when I eat junk & diet soda's I just want more of it!!
  • Amanda82691
    Amanda82691 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I agree 548716541568468465168%!!! I have ALWAYS though this. Just because you are eating LESS cake ITS STILL UNHEALTHY CAKE!!!! lol.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    or...

ScreenShot2012-10-25at82648AM_zpsc743272a.png

:laugh: :happy:
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    I agree 548716541568468465168%!!! I have ALWAYS though this. Just because you are eating LESS cake ITS STILL UNHEALTHY CAKE!!!! lol.

One must not fear food. Nothing is unhealthy, MODERATION IS KEY.

Ok, maybe re-deep-fried KFC skin dipped in baconaise is pushing it. :)
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    It's a journey, not a leap off a cliff. My diet is significantly better than it used to be and I have lost 25lbs because of that. Do I eat 100% clean? Nope. I eat (gasp) chips and (gasp) yesterday I had a 40cal fudge bar and half an apple donut from the apple orchard we went to over the weekend. *shrugs* If I tried to go from eating the crap diet that most of the country eats to eating 100% clean, I would have failed because the change would be too drastic. Instead, I'm making small changes, living with them until they become lifestyle, and then making more small changes. It works for me for the long term.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,

If you want to lose more weight, try to take my Cadbury premium dark chocolate away from me.

Go on.

You really don't *need* BOTH hands.

Huggles,
    zyxst
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    You work out at Planet Fitness, don't you...

Absolutely not. Should I now assume you are just another meathead or are we done playing the assume and judge game?

My point was we all have our own paths and yours is not mine and vice versa. Mine is not the same as the OP's and vice versa. What is wrong with just respecting the fact that we are not all the same?

I sure hope many of you save your judgement for anonymous internet forums and don't act like this in your real life.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options

One must not fear food. Nothing is unhealthy, MODERATION IS KEY.

Ok, maybe re-deep-fried KFC skin dipped in baconaise is pushing it. :)

Or deep fried butter. Or deep fried pepsi. Those might be unhealthy too :o I agree though, I feel like if we cut ourselves off of everything that isn't 100% healthy we're setting ourselves up to fail at some point.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    word.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Take off the judgey pants, they don't do anything for your *kitten*.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    It's really driving me mental!!! I have something like 89 friends on here. I browse a lot of food journals (friends and random people, too) and am SHOCKED by what I see most of the time. Most of you want to lose weight but I see are not willing to change your ways. Food for thought on this Thursday. Lean on your support network if you need help. That's why we're here! Why log in every day and record CRAP. If you want to change your body, CHANGE YOUR DIET!

This is so funny. It really is about calories. I tell people that all the time and they say "Well then why do you eat so clean???!!" Well, because it makes me feel better, sleep better, and perform better at my sports.

But too many changes at once can be hard on some people. I've always eaten healthy so it easy for me to simply eat less. Eating at a calorie deficit is hard on people, even a small deficit puts your body in a state of flux with hormones and such. Everyone is different. Some people can handle a deeper calorie deficit than others, this is not right or wrong, it just is. Stress in your life effects your hunger hormones; lack of sleep, fatigue, job stress, family stress, financial stress, etc. Add in emotional eating issues and it gets even more complicated. Most people can only handle so much change/ stress at once, they try to do too much and fail. Sometimes it might be a better strategy to eat at maintenance and make some small changes first, it really depends on how much stress you are taking in at the moment.
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    You guys are all picking apart a comment to make it about what upsets YOU and missing the point entirely. I guess I know now not to bother with the forums on here. Eat what you want, by all means. Shame on me for caring.

And yet here you are dedicating an entire thread to your "friends" complaining about the way they eat bringing it to the other people's attention. Maybe their goal isn't to eat healthy right now, they might want to lose weight and are learning to make healthy choices along the way
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I dont know about you but to me this is a lifestyle change not a diet and no food to me is off limits... Plus why worry about what other people eat your attitude is why people keep there diary's private....

Yup! Some of us have chosen to do this in a more 'everyting in moderation' method, not go completely clean. This is a personal choice. If your friends ask for help then by all means, scan their diary and make suggestions. Otherwise who cares?! This is the reason why my diary is only open to friends and even then I rarely "complete" so that it's not out there to be viewed. My life, my choices.

ETA: OP - who said you were a loser? We're just saying you're getting your panties in a twist over something that's neither any of your business nor something you can dictate to someone else. You've chosen to go completely clean - good for you!! Why mandate that all your friends do the same thing? Live and let live and calm down!

How would you feel if some religious zealot came up to you and said you're going to hell unless you live the way they say you should? This is really not that much different...

Could not have said it better myself. Love you Minnie!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Agreed. But it makes me feel better about that way I manage to maintain my lifestyle.