So your eating less crap, but its still CRAP

Options

Replies

• Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I would be sad if I cared so much to make a thread about what people that you don't know eat...hmmmm

lol...
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I wish we were friends......My diary would give you a coronary. I am pretty happy with where I am getting and I like Ice Cream.....a lot.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Why do people call junk treats and rewards? I am with this lady...fuel your body with the best not the worst...junk should be assigned to the bin really, not used as treats and rewards...it does make my blood boil a bit when I see those two words used, so does the word cheat...ugh!

Amen to that sister! Don't reward yourself with food! You aren't dogs.. a reward is buying a nice outfit coz it fits. I'm all for eating what you like but in moderation, for the most part at least attempt to be healthy, coz your body is your temple, not a garbage can.

If you want to be in charge of my "rewards," then why didn't you say so? I'll be checking my mailbox for those gift cards!
  • VanessaGS
    VanessaGS Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to stay away from fast food, but some days I run out of time and it's my only option. For example, I went to Dairy Queen yesterday cuz my boyfriend wanted chicken strips. I usually go for the chicken strips, but instead got 2 grilled chicken wraps. I'm not saying it's any healthier, but at least it wasn't fried. At least I made the better choice. Also, I agree with you about some people still eating crap even though it's less of it. But some people might not have the same goals. Some just want to lose weight and don't think about the healthier choices they can make for their body. That will come with time. I used to think eating less of something was better, but now I'm worrying about what's healthier for my body. I'm trying to minimize my fast food because of the dehydrated oils in them. I'm so proud of myself on my progress.
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try positive encouragement, instead of complaining about what other people eat? If you don't like it, don't read their logs.

Chill out, it's not your problem.

Agreed. I still eat a lot of your so-called crap and I am doing just fine. I have no intention of becoming a "clean" eater as life is just too short. I would like to still enjoy food sometimes. You can not and will not change my opinion.

P.S. How many hands high is that horse you are on?

Maybe I am cranky today...maybe it's from eating crap. Either way - I don't care.
  • Fat2Fit145
    Fat2Fit145 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    It's really driving me mental!!! I have something like 89 friends on here. I browse a lot of food journals (friends and random people, too) and am SHOCKED by what I see most of the time. Most of you want to lose weight but I see are not willing to change your ways. Food for thought on this Thursday. Lean on your support network if you need help. That's why we're here! Why log in every day and record CRAP. If you want to change your body, CHANGE YOUR DIET!

i understand what u mean... but even less crap is better than a whole bunch of crap....in my view... at least they are cutting down on their calories... yes they shld change, but if they want to treat themselves a bit then it shouldnt be too bad.... congrats on ur change of diet :)
  • RavenHershey0107
    Options
    Nah I eat in moderation and use portion control and yes that includes "crap" as you call it. Its my body and this way has worked for me. I have not only gotten to a healthy weight but I have also gotten to my goal size and fat percent. Keep you eyes and focus on your own diet. We all choose what works for us and this high and mighty trend is exhausting. there is more than one path to health.
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Just a quick observation...

The majority of the avatars telling the OP to cram it because she's a judgmental loser and a meanie pants are not fit, lean, jacked, or awesome looking.

Not everyone wants to look like you.

Just sayin'.

Of course. I didn't say, assume, or allude to some idea that everybody wants to look like me. I did say that I wouldn't value the advice or opinion of (paraphrasing) a fat person on how to not be fat or a weak person on how to be strong. But if someone says, "here's my goal, here's my plan," and OP sees consistent deviation from the plan that derails the goals, where is she wrong to call out, criticize, or coach the person who is sabotaging himself?
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Get over yourself. You do you.
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Why don't you try positive encouragement, instead of complaining about what other people eat? If you don't like it, don't read their logs.

Chill out, it's not your problem.

And learn to spell.

*bows down* THIS!!!!!

If you were one of my friends, I'd delete you. Everyone is making the best effort they can, and the fact that they are eating LESS "crap" is a HUGE step for many!!!

Grow up.
  • samanthagray88
    Options
    Moderation is not the only thing that matters. If you only care about weight loss, then fine, but if you care about health, then you shouldn't be eating processed and sugar-filled foods. It is our own choices and our own right, but if you are on a site like this, then everyone should expect friendly constructive criticism. Every once in a while is ok, but not as a daily treat. Look at the quality of your intake, not just quantity. Its not sad that she mentiioned this because its true. Its not like she named names, she was just making a valid point. And diary's are not private if you choose to let people view them.
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    It's really driving me mental!!! I have something like 89 friends on here. I browse a lot of food journals (friends and random people, too) and am SHOCKED by what I see most of the time. Most of you want to lose weight but I see are not willing to change your ways. Food for thought on this Thursday. Lean on your support network if you need help. That's why we're here! Why log in every day and record CRAP. If you want to change your body, CHANGE YOUR DIET!

What would you constitute as "crap"?

In reality, there isn't a single food item, by itself, that is inherently bad for you.

Now, over the course of a day or week or more, if there are people who are continuously over calories, then I can see your point. Especially if these same people are complaining that they can't lose weight. However, if these people are always at a calorie deficit and able to be consistent with macronutrients, then I don't see where the foods they are choosing to accomplish this should matter.
  • samanthagray88
    Options
    You are right that it is a huge step for some, but it is just one of many steps to take, people are not meant to live on low calorie crap forever.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Take off the judgey pants, they don't do anything for your *kitten*.

Take off your 'I dont care about helping other people on my friends list' smirk, it isnt doing anything for your karma :)
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    I ate eight chocolate chip cookies yesterday.

The fact this bothers a random stranger makes me want to eat eight more today.
  • Tracepa98
    Tracepa98 Posts: 219
    Options
    Just a quick observation...

The majority of the avatars telling the OP to cram it because she's a judgmental loser and a meanie pants are not fit, lean, jacked, or awesome looking.

Not everyone wants to look like you.

Just sayin'.

Of course. I didn't say, assume, or allude to some idea that everybody wants to look like me. I did say that I wouldn't value the advice or opinion of (paraphrasing) a fat person on how to not be fat or a weak person on how to be strong. But if someone says, "here's my goal, here's my plan," and OP sees consistent deviation from the plan that derails the goals, where is she wrong to call out, criticize, or coach the person who is sabotaging himself?

She isn't wrong for wanting to help them. But doing it this way to post a thread and go "wah wah its annoying me that my friends do this in their food diary" is ridiculous and childish. If I had a friend that did what she did I would call her a b*tch and defriend her. Why doesn't she just PRIVATELY message the person and provide suggestions and bring it to their attention if she cares so much. You don't have to announce it to the entire forum community.

And to the OP...I really am glad that you aren't on my friends list. I have a few squares of dove dark chocolate every couple days, Ive had a brownie and last Friday I went to the local Fair and had a few pieces of funnel cake and deep fried oreos. **GASP!!** Guess I'm going to hell now!!

Im fat, yes I know it. BUT Ive also lost 22lbs in the last 2 months so suck it!
  • colleenswe
    Options
    How right you are...You can not lose weight without changing the diet
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You must have a sad life to worry about other peoples food diaries. I eat chocolate and crisps every day (they are just lower calorie variations to the ones I used to eat) and it fits my macros, and I still lose weight. This is a lifestyle change, not a diet, and I don't plan to cut out anything that I couldn't give up forever.

This.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If they're eating less crap, they'll lose weight.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Or sad yourself since you so much time to breed such negativity about people who care about those around them?
    Don't forget who started this thread....