Runners, what race are you training for right now??

Options

Replies

• Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I have these races paid for and scheduled:

5k weSPARK at Universal Studios Backlot
    10k Turkey Trot
    5k Electric Run
    5k Holiday Race

Looking forward to them all. Each has a theme or is a little different. The Electric Run is done at night with music and glow-in-the-dark accessories and the weSPARK race I get to run through the backlot of Universal Studios. Can't wait!
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Just to clarify I am NOT a runner... but I am training for the Santa Hustle 5K!
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    5K Hot chocolate run Nov 4th, Chicago
  • tmfrater77
    tmfrater77 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Kwanzaafest 5K Beat Obesity Run/Walk on Dec. 8th

Firefly 5K run and Azalea 10K Run both in March

and whatever else I can find in between
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    It's only a 5K but the Ghosts and Goblins Run Tuesday October 30th!

There is no such thing as "only" a 5k. It is a very tough distance to race well.
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Color me rad 5k...Nov 10
    Spectrum 10k...March 16
  • DeniseBromley
    DeniseBromley Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Great Turtle Race - 5.7mile walk/run on Mackinac Island this weekend and I'm planning on a 5k on Thanksgiving morning.
  • wolfgate
    wolfgate Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have 4 5ks left this fall season. Will finish with Mistletoe 5k (Winston Salem) and Ragsdale YMCA Reindeer Run (Jamestown, NC) on back to back first two weekends in December. Back to back PR efforts.

I'll base build through winter and then likely do another 5k/10k season in the spring. Thinking about another marathon in the fall if I have a successful spring race season.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    It's only a 5K but the Ghosts and Goblins Run Tuesday October 30th!

There is no such thing as "only" a 5k. It is a very tough distance to race well.

Amen to that. 5K pain is the worst kind of pain, when properly raced. I hurt worse the last mile of a 5K than I do in the last 10K of a marathon.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Because I'm coming off of (at least I hope I am coming off of it) Planar Faciatias I'm not training for anything just hitting the Arc Trainer and exercise bike.

I have a 10K on November 10th I'm probably switching to the 5K instead.
    I have a 5K on thanksgiving
    I have a 5K in early december, everybody who runs gets a santa suit to run in and then they light the big tree and have a parade.
    On New Years day I have both a 5K and then a Mile Run. They are the first runs in two different running series I'm doing and in the case of the 1 mile run I'll avoid having to do the 10 mile run to make my minimum races for the spiffy jacket.

I started running this year. I did a 10K in July that ended with my running out of the giant inflatable patriots helmet and across the 50 yard line in Gilette. I did a 5K in August, the warrior dash and a 5K the next day in September, a 5K this past weekend on my bad foot and you can see what I have scheduled going forward.

I will be training for a 1/2 marathon come the spring once the snow is melted.
    Then a marathon in 2014, maybe 2.
    Assuming I qualify the Boston Marathon in 2015. I'll have jumped an age catagory by then so I'll get an extra ten minutes to qualify.

Right now I'm really hating my planar faciatias. I got brand new running shoes (my first pair of proper ones) and got all exicted and ran 5 miles, 8 miles and 5 miles over 3 straight days which was probably the cause of my PF and not the shoes themselves. A proper running store watched me run and walk and then had me choose between like 6 diffrent kinds/brands.

I thought they might have fit weird, especially since they had me go a half size bigger than I'm used to but then I hated the first bowling ball that was fitted for my fingers because it felt weird compared to the crappy house balls the alley had out for anyone to use....
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I have a 5K this weekend and another one next weekend! 2 in 7 days!!!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I have a half in March. I might do a 10 along the way. My goal at the moment is to get back up to decent distances (recovering from minor injury) and then maintain through the winter.
  • fitontherun
    fitontherun Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Not really training for a race at this time, but I working on building a running base for a half marathon in April. I'd like to do a 5K or 10K in March; we'll see.
  • letjog
    letjog Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Portsmouth Marathon (UK) on 23rd December!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I ran a half marathon last weekend (my profile picture is the course elevation map, yikes!) and have the RNR Las Vegas on December 2nd and the RNR Arizona on January 20th. No smaller races scheduled yet, but I'm sure I'll be filling some in from January to March.
  • olemissgal00als
    olemissgal00als Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    St. Jude Memphis Marathon December 1st
  • Blythe53
    Blythe53 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wisconsin Half Marathon next May.... Turkey Trot this Thanksgiving!!! :wink:
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    None. Raced-out.
  • nickhuffman74
    nickhuffman74 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Little Rock full 3/24/2012
  • tamcrit
    tamcrit Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Carlsbad Half Marathon - January